Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Rangers already admitted they're tanking so I dunno why they'd fire AV mid season. I'd think they'd wait until the off season to do that even if they already know they're gonna do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

I hope the Rangers end the season with like a 10 game win streak. :mad:

I can't wait to see the battle of the crumbling walls between Montreal and the Rags

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Way late to this but yeah while Lehtera sucks, Brayden Schenn was an enormous 5v5 liability in Philly. The trade was mainly to get some picks.

E: and it freed at least a little cap space up.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

Way late to this but yeah while Lehtera sucks, Brayden Schenn was an enormous 5v5 liability in Philly. The trade was mainly to get some picks.

E: and it freed at least a little cap space up.

And it freed up space for Patrick to play.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah, the Blues are far more in win-now mode than the Flyers are, so while it does suck to see him go, this was far more a big picture thing for the Flyers. Question now is how hurt Neuvirth is, and who Ron goes to get for a rental. I don't think an official diagnosis on Neuvy is out, but Hextall already shot down a deal for Mrazek so it can't be good. Outside of him the goalie rental market is pretty slim pickings.

E: Courier-Post lists Lehner, Chad Johnson, Pickard, Dell, and Bernier as options.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Charlie bringin' that truth

Charlie O'Connor posted:

Sure, Lyon had a strong game in relief of Neuvirth. It's also by far his best outing as an NHL player, and it still leaves him with an 0.895 save percentage across his four appearances. If the Flyers want to make the playoffs, they just cannot put the rest of the regular season in the hands of career 0.912 save percentage AHL goalie and Dustin Tokarski. Frankly, if Neuvirth misses extended time and the front office does not make a move, it's not due to some heartwarming faith in Lyon, but a dead giveaway that a playoff berth was an added bonus for 2017-18 and not a true organizational goal in Philadelphia.

I don't believe that is the case. I believe Hextall does want his club to make the postseason, and so I assume a move will be made, with the Flyers likely relinquishing a mid-round draft pick for a rental goalie option in the coming days. But that was a needed move even before Neuvirth's injury, and it will remain necessary if the Czech netminder wakes up on Monday morning and feels 100 percent. He reminded everyone in the organization on Sunday that trusting in his continued health is a fool's errand.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

triple post!

https://twitter.com/BuffaloSabres/status/965599590568398848

WHAT COULD IT MEAN???????

E: ....oh. :manning:

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/965602204353744897

DJExile fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 19, 2018

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm gonna bandwagon the gently caress out of VGK, especially if (sighs) the CBJ miss. Nashville would be fun so Fartsmell could have his Cup to go along with Kimmo's. :unsmith:

vegas/nashville wcf is a good possibility, one that will tear me into little bandwagon bits

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i can't believe milan lucic is only 29. i thought he was closer to 32 or 33.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

corn on the cop posted:

i can't believe milan lucic is only 29. i thought he was closer to 32 or 33.

Yeah. he and his contract are going to continue aging like a fine... bread.

What GM thinks "I know who I can pare with Connor McDavid, fastest skater in the NHL - a giant man who can barely skate and is already breaking down from his very physical style of play."
7 years, $6m

Better than Andrew Ladd but that's about it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, the same one who traded Tyler Seguin, so...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Yeah. he and his contract are going to continue aging like a fine... bread.

What GM thinks "I know who I can pare with Connor McDavid, fastest skater in the NHL - a giant man who can barely skate and is already breaking down from his very physical style of play."
7 years, $6m

Better than Andrew Ladd but that's about it.

Letting the dough age though improves the flavor! :eng101: Of course once it's baked, bit different.

(provided you don't let it go too long, natch)

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
woke up this morning, Rangers still bad

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Ginette Reno posted:

Rangers already admitted they're tanking so I dunno why they'd fire AV mid season. I'd think they'd wait until the off season to do that even if they already know they're gonna do it.

at this point they should not fire him because he is helping them lose, which is good

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Firing AV in Montreal is good because you just know bergevin would pick him up at the hotel

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Not having President's Day off sucks. On the plus side, I will happily watch the Caps while at work.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

a false posted:

at this point they should not fire him because he is helping them lose, which is good

100%, he's doing great, this tank is about two years overdue tbh

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Chad Sexington posted:

Not having President's Day off sucks. On the plus side, I will happily watch the Caps while at work.

I wonder how Flames fans feel about them playing at 2:00 local time on a Monday because of an American holiday.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thufir posted:

I wonder how Flames fans feel about them playing at 2:00 local time on a Monday because of an American holiday.

