Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Does Survive have single player stuff or is it all multi base defence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

codenameFANGIO posted:

lmao wait are you serious, I didn’t even really think there was single player

Gonna buy this when it’s like five bucks lol

Same

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Survive is actually part of the Kingdom Hearts universe

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's like £22 so I'm considering it now

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd recognise that low budget Japanese PS3 game font anywhere

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

oddium posted:

no they wouldn't

Some people got mad about it at the time anyway

I know at least one person in real life who still refuses to play it because it's 'not a real mgs game'.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't not drink tea but I'll never drink it where coffee is readily available instead

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man Agents of Mayhem is pretty sad.

'Saints Row but without the charm' is about as damning as statements get

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

StrixNebulosa posted:

All I wanted from Fire Emblem was a crossover with SMT that captured the best aspects of both series

and instead we got pop idol nonsense :sigh:

It's the best Fire Emblem game, best SMT game and best WiiU exclusive game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm never ironic

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

loquacius posted:

Also is the Secret of Mana remake any good? Reviews are mixed

It's a fairly faithful remake gameplay wise with some minor improvements and worse (or at least less charming) graphics and a pretty bad but fortunately optional remixed soundtrack. Apparently the pc version is pretty buggy but I haven't had many problems on PS4.
If you're a fan of the original the graphics and wether you hate the new companion AI are the biggest deal breakers.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The remake is actually better written because it has a plot and characters actually talk to each other now and you have a reasonable idea of what's actually going on. Shame the gameplay is still mostly the same.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That sounds rad! I think I've heard the title before but just assumed it was a Steamworld game

It's more like Valkyria Chronicles than X-Com, only much worse. In fact Steamworld Heist is a much better turn based strategy game too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shadow of the Colossus remake prob

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

al-azad posted:

Actual Secret of Mana cutscene

Krissie: Who're you? Imperial spies?
Randi: Hardly!
Krissie: Jema told us about you! Welcome to the Resistance!
Randi: I'm Randi. How do you do?
Primm: Wow! You're... a WOMAN!!!
Kahl: Jealous?
Primm: Knock it off! I'm Dyluck's girl!
Krissie: You KNOW Dyluck?
Primm: Of course... why?
Krissie: A "Dyluck's" been draining people's energy at the ruins to the east.
Primm: Like in Pandora! but why's Dyluck...
Krissie: Something must be controlling him. We'll check on that.

*The Resistance proceeds to walk in circles*

Square must've been so embarrassed that 10 years later for Sword of Mana they said "Triple it. All the dialog, TRIPLE IT!"

I mean a lot of that was because Wolsey has 30 days to do the translation and had no access to the game's code so it had to fit into the text boxes without being able to alter their or the fonts size.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Internet Kraken posted:

Why the hell did so many of you buy Metal Gear Survive

I've been hearing it's pretty decent and I dgaf about gamer anti-Konami whatever so

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ceyton posted:

I'm usually a Woolsey apologist for this reason (and also because he had to satisfy Nintendo of America's censors), but good loving god the SoM translation is egregious.

lol I'm probably his biggest critic around here but I tend to give SoM a pass

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's how I run....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only thing I watch is currently airing anime shows and that's like 45 minutes every other day at most.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah it finished last year, season 3 is summer I think?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll take them getting drunk at the party and bi Ayla over ye oldy Frog

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I dunno what's out in March?? Far Cry 5 probably???

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What's wrong with the mobile version?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also I have less than 20% to go to 100% Lego City Undercover and I want to finish all the original Megaman games before 11 comes out so probably some of those next month.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gonna assume you can't just turn off the smoothing crap

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

raditts posted:

Missed out on Big O chat, but I loved the first season and felt the second season turned into some Evangelion level incomprehensible nonsense with a non-ending and kind of soured me on the show as a whole.

Yeah that's why the second season is good (the first season also had a non-ending too).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I only buy games on console because my pc is 7 years old now and it takes 20 minutes from hitting the power button until when it's usable and I can't be bothered upgrading for the two things I use it for, and I could probably use my tablet for those anyway if I looked into it. Also I don't have to mess with pc poo poo to get them to run.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's just V II with VR stuff and some balance changes so it's a £10 or less deal at the most.

E: oh I guess 4GO just came out on Steam and you probably mean that, uh it's a typical Nep with fairly boring action combat instead of fairly boring turn based combat but I prefer the former so I actually finished it for once.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Feb 28, 2018

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Erg posted:

Next month is Atelier Lydie & Suelle so get hype

Please don't suck

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eh, people want to gently caress every character ever

Adbot