Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

HootTheOwl posted:

Saad. Again.

Yea, that's pretty much the only hefty contract on the team without a no move clause. Murphy, too, I suppose. I think it'd be wrong to move either, though, given their ages and production (Murphy's been good this year, and this is the only real bad year Saad has ever had).

If another team really wanted Anisimov, the Hawks could ask him to waive his NMC. That said, I think Anisimov's NMC becomes a partial no-trade clause over the summer, so it might be easier to jettison him then if that's the direction they want to go.

I think the Hawks are more likely to offload some of their cheaper players like Bouma, Wingels, and Kempny for whatever low draft picks they can get, if they do anything at all at the deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
The Jeff Glass era has come to an end in Chicago, as the Hawks just put him on waivers.

It was nice to see him get his first NHL start and win, but that was about as good as it got as he was clearly out of his depth. That said, I doubt calling up Berube is going to lead to much better results.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Jordan7hm posted:

Dido was the waiver pickup where Ottawa and Tampa claimed each other’s players.

I don’t think Pokke is good either but maybe I’m wrong.

Pokka was what the Hawks got in return for Nick Leddy (who they dealt because of cap issues) in 2014. He never dressed a game for the Blackhawks, not even this year, when they've called up a bunch of players to try and fix a leaky defense.

So yea Pokka is probably really bad. And uh, needless to say that the Leddy trade was not one of Bowman's finest hours.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Kempny never seemed to stay in Q's good graces (if only he got the leash TvR and Oesterle got...), but he is a decent player who will drive possession. One of the better blue liners on the Hawks this year, although that's not saying much.

e: Mark Lazerus reports the return is a third round pick. Fair value for a bottom pairing guy they have no intention of re-signing, I think.

Ummagumma fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Feb 19, 2018

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Who the gently caress is wingels

Pretty run of the 4th liner, decent penalty killer. He won't hurt you so long as you don't ask him to do too much. Hawks fans have an out-sized love for him because he's from the Chicagoland area, but he's just a guy.

• Locked thread