He said it's not that big a deal.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thufir posted:

excuse to get drunk early

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

iospace posted:

excuse to get drunk early

but enough about living in the prairies

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

DuhSal posted:

4.5 is still good!

I feel like there are a lot of cool teams that I wouldn't mind winning, but I don't have a very big true hate list to begin with. For me obv Leafs, then after that Vegas, Nashville, Tampa, Winnipeg, Calgary, Pittsburgh (mainly for the threepeat angle), San Jose... probably like half the teams in the playoffs lol. I guess just not LA, Boston or Anaheim mainly, even though if they win I don't care enough to be pissed tbh.

Being a fan of a team that was very good at missing the playoffs for many years, I built up a playoff safety team list which has consisted of Tampa, San Jose, and Washington from the start. Pittsburgh was on it until Columbus moved East and even then I wanted them to beat the Rangers in 2014 because of Nash, and I'm smitten with Vegas even though I've only seen a couple games.

Nashville could easily join the list this year because Scott Hartnell became one of my favorite players, plus PK is good people.

Thufir posted:

About as weird as American fans watching games on Canadian Thanksgiving. A 2pm Monday game was bizarre when the CBJ did it a few years ago.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Wamsutta posted:

100%, he's doing great, this tank is about two years overdue tbh

i've been stoked for the idea of tanking for years because having cool prospects is one of my favorite parts of hockey and we haven't had many for a long time

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

About as weird as American fans watching games on Canadian Thanksgiving. A 2pm Monday game was bizarre when the CBJ did it a few years ago.

Especially since Thanksgiving is on Sunday, god drat it.

I'll fight anyone who celebrates on Monday.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

Being a fan of a team that was very good at missing the playoffs for many years, I built up a playoff safety team list which has consisted of Tampa, San Jose, and Washington from the start. Pittsburgh was on it until Columbus moved East and even then I wanted them to beat the Rangers in 2014 because of Nash, and I'm smitten with Vegas even though I've only seen a couple games.

Nashville could easily join the list this year because Scott Hartnell became one of my favorite players, plus PK is good people.

As a fan of a team that has been very good at losing early in the playoffs, the process is much simpler. Go not-Penguins and not-Rangers!

Since the Devils are No 1a in my heart though, it's a virtually certainty that Pittsburgh is going to break my heart one way or another.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/ByScottPowers/status/965640159344685056

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Kempny never seemed to stay in Q's good graces (if only he got the leash TvR and Oesterle got...), but he is a decent player who will drive possession. One of the better blue liners on the Hawks this year, although that's not saying much.

e: Mark Lazerus reports the return is a third round pick. Fair value for a bottom pairing guy they have no intention of re-signing, I think.

Ummagumma fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Feb 19, 2018

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Western conference bandwagon darling makes SCF only to get destroyed by the pens is a narrative I can get behind

Sharks? Check
Preds? Check
VGK? Yes pls

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Western conference bandwagon darling makes SCF only to get destroyed by the pens is a narrative I can get behind

Sharks? Check
Preds? Check
VGK? Yes pls

I said it once and I’ll say it again: Vegas in 6, Fleury shuts out Penguins in Pittsburgh because Pens never win the cup on Home ice.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Penguins sweep Vegas because he turns into 2012 Flyers series MAF.

Do not question things. Our agents are in place. Orpik, Kunitz, Fleury. Accept the threepeat.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Players might be turning on the coaches in NY though, depending on who and how that shakes out may mean removing coaches sooner than later

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/tsnbobmckenzie/status/965656037138182144

Benning gettin right to it

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
just kill me

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

He's an LD right? Why do I feel like he's going to bench Djoos now and still give Orpik 20 minutes a night?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

The next 3 years are going to suck

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Levitate posted:

Players might be turning on the coaches in NY though, depending on who and how that shakes out may mean removing coaches sooner than later

They're all rookies it about to be traded. Or maybe Hayes and Miller really hate him.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Chad Sexington posted:

He's an LD right? Why do I feel like he's going to bench Djoos now and still give Orpik 20 minutes a night?

It’d be like the Shattenkirk trade all over again where they sat Schmidt instead of the dudes Shattenkirk was actually better than (Orpik and Alzner). So I echo your feeling.

Also there is some speculation the Capitals are going to make another move before the deadline.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I am predicting:
4.5m for 4
or 4.2m for 5

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Season saved HAS

Deslauriers resigned for 2 years 950k aav

Phew I am so glad Bergevin is concentrating on what's important!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

stab posted:

Phew I am so glad Bergevin is concentrating on what's important!!!!!

Well, he can't fire himself.

• Locked thread