Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Biznasty and Jason Williams played in the EIHL for a couple years. I think there have been a couple other random NHLers and a few punchmen who have wound up there for a bit only to come back to the US.

Isn't the EIHL the league that Theo Fleury played in? And got suspended from for punching a ref?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

A Typical Goon posted:

Niku is dominating the AHL as a 21 year old defensemen and Vesalainen is leading his Liiga team in scoring as an 18 year old. The Jets top 3 prospects are all really good, but it’s a Button list so who cares

Stanley over Niku? What the gently caress

Also Phillipe Myers over Niku on the main list. They're the same age playing in the same league. Niku is third in D scoring. Myers is nowhere near the top 20. Why is Myers ranked higher? Does he have intangibles?

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

eXXon posted:

This reads like it was written by a teenager - lol.

Laine confirmed that he didn't write it and hasn't read it. He did an interview and then someone wrote that.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

I'm very excited for Scheif to be back and also to see what Petan and Dano can do in an offensive role.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
India does have an ice hockey team too.

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/101east/2016/03/thin-ice-india-national-ice-hockey-team-160302074917460.html

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

corn on the cop posted:

The attendance figures suggest the fanbase is overwhelmingly tuning out

I'm kind of glad that Ottawa and Montreal are both bottoming out. It'll make it a lot cheaper to see the Jets when they come in April.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

i am the bird posted:

Still looking for confirmation that he tried to trade Nyquist to Winnipeg, though. Detroit could probably unload him at the draft.

Not sure why Winnipeg would want Nyquist. They aren't short on wingers. Chevy also said that as soon as he heard that Stastny was available a couple of days ago he dropped everything and focused on that. Sounds like the teams finalized the deal last night and then asked Statsny. I guess he thought about it overnight and decided to waive his ntc.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah Wheeler seemed super pumped to get Stastny. I'm assuming any rumor involving the Jets is leaked by the other team in order to drive up prices. The Jets don't leak anything. Talking about Stastny, Chevy seemed to indicate that they are particularly tight lipped about players with NTC or NMC. Seemed like he was saying they don't like to make it public that a player is the one to stop a trade because that could leave them open to criticism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Stastny is wearing number 25 for the Jets as a homage to Thomas Steen, on Alex Steen's suggestion. Wheeler wears 26.

• Locked thread