Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
  • Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think the Little Witch Academia game is out this month too but nowhere has a firm release date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I like SFV because other modern fighting games are too complicated for me

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's simple for someone who gets excited when they actually manage to beat someone online

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ms Adequate posted:

Maybe they know that and are asking for BoF 7 did u even think of that???/

(seriously though we need a good new Breath of Fire jfc Capcom also, Konami, nani the gently caress are you doing not making my Suikoden VI?)

The Suikoden writer has a game coming out on 3DS. It's by the Legend of Legacy devs....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Iconoclasts looks like the renaissance of 2D graphics I always wanted instead of everyone going 'eh NES graphics are fine'.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

Apparently the new FFXII locks you into a job, which is fine, but later you get to pick a second class for each of your guys? How does that work?

You get excited that it might change up combat for a second but then go back to auto attacking everything to death.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Too well fortunately since that saved me from having to deal with the slow laggy combat menu.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Expect My Mom posted:

I've been bouncing between Final Fantasy X and Dragon Quest 8 to prepare myself for playing FF 15/DQ 11 but I've discovered I extremely dont have the time for that

So help me pick one please!

X is the best FF and all DQ games are boring so that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The worst thing about DS3 were the multiphase boss fights, having to constantly beat the earlier phases to get to the stuff you were actually stuck on sucked.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looper posted:

why won't they call them pickles

It's European and we have lots of different pickles here not just small cucumbers

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's like five minutes long and that's if you stop to kill stuff

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nitroplus Blasterz

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Worst part of Black Gulch is those two fuckin giants you have to kill to get a DLC key in SotFS.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Who's route did you do in NitW?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same she owns

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've bought worse games more times and it's a budget release so.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah that's pretty nuts and I'm glad I resisted making a flippant 'yeah it's on Unity lol' remark now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Apparently the only thing breaking at the moment is the game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Any% BB sucks because they patched out the biggest skips so yeah it's mostly staring at the 1.0 loading screens.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The most annoying part is you're guaranteed to take a little bit of fall damage on the roofs.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

'punished'

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm heading to the rocket in Iconoclasts, I'm guessing that's near the end of the game? Do I get a chance to go and find any stuff I missed still or is that it now?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Okay cool thanks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Am I doing something wrong in this final area of Iconoclasts? There seems to be no way of dealing with these blue goop covered enemies without taking a ton of damage from the spike wheel rollers that only seem vulnerable your wrench but still take a bunch of hits while they're constantly rolling over you.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lets hang out posted:

The rollers go down fairly quick to uncharged shots from your swapper gun but you'll still probably have to just try to avoid gooped enemies until they do unless you can squeeze in a charged swap to de-goop and then kill them. It's just hard.

Yeah I complained on the internet so I beat it this time, good game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kiryu has hosed at least 20 women over the course of six or seven games. But sidequest Kiryu and storyline Kiryu are often two different people.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

al-azad posted:

I'm going to loving die of stress fighting Flamelurker I swear to christ the pattern change up and attack boost towards the end is killing me. Every single time, a sliver of health left, every single time I get caught up in the geometry of his terrible arena and die aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I beat him first time like pretty much every DeS boss

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sorry that wasn't very helpful

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not really, DS1 has a much shorter intro level, DS2 and 3 pretty much start you out straight away. Bloodborne throws you into the game straight away but you can't level until you've seen a boss.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I beat both CB and Gascoigne first time in my first play through, then in my second it took me about 10 goes to kill FG because it was just a fluke and I never learned to fight him properly.

Still never been killed by BSB though

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

For whatever reason I've always inserted an 'L' and called him Glass Coin.

Huh I just realised I haven't seen Snak around for a while

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SotC looks so good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Playing the LiS prequel is reminding me how much I hated the 'real' ending of the original and also how much I hate stories where you know the characters are doomed from the start.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Internet Kraken posted:

How do you feel about Taro Yoko games

They own, consistency isn't really my thing.

Macaluso posted:

Uh “real” ending? I don’t think one is considered canon more than the other

Much as I prefer the other ending you're kidding yourself if you don't think the ending they spent more than five minutes on is what the writers considered the real ending.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That just comes from the games weird attitude towards Max's time travel powers, like it seems to want you to think they're bad and nothing good comes of them, which both comes off as weirdly punitive for a character who got them completely by accident and also provably wrong since she unearthed a crazy serial killer and stopped him.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

life is strange isnt very well written

Yeah, it's just a shame I had to get to the last half hour before I realised it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

life is strange wants to force you into a difficult choice at the end but it forgets to write likable characters other than the one it wants you to have a dilemma over

Also this, it would have been a harder choice if I gave a poo poo about anyone in town.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh wait I lied, my main motivation for 'gently caress the town' was hoping it would take David out, what an rear end in a top hat. He also managed to make me hate two characters, Chloe's mum would be a sympathetic character if she didn't turn a blind eye to how awful he was with Chloe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

al-azad posted:

All you people who saved Kate just to let her die in a hurricane are the real monsters.

If you go back and let Chloe die she kills herself anyway because doing anything with your knowledge of what's going to happen counts as time fuckery and it's hurricane time again.

• Locked thread
«4 »