Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'm not a fan of this Demolition Man remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

fits posted:

i cant believe its 2018 and someone cared about taylor chorney enough to grab him on waivers

It's probably for AHL depth. Old Man (Andre) Benoit was so bad this year that they literally just gave him to another team.

e: "The Blue Jackets also announced Monday that the team loaned defenseman Andre Benoit to the AHL’s Bridgeport Sound Tigers for the remainder of the season."

Hockles fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 21, 2018

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

fits posted:

but wouldnt he have to uh. clear waivers to go to the ahl in the first place. or does that not count when you claim someone

You may be right, but I don't know exactly how waivers with regards to minors works.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

CBJSprague24 posted:

Nathan Gerbe is apparently getting called up to Columbus, which would put them at over 23 players, so...something else coming? He's at almost a PPG pace in Cleveland, by the way.

Yeah, he would fit nicely in CBJ. He reminds me of Werenski in the fact that he is head-and-shoulders above everybody else on the ice when he is out there.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

DJExile posted:

Nathan Gerbe isn't head and shoulders above anybody

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

CBJSprague24 posted:

More number fun- Ian Cole had chosen #26 for Columbus until he found out Thomas Vanek had been acquired, at which point he gave Vanek 26. Cole was then given the choice of 23 and 25 and chose the former.

Here is some related fun jersey business from down on the farm. Joe Pendenza wore #3 last season. This year he started out with #37, which was Hannikainen's number when he was in Cleveland. Which was fine, since Hannikainen was in the NHL. A couple games into this season, Hannikainen gets sent down to Cleveland but whoops Pendenza has his number, so Hannikainen wears #11 instead. So, in January or sometime Pendenza switches to #22, which I thought was Hannikainen can have his #37 when he is in Cleveland since he was back and forth for a while. Then, a game after that, Milano gets sent down to Cleveland but whoops Pendenza has his number, so he wears #23 instead. Hannikainen never switched to #37, so he is still wearing #11 and Milano is wearing #23. Weird.

Also, in November, Korpisalo got sent down to get some work, and for seemingly no reason he wore #33 instead of #70. He wore #33 for a few games in January as well, and then switched back to #70.

:iiam:

• Locked thread