Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Hey gang just cruising by to say

Fire AV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

is AV still coach of the rangers?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Thanks.

Fire AV

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Fire AV meme aside the Rangers season's a wrap so why not keep AV until the off season, I'm down for tanking and a fire sale tbh

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Go the Bruins

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Rangers are hot garbage, good thing it looks like the players are all in on the tank now tho

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

loving savagery

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Do it.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

there's the fire sale announcement

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Slappy Pappy posted:

I think it's just Zodijacky spamming the button.

Gonna text him this because it owns lmao

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I agree with that, the tone I get is that ANYONE is available.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

That's a surprisingly blatant throwing of one specific dude under the bus, jeez

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Matt Zerella posted:

Miller is also a hometown guy in Pitt too right?

I don't think metro trades are out of the question for a team that knows their window is shut and need to bide their time while the division superstars get older.

Yeah. And Rangers/Pens trades have happened before, it's not unprecedented.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Chad Sexington posted:

Why write that kind of letter though unless they are planning a Scary Trade?

Trading McDonagh and Zucc and Nash is pretty loving gnarly by anyone's standards. Even 2 of the 3. That letter doesn't necessarily mean Hank's on his way out.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

May just be sitting him to ensure he doesn’t get a real injury enforce being traded.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Rangers can’t even fuckin tank right ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Somebody, please. Do a trade. Thanks.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I'd laugh forever if the Rangers put out that stupid letter and then trade literally nobody, or maybe just unload some random goober AHLers and call it good

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

CBJSprague24 posted:

Or if they make the playoffs somehow. That would be gold given the warning letter.

That's looking alarmingly possible

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

OldSenileGuy posted:

I also liked Seattle Kraken, but only if it’s singular. Krakens is no good.

Same. And the arena needs to have a deal with Kraken Rum. And they can do a Game of Thrones tie-in for the Greyjoys. BRANDING!

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

a false posted:

at this point they should not fire him because he is helping them lose, which is good

100%, he's doing great, this tank is about two years overdue tbh

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Someone do something, preferably the Rangers, trade everyone, tank hard AF

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Torts has always been a stellar dude away from hockey, from all accounts. Between things like his relationship with Liam (who appeared in the NHL 24/7 around the NYR/PHI winter classic I believe) and all of the work he does to help dogs and dog charities, I'm not mad at him for a second. I was just glad when he wasn't the coach of my favorite hockey team anymore.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Zodijackylite posted:

Grinding Torts was born out of necessity in the days when he took over a team which featured Donald Brashear, Jody Shelley, Brandon Prust, Aaron Voros, Brian Boyle before he was good, and top six forward Sean Avery.

Trigger Warning: 2009-2011 New York Rangers

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Yep. Until Melnyk is gone the Sens are not a real franchise.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

corn on the cop posted:

The attendance figures suggest the fanbase is overwhelmingly tuning out

That'll change with quickness if his cheap rear end deals Karlsson to save money.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

DJExile posted:

Someone edit the Mr Sparkle ad to make the subtitles say "I AM DISRESPECTFUL TO DORION! CAN YOU SEE I AM SERIOUS?"

Legitimately lol at this

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Congrats on the cup, Tampa

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Eric the Mauve posted:

It's gonna be hilarious when the ECF is like Bruins-Devils

That's the hockey equivalent of being in a public restroom one stall away from a morbidly obese man with mudbutt

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Matt Zerella posted:

Why do we give a poo poo when rebuilding? Or is it just snark time?

Yeah the Rangers are settling down for a nice few seasons of lottery goodness, getting worse is part of the plan

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Jovial Cow posted:

Brady Skjei and Marc Staal will save us!

lmao I forgot we still have Marc Staal

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

How many wins do the Rangers get the rest of this season? I'm setting over/under at 5 and taking the under!

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

a false posted:

i would be very happy if it were Zero

Big Time samesies buddy

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

a false posted:

because it's the rangers, i fully expect the rangers to believe themselves to be fully restocked for the future after the draft and to go after every possible free agent so get ready for a top line of kovalchuk - tavares - zuccarello and no defense whatsoever

If Sather was still doing things all by himself then I'd see this as likely but I'm believing SUPER HARD that there's a coherent long game in place here and they're not going to call it a 'retool on the fly' and try to go for it in 2018/2019

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Thufir posted:

Abolish the draft, abolish entry-level contract limits and restricted free agency, keep the hard cap and contract number limits, let chaos reign.

Sieze the means of (goal) production

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

And stupid good old boys culture stuff. Yak wasn't Canadian and also made the mistake of celebrating a goal one time. TOXIC

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Rangers absolute trash history with the draft was one way I made myself feel better about trading away so many picks the last three seasons in the name of 'goin for it!' like, wtf would they have done with them anyway, right? Right?? :toot:

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

ThinkTank posted:

I bet McDavid feels great after he got publicly shamed into taking less money so the Oilers could be competitive :lol:

I will never forget the pic of him when Edmonton won the 1OA pick and he looked like a guy who had seen a video from the future of his own death

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

ThinkTank's list is a good one, we have had some W's in the draft, but I have never watched a Rangers team in my famdom (got into hockey in 07ish) wherein they had undeniable elite 1st line talent, like, players the rest of the league would kill to get. It's just this never ending cast of 2nd and 3rd liners being asked to overachieve. Under Torts, they did that. Under AV? Not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Otis Reddit posted:

I don't believe we'll ever get a real 18 year old stud franchise player.

That's kind of how I feel too. Not every franchise gets one, honestly, but drat it's been so long playing with B-tier guys that it would feel surreal to have a legit star.

• Locked thread