Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Evander Kane and Robin Lehner for Lundqvist, do it. DO IT NOW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

JawKnee posted:

why not just get miller back lol

Miller is happy with his wife and little baby boy in Anaheim, there was an article about it in the Buffalo News the other day.

Anyway, that trade would be terrible because Lundqvist is like 45 or whatever. We could get better assets for Kane/Lehner/whoever.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Eichel got hurt during tonight's game :ohdear: I hope he is okay

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

They'll probably trade Kane but O'Reilly is a stretch and there's no chance at all they will trade Risto. I hope they get rid of Lehner though I seriously hate that guy. He's easy to trick and not very athletic; when he gets out of position he always has trouble getting back and gives up tons of goals that way. He's mediocre at best and the Sabres need to fix their dismal defense and goaltending situation if they ever want to actually compete.

Edit: I'm supper bummed about Eichel's ankle sprain. Once he got going this season he was just unreal. And I've been actually watching their games lately too, now they're gonna be way less fun.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 11, 2018

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I don't understand keeping Lehner at all. Then again it's not like they have any goaltending prospects I'm aware of.

You're probably right about Risto, but apparently people have been sniffing around for Gorges. I guess if you've got cap space or bad D he'd be an upgrade but it seems like a less than stellar move. I could see Pominville being gone. Why do you think O'Reilly stays? Relative youth and decent production?

O'Reilly has great chemistry with the other players, is pretty consistent with his production, and is their best face off guy. I consider him part of the core of the team and would be shocked if they decided to ditch him, unless the return were stellar.

I've never thought Gorges was very good and recently I've noticed his mistakes a lot more often. Pominville is a cool dude but he isn't worth anything so I doubt anyone is going to go through the trouble of trying to get him specifically. Plus the team made a big deal about bringing him back and Buffalo loves him. I guess they could throw him in as a second piece in a trade but again I doubt that would appeal to anyone.

Linus Ulmark is in goal for the Amerks and he has been pretty good when they have called him up. I think he is gonna be good once he has enough experience. That's it for goalies though. Idk maybe if the Sabres dump Lehner and play Ulmark full time and then get Casey Mittelstadt and Brendan Guhle up full time they might be better next season???

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Sabres, team 30 of 31, beat the Lightning, team 1 of 31, in Regulation and never trailed for a second the whole game. And they looked really good while doing it.

Look I know Tampa was playing the second game of a back-to-back on the road and had their backup goalie in but let me savor this victory ok???

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Aphrodite posted:

They also beat Boston, team 2 of 31, a few days ago with the same circumstances.

Boston had Rask in goal which made that victory even sweeter

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Go for something abstract, like the Seattle Eruption

The Seattle Gloom
The Seattle Cost of Living

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

This warms my cold, dead heart.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Habibi posted:

Meanwhile, PK Subban is 5th in points and 1st in goals among all defensemen.

I loved that trade. It was a great trade. Subban :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

N: Team #30, the Sabres, once again humiliated the Bruins, Team #6, this time 4-1.

V: gently caress the Bruins, the Sabres can lose every other game as long as they beat the Bruins (and maybe the Maple Leafs)

• Locked thread