Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

It's gonna either be the Seattle Totems, if they wanna play it safe, or the Cthulhus if they wanna chase the meme money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Benning signing is fine. Canucks have endured worse.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Is it too early to start talking about potential colours for the Seattle Whatchamacallits? The intuitive choice is the cascadian colours, but that's already done by Vancouver. My vote goes to green and yellow.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

bewbies posted:

I sure don't like Reddit, but I do like the NHL. I think I will go and play in a variety of streams this afternoon

Better yet, I heard if you don't like Reddit and like the NHL, you really want to underscore the games.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

a false posted:

because i hate myself, i went back in every team's history to find their most recent draftee to score 70 points for them (ie, not after being traded to another team; and not a player acquired via trade/free agency). i wanted to see if anyone could have possibly done worse than the rangers in this category. years are draft years. let's find out!

ATLANTIC:

Montreal Canadiens - Tomas Plekanec (2001)
Ottawa Senators - Erik Karlsson (2008)
Boston Bruins - David Pastrnak (2014)
Toronto Maple Leafs - Nikolai Borschevsky (1992) (Auston Matthews will surely eclipse this very soon, and Marner and Nylander very well may also)
Tampa Bay Lightning - Nikita Kucherov (2011)
Florida Panthers - have never had a draftee score 70 points for them since their first year in 1993, but Trochek, Barkov, and Huberdeau all have a good shot this year.
Detroit Red Wings - Henrik Zetterberg (1999)
Buffalo Sabres - Thomas Vanek (2003)

METROPOLITAN:

Washington Capitals - Evgeny Kuznetsov (2010)
Pittsburgh Penguins - Sidney Crosby (2005)
Columbus Blue Jackets - Ryan Johansen (2010)
New York Rangers - Tony Amonte (1988)
New York Islanders - John Tavares (2009) (Mat Barzal is only 4 points away from eclipsing this)
Philadelphia Flyers - Claude Giroux (2006)
Carolina Hurricanes - Eric Staal (2003)
New Jersey Devils - Zach Parise (2003)

CENTRAL:

Nashville Predators - never happened for them since their formation in 1997
Winnipeg Jets - Mark Scheifele (2011)
Minnesota Wild - Mikko Koivu (2001)
Dallas Stars - Jamie Benn (2007)
St. Louis Blues - Vladimir Tarasenko (2010)
Colorado Avalanche - Matt Duchene (2009) (Nathan MacKinnon is about to eclipse that)
Chicago Blackhawks - Patrick Kane (2007)

PACIFIC:

Vegas Golden Knights - N/A (obviously)
San Jose Sharks - Joe Pavelski (2003)
Anaheim Ducks - Bobby Ryan (2005)
Calgary Flames - Johnny Gaudreau (2011)
Los Angeles Kings - Anze Kopitar (2005)
Edmonton Oilers - Connor McDavid (2015)
Vancouver Canucks - Ryan Kesler (2003)
Arizona Coyotes - Shane Doan (1995)

well there you have it. no one sucks at drafting and retaining elite talent quite like the new york rangers! what's cool is that while a bunch of the other teams on here that haven't done this in a significant amount of time have players currently that should have a good chance very soon (larkin on detroit, keller on arizona, some others mentioned above), the next player who seems like standing any type of chance for the rangers (filip chytil) is completely up in the air and at least a few years from there even if it does happen!

nashville, by the way, is a weird outlier in all of this. i could see arvidsson or fiala getting there for them but their entire franchise history has produced very few 70 point players by any means of acquisition and yet they've often been good and never quite terrible

:golfclap:

Boeser needs 18 points in 23 games, it's doable.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Feb 28, 2018

• Locked thread