Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Twin Cinema posted:

Legitimately confused how "Chewie, we're home. And by that I mean we're going to win this home game," made it into the magazine.

Part of the charm is it’s a kids magazine and it’s really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

vrbata submitted his 10 team trade list

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
This should save a few mil for Karlsson

quote:

What is it they say … If you want something done right, do it yourself?

Apparently, Eugene Melnyk has decided to take that approach in running his Ottawa Senators.

Rather than hiring a replacement for recently departed president and chief executive officer Tom Anselmi, the Senators owner will leave his cozy nest in Barbados, set up an office in the nation’s capital and assume the CEO duties of his own team, a well-placed source inside the organization says.
http://ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators/and-the-new-ceo-of-the-senators-is-eugene-melnyk

lmao

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

hifi posted:

lmao

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

dale tallon needed to erase the mark of the computer boys so badly that he replaced reilly smith with the clinically deceased vrbata

now hes got to try to trade him on a partial NTC in a year when he has scored 5 goals. 0 of those 10 teams will be interested. 0 of 30 would be interested without the NTC

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I bet the NHL is looking for exit strategies.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

Ă¢Â€Â• Corey Dostoyevsky
the islanders allowed 95 shots the last two games, and allowed zero goals

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Byfuglien had his strongest game in a good while and you can kinda tell

https://twitter.com/NHLJetsNation/status/964703025884516352

e:
https://twitter.com/NHLGIFs/status/964704957361508357

FBS fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 17, 2018

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/KennyAlbert/status/964700742111059968

Lmao

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Rene Bourque scored more goals in this Olympics than Crosby did in Sochi lol

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

yellowcar posted:

Rene Bourque scored more goals in this Olympics than Crosby did in Sochi lol

Just a reminder of one of the wtf moments of the Habs last good playoff run (gently caress CHRIS KREIDER)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTuRVA6Yk-I

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Zodijackylite posted:

5.35m per for Backlund.

A glance at his age (29) and point totals (100 in the last two years, but never broke 40 before that) is a bit questionable, but his possession stats are great, and he seems to produce fairly consistently at even strength. Stats don't tell the whole story, but I seem to recall commentators calling him a very complete player with a good defensive game last year.

yeah they aren't signing him for goals. His whole line goes up against the top lines whenever they can.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

corn on the cop posted:

the islanders allowed 95 shots the last two games, and allowed zero goals

Seems like a smart and sustainable strategy to me

I now consider the defense completely fixed

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

hifi posted:

Come to butthead

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hahahahahaha this is great.

Yay flyera. Ms. Exile surprised me with 2 tickets to the game in Columbus. First time I'd seen them in person since 2010. Nationwide is a really nice arena.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a deserter. You have a right to trade me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies! I remember when I was with the Sweden National Team… seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into training camp to inoculate some rookies. We left the training camp after we had inoculated the rookies for polio, and this old grinder came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every stick. There they were in a pile. A pile of little sticks. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some AHLer. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was hip checked... like I was hip checked with a diamond... a diamond hip check right through my body. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had four divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to score without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without Melnyk! Because it's Melnyk that defeats us.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/964360394008440834
I didn't know Wes was over at the Olympics as well

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

DuhSal posted:

I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a deserter. You have a right to trade me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies! I remember when I was with the Sweden National Team… seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into training camp to inoculate some rookies. We left the training camp after we had inoculated the rookies for polio, and this old grinder came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every stick. There they were in a pile. A pile of little sticks. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some AHLer. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was hip checked... like I was hip checked with a diamond... a diamond hip check right through my body. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had four divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to score without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without Melnyk! Because it's Melnyk that defeats us.

:five:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Jackets are gonna miss by one god drat point, aren't they? :shepicide:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
The Blues have been sleepwalking for a while now, hope they remember to wake up so they don't miss the playoffs!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

Ă¢Â€Â• Corey Dostoyevsky

CBJSprague24 posted:

Jackets are gonna miss by one god drat point, aren't they? :shepicide:

eight metro teams, and seven are in playoff position or within two points of it \:v:/

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

corn on the cop posted:

eight metro teams, and seven are in playoff position or within two points of it \:v:/

There will be some decent, if not slightly mediocre, teams who just miss.

A look at the schedule for March makes me feel slightly better, as there's quite a bit of crap they play that month. Still, got to actually win the games.

E- Montreal, Detroit, Florida, the Rangers, Edmonton, Vancouver, Ottawa are games they should be able to win.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Feb 17, 2018

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

DuhSal posted:

:same:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

I'm still disappointed he won the Cup at all. It was great that he lost after bitching out on the Pens and going to Detroit.

As somebody who wanted the Pens to win in 08 and 09, I loved that ^this^ happened and was also bummed his shameless bandwagon hopping paid off the next year.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

DuhSal posted:

Captain Carey Price: Your mission is to proceed up the St. Lawrence River in a press boat. Pick up Mr. Bergevin's path at Rue Peel, follow it, and learn what you can along the way. When you find the GM, infiltrate his team by whatever means available and terminate the GM's command.
PK Subban: Terminate Bergevin?
Ken Dryden: He's out there operating without any decent restraint, totally beyond the pale of any acceptable human conduct. And he is still in the field making trades.
Radulov: Terminate with extreme prejudice.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Cody Goloubef had two two-way offers (Colorado and one other unnamed team) this season and turned both down so he could go to the Olympics. Pretty interesting decision.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
oilers let in a goal on the first shot again, lose 1-0

fire everyone

11th time in 57 games they've let in a goal on the first shot

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
dahlin, we're coming for you!! *chugs bud light*

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

A player for the pool of guys you didn't think were still in the league: Braydon Coburn

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
No. The Oilers have had enough first overall picks.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
I hope the Oilers win the lotto only for the NHL to institute anti-Oilers rules

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

A player for the pool of guys you didn't think were still in the league: Braydon Coburn

Cody Bass.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/Rob_Tychkowski/status/965017301522132992

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I thought yall loved the nhl getting rigged for the oilers draft

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Don’t think he’s played in the big time this year

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Brandon Mashinter got called up/sent down this week.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
wrong thread!

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Zodijackylite posted:

Brandon Mashinter got called up/sent down this week.

Mashinter? I just met her!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Ă¢Â€Â• Corey Dostoyevsky
eddie lack baby

• Locked thread