Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

A Typical Goon posted:

I’ve literally never heard of like 5 of these guys and I think I follow hockey fairly closely
Relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR-bsTkkXVY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Seattle wants to scare opponents off the bat obvs.

Seattle Cost of Living.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Sigh. Why can't everyone be bad?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Gah.

Existential crisis. Crawford won 1.5 Stanley Cups, but I don't like him, he's overpaid and has a bad face. His face is bad. I hate his face.

But every single loving backup from this era has left to other teams.

Niemi was a great savior but is a total goddamned bust.

Raanta was okay but is kinda fun to watch on the Yotes.

Darling was a sweetheart Cinderella story but has shat the bed with the Canes.

Now I have Forsberg and Glass standing in front of me, and while both look competent neither is making my heart flutter.

I loved Nabby and Kahby during the invisible years. Much as I loved Belfour I wore a Jimmy Waite jersey. I'm sad we couldn't do anything with Hasek. Hackett was serviceable. Leighton and Munro were forgettable. We even had Craig Anderson for fucks sake.

I'm at a loss as to how to either root for or jeer the current Hawks goaltending depth and ability.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HootTheOwl posted:

Yes.
When the hawks were good and dominant after 2013 it turned Ray Emery, Antti Raanta, and Scott Darling into starters, the later two played their way into positions on other teams because the team kept winning while Crawford was hurt. It created a meme in Chicago that Crawford's 6x6 contract was something we could dump because cap hell. This season has proved how instrumental he was to Chicago's success because you'll notice they've gone from bubble team in the central meat-grinder to fallin' for Dahlin since he stopped playing.

Dang it. Alright, Crawford is the best. That the Hawks have had since Belfour.

Still hate his face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lessail posted:

https://twitter.com/reviewjournal/status/968999400411312129

yikes that's not good. glad 2 have a scapegoat now

It's strange, Don Cherry was singing praises about Vegas signing Reeves, a "tough guy", meaning Vegas was "ready to play".

I've had immediate disagreements with Don, but none as fast as this one.

• Locked thread