Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«79 »
  • Locked thread
The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

https://twitter.com/theathleticedm/...971417336401923

drat, this contract began to suck immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

He's the best mindfuck yet

Meanwhile, TJ Oshie has 2 goals in his last 37 games despite being on the first power play unit and getting almost all of his even strength time with either Kuznetsov or Backstrom.

Only 7 more years left on that contract.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Again, Torts took him to a very high mountain and showed him Nationwide and all its splendor.

"All this I will give you," he said, "if you will lay down and block for me." -Jackets 15:16

Mind_Taker posted:

Meanwhile, TJ Oshie has 2 goals in his last 37 games despite being on the first power play unit and getting almost all of his even strength time with either Kuznetsov or Backstrom.

Only 7 more years left on that contract.

Brandon Saad has like 9 goals in his last 56 games.

In Chicago.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

HEY LITTLE SIDNEY WANT TO SEE MY CORSI?

Rangers D system is so trash

Hayes has been on fire lately and Spooner seems to be playing well with him. I think Hayes' growth as a player into a guy who is a somewhat decent 2 way player kind of paved the way for Miller to be traded one way or another. No way they were ever keeping both of them but Hayes is somehow the more consistent player despite not scoring as much as Miller. I don't really know how that works but...

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

quote:

The contract itself is ironclad. It is one of four nearly identical deals signed in the summer of 2016 by famous wingers hovering around the age of 30:

Milan Lucic: seven years, $6.0 million AAV, 55 percent signing bonuses
Kyle Okposo: seven years, $6.0 million AAV, 60 percent in signing bonuses
Loui Eriksson: six years, $6.0 million AAV, 78 percent in signing bonuses
Andrew Ladd: seven years, $5.5 million AAV, 82 percent in signing bonuses

There are minor variations to each contract. Eriksson’s is slightly shorter, Ladd’s slightly cheaper, and Okposo’s the only one with a final season that is bonus-free, allowing the Sabres to potentially buyout the riskiest year on the deal. Given the ages of the players in question, I’ve always felt Okposo’s was the most team-friendly of the four, though none is a bargain.

The model for all of these pacts was Toronto’s contract with David Clarkson, signed three years earlier. Clarkson agreed to a seven-year deal at a hefty $5.25 million cap hit, one which was worrisome before the ink was even dry.

Hmm...yeah seems like a good model.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wasn't Clarkson already dead by the time those 4 came up?

Like they literally saw the worst case scenario and went ahead anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

I'm here to kiss tittiess and win football games!

Pillbug

Time for a March thread, no?

• Locked thread
«79 »