Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah it's an almost charming like "awww" sorta insanity wrt d-rose stanning in 2018.

And of course you'd hate the splash bros g hawk, classic rockets fans letting the warriors get in their head. Spurs still haven't lost a series against golden state when Kawhi's playing. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
It means nothing, but Joel Meyers pointed out a long-time and current amateur blogger of the Pels during the broadcast today: https://twitter.com/SchwanBSS/status/967915645542240257

Only time I have seen that happen. It was kinda cool.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

morestuff posted:

This is one of the dumbest inspirational quotes I’ve ever heard

https://twitter.com/_serpendipity/status/967896256004677633

Holy poo poo that is all time dumb.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I had heard Fegan's name before so I was curious who his clients were, and man the current status of this collection of players is almost as sad as a man's untimely death

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

xbilkis posted:

I had heard Fegan's name before so I was curious who his clients were, and man the current status of this collection of players is almost as sad as a man's untimely death

It becomes much less sad when you look at their career earnings. Fegan was one of the less shitbaggy agents.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

It becomes much less sad when you look at their career earnings. Fegan was one of the less shitbaggy agents.

Wasnt he recently fired? Was he still representing those guys?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I mean, you can't get to the moon by climbing a tree, you know what I'm saying?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Boredumb posted:

John Wall fired him like a year ago.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I love the recent trend of completely asinine stats
https://twitter.com/airlessjordan/status/967898479707217921

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Boredumb posted:

He got Hinkied by Ron Burkle when he, Burkle, took control of ISE; pretty sure he's still representing them because the court told the agency to gently caress off to arbitration.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The Cavaliers need AD and/or Giannis.

Rose could've injured himself in the opening minutes of a game and the members of the anti-Thibodeau cabal would still have plenty of ammunition.

Cool Buff Man posted:

What does shooting "under 50% from the field" have to do with anything though...

Individual FG% is an outdated stat. It must be annihilated.

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Man Anthony Davis is really good at Basketball.

Today AD had a shot to be the first guy with five straight 30+ GmSc games since Hakeem in 1995. He fell short.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He got Hinkied by Ron Burkle when he, Burkle, took control of ISE; pretty sure he's still representing them because the court told the agency to gently caress off to arbitration.

Oh I think I missed that part, thanks

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Curry is now the supreme 3P shooter of the league:

code:
3NP	Player
1491	Stephen Curry
1490	Ray Allen
1481	Kyle Korver
1194	Reggie Miller
1116	Steve Nash
954	Klay Thompson
891	Dale Ellis
888	Peja Stojakovic
860	Mike Miller
Korver missed the title by a couple of games and will forever be #2.

Spacebump posted:

What do y'all think the league is going to do to punish the franchise/Cuban for the team's unacceptable office culture? I feel like banning Cuban from the franchise for a year might at least be a decent start. Cuban being banned for Dirk's last season would be interesting.

I'd be surprised if it was something too punitive. He'd be in more hot water if he was the perpetrator.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This vid did get me to think though, does AD wear the compression T-shirt thing to hide his shoulder/bicep tats?

Maybe, a lot of people do that stuff.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

BIZORT posted:

...Blake Griffin trying to navigate his way through the lane with his awful footwork and flailing everywhere is...dangerous...Blake constantly elbows everyone in the face and flops all over...

I concur:

https://i.imgur.com/r9FFT0l.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/jvLNZYs.mp4

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Tae posted:

I wonder if people forgot that Zaza literally almost ended Durant's career last season with a flop

That was totally not a flop. Gortat (whom may I remind you is Polish, I think they have hated Georgians for centuries) picked up Zaza bodily and correctly threw him where Durant happened to be innocently waiting.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Yea I remember Blake hooking guys' arms when flopping in the paint too

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Them signing KD being bad and a step that can never be forgiven isn't so much about it "killing basketball" or making the Warriors overkill, both of which have some truth to them...
it's more that that OKC-GSW wcf was soooooo loving good and regardless of who was going to win that, every basketball fan was like "drat this is gonna be a dope rivalry for the years". and they took that away, to make a historically great already considered unstoppable team better with another top 5 player

David Stern should have risen out of his coffin in the daytime and put the kibosh to that bullshit loophole fuckery. Shame!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I love the recent trend of completely asinine stats
https://twitter.com/airlessjordan/status/967898479707217921

Reddit has been keeping track of when players record a steal but nothing else in a road game.

It's called a "LiAngelo" :golfclap:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Remember that animated gif of David Lee clearly telling Blake to stop flopping

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

soggybagel posted:

The bad boy pistons were cool because they made the Celtics angry.
never let an opportunity to post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu8Da3pe9h0
go by

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

They really die without shooters, so is good, but he plays the same position as all of their good players who aren't the somewhat injured jj red dick and rob coverington

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Constellation I posted:

I don't give a gently caress about Zaza, Westbrook or LeBron, but here:

https://streamable.com/v6fqa
I wasn't sold on this being intentional until now but from this angle it's really obvious Zaza is just jumping on Russ.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

maliceaforethought.gif

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I don't know how long the Pelicans can sustain this winstreak but I'm enjoying it.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Durant is a bitch for going to GSW rather than WAS or BOS but he was never ever going to stay in OKC and put up with Westbrook's bullshit a day longer than he had to.

