Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
loving FIRE BERGEVIN ALREADY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Eller starts displaying concussion symptons and he doesn't know why

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Rotten Cookies posted:

EVERYTHING
MUUUUSTTT
GOOOOOOO

WE'RE HAVING A FIRE SALE THAT'S RIGHT A FIRE SALE YOU WANT A LUNDQVIST YOU'VE GOT IT YOU WANT A MCDONAGH CONSIDER IT MCDONE

NO REASONABLE OFFERS REFUSED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I40HfH1UiXo

Edit goddammit iospace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyLBXYqt3nM

stab
Feb 12, 2003

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I was eyeing up David Desharnais for that to be honest. 1 million expiring contract Rags can retain 50%. Adds some depth in the 3c/4c area and pushes Reaves even further from the roster. Grabner could work out as well if you shove him onto that 4th line. JT Miller probably costs too much to get and then how do you re-sign him along with some of the other UFA/RFAs coming up? Granted cap is going up, but something worth considering.

Oh ho ho if you think DD has any value for a playoff run

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

If you sneeze on him he falls over.

Ahh good to see the Rags are getting the full DD Experience

stab
Feb 12, 2003

FIRE BERGEVIN JESUS loving CHRIST

stab
Feb 12, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If you played the NHL game where he played with the Sens, that's probably why. He was a monster in those games because his backhand was deadly.

Video games have fooled me into thinking a guy was really good more than once

And shawn chambers was the worst hockey player ever according to my video gaming youth iirc

stab
Feb 12, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There was a dude who played for San Jose named Rob Gaudreau who those games decided was a Neely level sniper, some weird poo poo. I guess they figured fans of the team had to depend on SOMEBODY for goals.

Mike Strahan once used his awful rating on his first Madden appearance (39) to motivate himself to get better. Had a pretty drat good career.

To be fair Gaudreau did score at a .75ppg his rookie year

Chambers had a rating of 1

ONE

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Buffalo would have to be pants on head stupid to trade Risto

Like the habs wouldn't dare trade Sub.....oh

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Suspicious posted:

Goldblum's gonna trade Patches and Pleks for a bucket of pucks, won't he? :sigh:

Well tbf Pleks if pretty much worth a bucket of pucks at this point

stab
Feb 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/963598290712481793

stab
Feb 12, 2003

grack posted:

gently caress yes, let's get another middle-of-a-game trade.

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/963599734698061825

Wish granted!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Ottawa's only saving about a million on those trades.

Thats a million smackeroos! Make the deal

***Is Eugene Melynk***

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

OTT apparently saves 4 mil in real money. So there it is.

Ding ding ding dollar store eugene strikes again

Edit He really is the villainous owner from Major League isnt he

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Levitate posted:

hey melnyk I bet you can save even more money by just not owning a hockey team have you ever thought of that?

gently caress JEFFREY LORIA

well not the same guy but hes acting a lot like that gently caress

They even look alike too :spooky:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

I'm so sorry CAS

stab
Feb 12, 2003

I'll lol if Seattle picks the team name they won the cup with and hang the banners like the history is attached like the loving Senators

Millionaires right?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Schlesische posted:

Metropolitans.

Even funnier theyre gonna be named after a drink

stab
Feb 12, 2003

yellowcar posted:

Rene Bourque scored more goals in this Olympics than Crosby did in Sochi lol

Just a reminder of one of the wtf moments of the Habs last good playoff run (gently caress CHRIS KREIDER)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTuRVA6Yk-I

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Season saved HAS

Deslauriers resigned for 2 years 950k aav

Phew I am so glad Bergevin is concentrating on what's important!!!!!

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Post reserved for when Bergevin fucks something up so I can scream Fire Bergevin

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Thufir posted:

Shea Weber is out for the year

Cool

Good

Sure why not

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Thufir posted:

Carey Price is hotbrained

Cool

Sure

Ok good why not

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

Wait, kessel and who?

Oleksiak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Kale posted:

So how many times have the Habs been totally shut out this season? I feel like it has to be at least 10 times. This teams just never going to be able to score, it's so loving pathetic for an NHL team. I think Buffalo will probably end up overtaking the Habs in Goals For by the end of the season but Arizona's franchise long shittiness will keep them out of dead last for that category. For how dreadful the Coyotes continue to be they are still only less than 10 goals back on the Habs and had no problem scoring 5 against them.

Also with Plekanec gone that's now only Price remaining from the team build when I first started following the modern Price era of the Habs. Don't think I'm going to be following them quiet so closely for the remainder of the decade now if not longer. Without the dynamic energy of PK and just nobody to be particularly excited about outside of Gallagher who I feel will somehow get traded for mediocrity in the off season, they just aren't the fun team to watch anymore that despite always having trouble scoring and not being anything particularly special on paper throughout the 2010's, still found ways to win, compete (for at least 2 periods) and conjure up unlikely results season after season going back to when Halak stole those Washington and Penguins playoffs series and got me back on the active hockey and Habs wagon. It's really not any particular players fault, it's Bergevin's for trading away everything that made the team viable up until 2016 for his hair brained gritty team scheme that to nobody's surprise hasn't panned out in the slightest.

gently caress Bergevin again so hard for saying things like the "answer is in the room" and always blaming players for not being able to develop well with the team while never seeming to accept any responsibility for having poo poo sense on how to build a competitive NHL so much as dismantle one and consistently kill and stifle high level draft picks confidence and potential. Yes the answer WAS usually in the room during the tough stretches they'd always seem to run into in November and February until 2016.....when he loving traded it or let it walk away.....

I feel like Molson somehow needs to go for allowing this culture of stifling players personalities or trading away ones that refuse to conform to Bergevin's stupid standards for the roster and having to have only French speaking management. Like it's not directly his fault I feel, but if he's not going to do anything to change that aspect of the club culture that is clearly capping the franchises potential to compete in todays NHL than he needs to go and sell the team to someone that will. Like I've really thought about it but it's all crystal clear at this point more than the need to do something about Martin and Therrien who I now think weren't really the problems in their bad seasons.

You're close.

They've been shut out 9 times this year.

Fire bergevin so loving hard into the sun with one of those SpaceX rockets

• Locked thread