Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
For FirstAidKite (who asked in the last thread) and for anyone else who was wondering, this is my pretty minecraft house:

The front with its little beach and cheeky waterfall:

A good look at the drop:

The lovely front again:

Inside, as I sit at my table, you can see the BEAUTIFUL orange floor and some art. The hole in the middle is downstairs to the lab, and the two doors with glass go to the bedroom area.

A better look at the downstairs hole and the two equidistant doors:

Now, through the doors leads me to my reflection area with my lovely bookcases and two ladders slightly behind me:

Taking one of those ladders up leads to the open plan bedroom! :D Again with my gorgeous orange carpet.

The bed of kings! A cyan base to contrast nicely against the orange floor and orange glass:

OK, now downstairs into the lab with chests galore:

Each chest contains a few important things. My most important lot are stored in these five:

If you go left of these chests you find my workshop area :D

The workshop has a number of devices. On the far left are an energetic infuser (that charges my tools and armour up), an induction smelter and a compressor. I mostly use the infuser.

The big network takes mined ore from the wood chest, pulverises it into two of each single ore, moves it into the iron chest which then outputs certain things (via a redstone servo) to the redstone furnace that makes the ingots that are then dumped into the gold chest!

The two doors take me to the flux duct area which tells each things what to do and is like a maintenance area :D

The workshop machines get to see this all day:

That hole surrounded by polished diorite is this:

A drop straight to bedrock. There is a pool of water at the bottom to save me from fall damage and I mine happily down there for ages before returning on the ladder to fill chests :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

I never knew minecraft was so...vertigo-inducing?

Oh, I like to use a high FOV thanks to my Quake FPS days :D I usually run around games at 110-120 FOV and my minecraft is on 110.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

glam rock hamhock posted:

I really hope The Fall 2 lives up to the first one. The first one was so unexpectedly good.

Also stop messing with my thread titles Videogames :mad: I liked it better with February twice.

I promise I did not change the thread title :(

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Quite a busy weekend!
Finished Batman: TellTale series and loved it.
Finished season 2 of The Good Place (and very happy about how that is going)
Caught up with Star Trek Discovery (also enjoying the heck out of the show even though my favourite captain turned out to be a bad guy and is now dead!! Majorly bummed out by that!)
Increased my level and rank to 9 and 3 respectively in Everybody's Golf, which is one of the most fun games I have owned.
Will be finishing Uncharted 1 this evening, then moving onto 2.

And finally when playing on games my own I have just started Persona 5 AKA the slickest art designed, chillest musically inclined, loungiest game I have ever experienced!! Loving it :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

VideoGames when're we gonna work on making a video game :v:

I will try to put some time aside this next few days!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I know I am one of the very, very few (perhaps the only poster on this site) who had fun reading Ready Player One and will be seeing the film, but I happened across this video on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZp4HFHGmzc

It is the reworking of 'World of Imagination' that they use in the trailer and I cannot stop listening to it :D It is absolutely awesome and totally conjures up a mad electronic universe of whatever you want to be! I love bombastic renditions of tracks by orchestras :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Just out of curiosity, what did you enjoy about it? What did you like about it? What was good about it?

I will try to answer this as best as I can.
I will always completely own anything I enjoy/like and am not ashamed in the slightest! :D

OK, one of the very first games I ever played was for the Commodore 64. It was called Snare. I played it when I was 7 years old. The manual had a little bit of backstory to the game which was that you were a fortune seeker. A crazy old rich guy had set up a contest called Snare. He made 16 or so levels where the object of the game was to guide a little ship around them to the exit, avoiding traps and other fortune seekers. Whoever got to the end of the entire Snare would win his whole fortune! It was tough, and much tougher than anything I had played at the time (which consisted of SMB1).

The plot, however, stuck with me for all of my life. I thought that idea was so cool.

Ready Player One has a similar idea in it. Find the three secret keys by deciphering pop culture references and you will win the whole of the Oasis!

It is a definitely a book where you can imagine that power fantasy. Wade is a blank slate for you to neatly slip yourself onto it and by goodness, the Oasis is something I would want to experience. To be in any one of my fantasy worlds and live infinite crazy lives like in the stories I write!

Being down on your luck, having a pretty bad home life and wishing for something good to happen to you was exactly where I was when I first read the book. It was at the beginning of my spiral and this book alleviated that depression. While I read it, I was sucked into Oasis too. I had never been happier (at the time) than when I was a pre teen, and as I grew up in the 80s these references activated my nostalgia so very much that it allowed me to feel better.

I became really invested in Wade's story. Some things I saw coming, some I did not, and those I did not I still love The kill screen pacman game extra life is one of my favourite little bits in the book for the exact moment I realised what it meant at the end had me grinning like a complete idiot!

A lot of the references are just lists and the main character does have a tendency to do things completely right with loss of failure but that is not why I was reading it.

I read it because I wanted to be that unstoppable hero who got everything he wanted in his own Oasis full of his favourite things and attain happiness.

Since my therapy and wellness I read the book again a few months ago (right after the first trailer was released).

I still loved it. I still love the power fantasy that it invokes, and I love the side character backstories, I love that it is the dreams I had as a kid in tangible form.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Might I recommend Second Life? :v:

ha! Not quite the same, I am afraid.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Steve Wiebe is a hero of mine!
I love King of Kong. Utterly love it!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

Does Titanfall 2 have a good story?

I am not a fan of Call of Duty (the last one I played was Modern Warfare) but Titanfall 2 was ace and one of the only times I have been successful playing an FPS game on a console!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

looks like i got in a vermintide 2 tech test for the weekend so that's my saturday sorted

the EULA looks like it's pretty strict so i hope i didn't breach it by saying i got in

thats it ur banned

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

codenameFANGIO posted:

figuring out what to do at the end of Portal 2 was one for me for sure

Just thinking about this bit give me goosebumps and I can hear the music in my head. This moment and all the others contained within are why Portal 2 is my favourite game of all time!!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I like food and I like video gaming.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Yorkshire Puds are what we Brits have as part of a Sunday Roast Dinner.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Something that has just crossed my mind, I have never heard the word Ubisoft spoken aloud by another person. I have only ever read it and in my head I pronounce it Ooohbsoft.

Is it actually Youbeesoft?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I drink lots of lovely tea.
My favourite is either Lapsang Souchong or Lady Grey! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I just started Celeste this weekend and I have been trying to avoid spoilers and such, but seeing up the page there is a thing called C-sides and I cannot even get past the second screen on the first b-side is making me go :aaaaa:

The game itself is an utter delight and the track that plays in the first level is burned into my mind and one of my favourite music tracks from a video game of all time! So glad it is on spotify.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
What is assist mode? I have been reluctant to turn it on in case it changes the game.

Normally I will play every 'easy easier easiest' mode on every game there is because I take forever to complete games as is.

There is only one genre exception and that is platformers. Platformers are my most favourite game genre and I adore them and play tons of them. (I mean I completed Bart Vs the World to 100% when I was eleven!)

Celeste is kicking my butt hardcore, but it is a good kicking!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Also regarding Celeste:

I have just gotten to chapter four and I was having the mountain absolutely kick my butt until I reached a patch without the blowing winds and it was back to the old jumping and being precise when I came across a white block that looked like one from my second favourite game of all time SMB3!.

I thought that it looked out of place and wondered if the same trick worked and it utterly did allowing me to get some sort of blue heart! I am an absolute sucker for references to other things and more so when they are things I love so that little secret brought me much glee! I just wonder what the blue heart means.

• Locked thread