I know we all know that but sometimes it bears remembering

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I think "KD leaving oklahoma meant less entertaining basketball" is the only acceptable argument. Anything else is sour grapes and whining. Don't worry, if they're too dominant the league will engineer a powerful rival or switch to single elimination postseason tournament. They have to create content for those billions

Rick posted:

Physician run maintenance on thyself

I've honestly never paid a ton of attention to him much before so I'll take your word.

He's a spot up shooter who can't defend his position, if he gets attacked hard on close outs sometimes he'll drive the ball but he's awful at making shots at the basket. He sets okay screens and boxes out if the coach wants him to do that. If there's enough around him and you only need a stretch 4 to give your offense room to breathe, he's just fine. Not great, not awful, just a role player with clear strengths and weaknesses

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Feb 26, 2018

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Eric the Mauve posted:

Durant is a bitch for going to GSW rather than WAS or BOS but he was never ever going to stay in OKC and put up with Westbrook's bullshit a day longer than he had to.

In what world does it make sense to leave a team with Westbrook for one with Wall? I get that he is from the area but Wall's teammates don't like him and he is worse than Westbrook.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Dan Fegan dying in a motorcrash hits close to home. I've slid off the highway at 55 mph(black ice, massive snowbank in the median so everyone was fine,) almost been smashed into by two delivery trucks, and had to slam my brakes more time in the last 3 days than the previous month. There's some basketball related automotive final destination thing plotting to kill someone, maybe it was Dan Fegan. Stay safe on the roads, make sure you don't converge at an angle with another vehicle that you cant see due to the size of your A pillar or anything horrible like that

NickRoweFillea posted:

Mask on Lebron was the coolest thing ive ever seen

Look how loving cool he is. That’s a super villain look that Marvel wishes they could have

It reminds me of mankind from the old days. I really miss NBA.com's photo section where they posted selected photos from every game. I guess I need to look at getty images or something of that nature

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Feb 26, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Spacebump posted:

In what world does it make sense to leave a team with Westbrook for one with Wall? I get that he is from the area but Wall's teammates don't like him and he is worse than Westbrook.

He's from Washington, they hired Scott Brooks. It was a whole thing back in the day.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

KD going to the 73-win Warriors is historically pathetic and may the Rockets strike them down.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

i love this narrative where russ preventive a multiple time scoring champ and team leader in shots from having the ball causing him to leave

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Eric the Mauve posted:

That's horseshit. KD was really upset Presti fired Brooks. A friend of mine was the night manager of a frozen yoghurt shop in Edmond and after late home games, Brooks would take the guys there, they'd have frozen yoghurts, and talk about stuff. All kinds of stuff. KD really looked up to Scott Brooks like a father figure.

I was as bad as anyone itt about Brooks not knowing his X's from his O's, but he was a player's coach, I reckon he still is. That counts for a lot more in the NBA than people realize.

And KD did not like Billy Donovan.

edit because

Fast Luck posted:

KD going to the 73-win Warriors is historically pathetic and may the Rockets strike them down.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Your friend worked at a frozen yogurt shop that the coach took grown-rear end men to after games like little league. That’s actually kinda sweet

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: KD was mad they fired the nice guy who took him for ice cream after the games. The bitch made legend grows

Did Billy not spring for waffle cones or something.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"He won't let us get the Gotta Have It! I'm out!"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hey KD this is pay by weight man, brownie bites and cheesecake bites are for champions only

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

WhyteRyce posted:

:lol: KD was mad they fired the nice guy who took him for ice cream after the games. The bitch made legend grows

Did Billy not spring for waffle cones or something.

Haha drat expect no mercy from these goons, they knoweth not the meaning m'lady

Spoeank posted:

"He won't let us get the Gotta Have It! I'm out!"

WhyteRyce posted:

Hey KD this is pay by weight man, brownie bites and cheesecake bites are for champions only

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah Brooks kinda reminds me of Casey in that they have questionable x's and o's that annoy nerds like me but (anecdotally) seem to have very good relationships with their players. Which absolutely is a good skill to have that you think about less as a fan, being Scott Skiles is not a good look.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sam Amico reports that the beef between Westbrook and Durant started when Westbrook used the same spoon to scoop from the candy bin, cereal bin, and fresh fruit bin. When Durant complained, Westbrook just stared at him while he dumped all the remaining marshmallow sauce into his cup

A source close to the locker room stated that Westbrook doesn't even like marshmallow sauce.

Durant was so incensed that he failed to write down his favorite flavor combination on the chalkboard at the front of the store

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thibs, hands on head, screaming at ronnie brewer for loading up vanilla yogurt with strawberry chunks, GODDAMMIT RONNIE IF YOU WANTED STRAWBERRY THEY HAVE GODDAMN STRAWBERRY FLAVOR GET OUT OF HERE

• Locked thread