Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
did not expect to see carter hutton's face anywhere near any leaderboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZQtVkWBzRo

Things I learned:
- There’s something called the Elite Ice Hockey League
- its head of DOPS is an affable British gent
- assaulting a fan gets you suspended in the EIHL, but not that suspended

are they not allowed to drip the gloves in this crazy league? nothing about this makes any sense

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Jovial Cow posted:

Can someone please devils advocate this for me? I’m astonished there was no penalty for that hit on Stall nor a suspension.

What's the illegal play? He didn't leave his feet, didn't go high, didn't use an elbow or knee. Staal put himself in a really bad spot by trying to back out of the hit, there's a reason players are taught to get up against the boards and take hits with the shoulder.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
just noticed that sergachev is currently outscoring drouin

lol

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

i am the bird posted:

I listened to Doug Maclean’s spot on the new Marek/Friedman podcast and Maclean said that Detroit was at one point discussing a three-way trade for Fedorov, Forsberg, and Lindros. It was unclear exactly what he meant because he said Forsberg would’ve come to Detroit and Fedorov would’ve gone to Quebec, which leaves Lindros to... stay in Philly?

Anyway, I’ve never heard any of that rumor before but add it to the pile of potential Lindros deals from back in the day, I guess. What a weird time.

Lindros was property of the nords but refused to play in sunny quebec; he was traded to philly for a stupid amount of stuff including forsberg.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm reading some about this guy Bobby Orr and apparently by ~1975 or so he couldn't...skate backwards? Can anyone source/expand on this?

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
first, alex burrows is still getting paid to play hockey?

second, what the hell was with that tantrum?

edit - ahh i see he was upset because he got trucked like a bitch

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
did the rangers think they were going to be good this year? i don't really get why they signed a one dimensional defenseman to a huge deal

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
So I was reading about Tiger Williams raping someone and one of those targeted ads came up with this scrapbook of the 66-67 Oklahoma City Blazers that some guy is wanting way too much money for.

In looking at the pics of said scrapbook, I thought I saw a handful of signatures of relatively prominent people. So, I looked up the team. This surely is the most hall of fame and prominent hockey person laden minor pro team ever right? The goalies lol

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I sure don't like Reddit, but I do like the NHL. I think I will go and play in a variety of streams this afternoon

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Mrenda posted:

The blackout thing might be an issue, but I'll get over it with replays.

my take: it is infuriating, especially in the playoffs

further take: quasi legal streams are of significantly higher quality than NHL-backed ones nowadays

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Thufir posted:

Keep the cap and it would be fine, plus it's the right thing to do.

you do not understand - sports cannot exist without a draft

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
blues definitely might miss the playoffs

this is not a thing i thought was a possibility in october

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
the thing i'm going to really miss about the blues being out of the playoffs isn't so much the missing the playoffs, it is not being able to develop a seething hatred of some other city and its fan base

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
teams should be able to trade lottery balls

• Locked thread