Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

yellowcar posted:

The Seattle Amazons brought to you by Google

The Seattle Prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

Brandon Sutter is 34 and an Alternate Captain on the 2022-23 Canucks.

Oh my.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Watching this clip always fills me with the exact same excitement I felt watching it unfold live.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

e: 1990 fuckin owned. Here is Don Koharski just writing some notes calmly while a brawl happens behind him:

"B A N A N N A S _ _ I _- Come on, Don, you got this..."

Mage_Boy posted:

It all started from a fluke injury in a game at WBS last year that I'm not sure fully healed before that injury. I watched him get helped off the ice in that game and it didn't look good, then after he started practicing again the tear happened.

Eh, a meniscal tear isn't really something that would happen as the consequence of a different injury, though. It's mostly a freak occurrence where your meniscus gets caught between the heads of the leg bones as they rotate in opposite directions.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

An "Aww" story about born-again (figuratively) Torts and a kid with cerebral palsy he's been friends with since coaching the NYR:

Jesus Christ. :stonk:

https://theathletic.com/248382/2018/02/21/on-blue-jackets-coach-john-tortorella-an-inspirational-fan-and-the-ties-that-bind/

Yeah, I recall them doing a segment on this during whichever 24/7 it was that NYR was involved in. Was it with PHI?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Thufir posted:

Shea Weber is out for the year

Meanwhile, PK Subban is 5th in points and 1st in goals among all defensemen.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

Ovie still is fun and good as his side of the story was equally entertaining and that's avatar material for somebody in CapsAS:

https://twitter.com/russianmachine/status/968340707088977921

Ovie's reached that age at which Russian men begin to look like they're drunk all the time, even when they're not. Although he might be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

fits posted:

"why wont they call??"

https://twitter.com/OilersNow/status/968564945993449472

peter chiarelli is bad at his job

In a room, Chiarelli and Benning sit quietly by the phones on their otherwise immaculate desks, waiting for Benning and Chiarelli to call.

a false posted:

here's my take of the day: the edmonton oilers, despite getting very lucky with the draft lottery, actually got pretty unlucky within those parameters by having two of their lottery wins in 2011 and 2012 where they were basically locked into a pick that was never going to pan out into a foundational player. there wasn't a single other team in the league that would have picked anyone other than RNH or yakupov first overall in either of those drafts.

this is of course not to say that there wasn't gross mismanagement elsewhere that's contributed to the oilers being a bad team despite all their firsts

Wasn't the thing with RNH that he basically got thrown to the wolves in the NHL and suffered a series of injuries early in his career?

Also: poo poo, has Snow really been GM for 12 years? Edit: Holy poo poo he has! How? All player-related moves aside, how did being responsible for seven seasons of Jack Capuano not end his career?

Habibi fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 27, 2018

• Locked thread