Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Dejan Bimble posted:

Cool runnings is a beloved cultural touchstone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtqwyGTQ-2g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Paperback Writer posted:

lmao Steph Curry, the comic book villain.

as always

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Why'd you post an image of D'Angelo Russel?

Dexo fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Mar 1, 2018

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

BWV posted:

you hear many people may say winning a championship is good, but being the point differential champions of February has to be right up there.

also, watching post game interviews where the entire team fucks with Demar and then seeing Casey being cheesed about a 13 point win is cool stuff.

Did the Raps actually get the point differential record?

Also lol I want to yell at Demar while he tries to give interviews too

https://streamable.com/ukqoy

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Dexo posted:

Why'd you post an image of Blake Griffin?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

It's like yelling to Lebron "Why don't you go back to your department store where you work Fat Drew Carey.. Cleveland doesn't rock... it sucks!!"

I’m yelling this at LeBron if I ever catch him on the road again.

Also I’m going to the Sixers-Bucks game on Sunday so give me some equally good Greek or Australian based humorous things to shout.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
you greek son of a bitch!

you australian son of a bitch!!

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Henchman of Santa posted:

I’m yelling this at LeBron if I ever catch him on the road again.

Also I’m going to the Sixers-Bucks game on Sunday so give me some equally good Greek or Australian based humorous things to shout.

vegemite is disgusting!

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

they didn't officially get it but they are still number 1 in my record book.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Jota posted:

vegemite is disgusting!

Is it a slur if its true?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

They won by 13 and needed to win by 14 (I think)

lol

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

IcePhoenix posted:

They won by 13 and needed to win by 14 (I think)

lol

Yeah they finished 0.06 points behind the Suns.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

they need to get some intern to examine every single long 2 they shot and find evidence that one of them should've been a 3. Petition the league. Obtain February supremacy.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Maybe it's a side effect of the Warriors becoming comic book villains but I think my appreciation of James Harden goes up every year

James Harden owns unless you are rooting for a team he is playing against. Then his flopping becomes just obnoxious.

Classic, glad to see this posted.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I am a big believer in Jakob Poeltl. I think he could be a 20 and 10 guy, maybe a couple blocks a game too. He also is a good passing big man.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 1, 2018

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Oh my God that harden play is the meanest thing I've ever seen.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the Staples Center turned into the gym at the Y on that play, everybody on the court temporarily shifted back to grade school

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I am a big believer in Jakob Poeltl. I think he could be a 20 and 10 guy, maybe a couple blocks a game too. He also is a good passing big man.

I like Poeltl, but that is pretty bullish. To get to 10 rebounds a game he'd need to play almost twice as many minutes AND rebound like 33% more often per possession to get to 10. But 20ppg would be even harder. Poeltl is a pretty delibrate player, he isn't aggressively looking to score. His usage would need to be about 50% higher, and I don't think that fits his game very well. I think Poeltl is a low-end-starter/good backup type guy with some upside into good starter, but 20/10 and shooting those averages puts him into KAT (20/12) and Embiid (23/11) territory. I really don't think he's on that trajectory.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If you're Wes Johnson you either need to get up and immediately fight harden or just retire and move to tibet or something. You can't just keep playing basketball like nothing happened

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

My Friend Jake is my favourite but he should never have the ball for more than 2 seconds. And since he's not a spot up shooter I dont see him ever even scoring 15 a game. That's fine though. He can become a very strong defensive player and his mobility and soft hands means he wont be a liability on offense.
Even the most advanced analytics cant capture the power of My Friend Jake.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MourningView posted:

If you're Wes Johnson you either need to get up and immediately fight harden or just retire and move to tibet or something. You can't just keep playing basketball like nothing happened

At least gotta try and play it off by arguing with the ref about a push off and get a tech or something. You can't just sit there and let that slide.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/bycycle/status/969246978143027202?s=21

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I wonder if the Harden clip wouldn't look nearly as bad if just one of Johnson's lazy rear end teammates had rotated over at some point.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

dokmo posted:

I wonder if the Harden clip wouldn't look nearly as bad if just one of Johnson's lazy rear end teammates had rotated over at some point.

Look, you see some dude get put on his rear end like that and I completely understand pausing while your brain works through the beauty that just unfolded in front of you.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

dokmo posted:

That they didn't only makes it even more like an And1 Mixtape highlight clip, which is cool by me

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Surprised Wes's teammates didn't give him a kick or a shove on the way back up. I probably would have wanted to get in on that.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Lockback posted:

Surprised Wes's teammates didn't give him a kick or a shove on the way back up. I probably would have wanted to get in on that.

They were afraid what Harden put on him might be contagious.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Harden looks relatively slow when he's breaking down dudes on the dribble but he puts more guys on skates than anyone else around, I just can’t tell how

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

lmao

This was the first basketball game I've watched on TV since the finals last year, and I turned it on like 2 mins before this happened. All of these are loving glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Lockback posted:

This just reminded me of Chris Paul freaking out at DeAndre Jordan when he thought the clock had expired

• Locked thread