Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Duckman2008 posted:

I mean, I’m happy to see the Pens lose, but why the gently caress would they put Reeves with Crosby?

Carter Rawney isn't really played in 5v5 situations so they just toss Sid or Geno between whatever is on the 4th line right now. Unfortunately, the Pens went 3 games without Reaves in the lineup and the 4th line all of a sudden stopped getting caved in quite so much, but now Sheary and Hornquist are out soooooo back in he goes :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

grack posted:

When's the last time a mid-season starting goaltender trade worked out?

Come on down.....Ron Tugnutt?

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

We'd need to also find some 3c/4c first tbh (come home Cullen) because gently caress if I wanna go into the playoffs with Sheahan/Rowney as the bottom six center depth

I was eyeing up David Desharnais for that to be honest. 1 million expiring contract Rags can retain 50%. Adds some depth in the 3c/4c area and pushes Reaves even further from the roster. Grabner could work out as well if you shove him onto that 4th line. JT Miller probably costs too much to get and then how do you re-sign him along with some of the other UFA/RFAs coming up? Granted cap is going up, but something worth considering.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

yellowcar posted:

Therrien decends

DAN BYLSMA COME ON DOWN!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Slappy Pappy posted:

If Capitals keep playing dumbass man to man defense they will be lucky to make the playoffs. The Metro is tightening up. They look outmatched too often and they only have 11 home games left. I still feel like they’ll make some adjustments and improve but as of right now their coaches and scheme are their second biggest problem. Biggest issue is constant fumblepuck by Niskanen, Orpik and Bowey. People like to scapegoat Orpik - he deserves it to an extent but Niskanen has been the one making horrible turnovers the past few games.

Not that I've watched a ton of Caps hockey this season, but in the few that I've caught here and there Niskanen seems to be starting to age a bit which might be a problem since there's still 3 years to go on that deal and it doesn't seem like the Caps are in a decent position to start mixing in younger guys to take a bigger role away from Orpik/Niskanen.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Playoff races looking fun. The Western Conference has 4 teams that could make that last WC spot and the Pacific is still a toss up and the East is Tampa, Boston, and Toronto......plus anyone in the Metro. SOMEONE MAKE A FREAKING MOVE ALREADY!!!!!!!! Pens have stabilized somewhat, unfortunately they've had Reaves in the line up the last few games because of injuries I guess. If they could pick another depth piece or two to displace him from the lineup that would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Chad Sexington posted:

Peaking early is for noobs.

A Caps fan would know since it's all they do :smug:

• Locked thread