Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

grack posted:

Well yeah, that should've been holding but you can't push the goaltender in to the net when he's covering the puck.

Also, Oilers goals should never count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Stupid superbowl...I want to watch hockey!

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

grack posted:

Jesus christ, Dallas

edit:

Jesus poo poo-loving goddamn christ, Dallas

Hey, if they're going to score goals at this stage of this season, I'd rather they bunch them up into the odd blow-out win. Also, anything that enhances Gudbransons trade value.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

iospace posted:

Also true.

It was interesting listening to the oilers radio. They're as confused as to everyone else as to why the home PK sucks, among other things.

I think teams just have too much fun making them look bad at home, so they put some extra effort into it? I mean, who doesn't want to laugh at the Oilers?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

ThinkTank posted:

Is there a player more befitting the Jim Benning era Canucks than Nic Dowd? Traded for a player people would've actually paid to see, he wound up playing 17 minutes a night for a stretch despite having 1 point in 23 games because of his apparent good attitude. He is a UFA at the end of the year and almost certainly will not be re-signed. What a guy.

Given that both Sutter and Horvat was out, he was a face-off stop gap measure that didn't cost an awful lot. Subbans only real value was his name, so getting Dowd was probably about right.
Now, Eriksson OTOH....

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

As long as they're re-signing him as a dish washer, I"m cool with it.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Canucks give up 5 PP goals..and we've reached the time of the season where the Sedins no longer give a gently caress.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Gunjin posted:

He has the gritty leadership they crave.

Then why didn't they take Gudbranson????

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

bewbies posted:

my take: it is infuriating, especially in the playoffs

further take: quasi legal streams are of significantly higher quality than NHL-backed ones nowadays

This infuriates me. Why does my 'friend' get better quality reddit stream than I do on my paid-up NHL stream?. It's supposedly the same feed?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Is this real?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

And it was whilst killing a penalty as well. There was no one near and he had no reason to even be near the goal. Meanwhile Ben Hutton is still sitting in he press box.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

ThinkTank posted:

Following the deadline a reporter asked Benning if this team (one that is about to finish bottom 4 for the 3rd straight year) needed some sort of shakeup. His answer was no.

I'm still hopping mad...mostly at the Gudbranson contract, but the Vanek 'trade' was what made me boil over.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

nature6pk posted:

Why would you be mad Clearly Trev "Towel Fluffer" Dog is happy with the direction the team is taking, and the Aqua Man isn't stressed at all. Just lay back and enjoy the ride. Don't forget, you're here forever.

Right now, I would bandwagon Seattle Microsofters without hesitation.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

At least they're tanking properly today.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I dont get why he didn't get benched after that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

goldrush posted:

but Canucks young forwards are cool and good

Well, one of them is.

• Locked thread