Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Blake Griffin is good imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Oh dear
https://twitter.com/nbaontnt/status/959281592429498368

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

euphronius posted:

Blake looked good on Detroit

I know they were playing a bad team.

We were -21 without him on the floor which makes the win against Cleveland even funnier

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Lots of Allen Iverson disrespect on this page

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Think of how many legitimately 'hard' guys are in the NBA. Majority of the players are lower middle class the sons of a school principal and a sheriff's deputy. If not that, then sons of a former pro.

It's Matt Barnes, the Morris twins, most of the Serbs, some of the Bosnians, our Turk and Georgian, James Johnson, I don't know. There just aren't a lot of ABA tough guys in the league, it's not the "inner city" league that racists rail against, because kids get moved to prep schools in calm parts of the country at age 14 or 15.

The few guys who spent large parts of their lives in rough areas show it on the court, Draymond Green in Saginaw, Kyle Kuzma in Flint until age 17/18

Huh, I had no idea Kyle Kuzma is from Flint.

Applying your theory to Miles Bridges, he went to one of those prep schools instead of staying in Flint and now he doesnít attack the rim nearly as much as he should.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Maestro posted:

What the hell does this even mean

It means that he's better in every except raw numbers like points per game

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Maestro posted:

Oh yea Iím better than AI except for my stats too.

Advanced stats, what are they

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Zogo posted:

Who is the TOUGHEST former/current NBA player? Maybe a future poll question.
Who is the TOUGHEST former/current NBA N/V poster? Maybe a future poll question.

I wonder how many more injuries are needed before CP3 gets into the 2018 ASG.

I saw Shaq fight a few times and wasn't impressed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd8UbXkFawI

If you put him in a ring he's going to make a very large crash noise as he falls to the floor.

Former: Oakley
Latter: Assuming all posters are accurately represented by their avatars, Cool Buff Man

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I liked Blake Griffinís standup set

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The trade was good imo. Don't talk to me about the cap three years from now or whatever.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Woah I just realized the Pistons were four games below .500 before the Blake trade. I guess my mind was stuck on their hot start.

Yeah we were in a tailspin for about 30 games. That hot start is why the team is even in playoff contention.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Do the Heat suck now?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I work in a newsroom so now I'm gonna be on edge the rest of the day

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Getting drafted by LeBron was a curse apparently

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kemba to the ASG I guess

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I gotta go to another Bucks game

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hand Row posted:

That was Gus Johnson so you'd think he would have exploded. He calls some Bucks games.

Gus has toned it down a lot recently. He sounded downright depressed during the Holiday Bowl.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Extended version featuring confused John McEnroe
https://www.facebook.com/milwaukeeb...55377240112817/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

I remember that well from the dark years when Tayshaun Prince was the best player on the Pistons. He would slump and skulk and the coach would get fired again.

What was sadder: Tayshaun Prince being the best Piston or Jonas Jerebko being the best Piston?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

It was really Tayshaun, he was so so tired of the team and the city, and when Stan traded to get him back he was visibly miserable every second on the floor. Pouting Tayshaun, Moping Panther, sadder than crying jordan, taller than a ladder.

Remember pre injury bouncy Jerebko? He could have been a decent full time starter

Vaguely. The nadir of the Pistons was during my college years so I couldnít watch them on TV, couldnít pay for League Pass and hadnít figured out the best way to stream them illegally (not that it wouldíve been worth it). I would just read recaps the next morning and sigh. The 2011 playoffs revitalized my interest in the NBA generally but I didnít even gently caress with the team much at all between the Michael Curry and Van Gundy eras.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Genetically engineer a future of DeJuan Blairs so that there are no ACLs to tear

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

All the star movement happened in the offseason

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

They really should make a tinder for nba trades.

"Isaiah Thomas

If you can't deal with me at my worst

you don't deserve me at my best"

Dan Gilbert swipes left... Or right, I've never used tinder...

Left is dislike, right is like. Hence the Hawksí Swipe Right Night.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Enjoy the guy serving a domestic abuse suspension I guess. I'm assuming Jameer, even at his age, is better than Dwight Buycks.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/PabloTorre/stat...679168839847936

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/detnewsRodBeard...737689576984576

Guards gonna win

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

why the gently caress would andre drummond be in the skills challenge

He can pass. Not really good at the other parts.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

IT has one of the strangest careers ever and heís only on his second contract.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Jah still got scored on and a foul on that play so lmao

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

zoux posted:

Can't believe the Spurs are in 3rd with roster of rec league dudes Pop picked up at the Y

Dang I know people dislike LaMarcus but no need to be so rude

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Iím pretty sure the Pistons were point shaving tonight

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Steph Curry is alt-right

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

holy poo poo she literally does a nazi salute

Yeah man where were you in 2016? That was at the RNC.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Crazy Ted posted:

What if I told you that a long time ago in a non-parallel universe she and Keith Olbermann were actually in a brief relationship?

Hatefucking is a very real thing

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Bill Fuckin' Walton, ladies and gentlemen.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Bill Walton is the greatest announcer of all time

Thatís not a real Bill Walton tangent. This is the real one:

quote:

C. As Walton marvels at the size of Ayton, Pasch asks Walton whom he would take with the no. 1 overall pick in the 2018 NBA draft. Walton says that he doesnít have enough information to make a decision yet because he hasnít seen most of the top prospects play. The closest Walton comes to giving an answer is saying that he loves Ayton, and that Ayton would make a great addition to any franchise. Walton then asks Pasch to imagine the excitement that Ayton might be able to bring to Sacramento. Pasch remarks that he thinks Ayton would be a great fit in Chicago, where former Arizona star Lauri Markkanen is putting together an impressive rookie year. Walton asks Pasch whether Phil Jackson is still the coach of the Bulls. Pasch replies that the coach is actually Fred Hoiberg, and that Hoiberg is upset with Walton because of an earlier broadcast in which Walton had wondered aloud whether Hoiberg was still the coach at Iowa State. As Walton feigns indignation, Pasch diffuses the situation and congratulates Hoiberg on a big win over the Timberwolves the night before. After Pasch explains that this game was Jimmy Butlerís anticipated return to Chicago, Walton asks Pasch whether he has seen Jimmy Buffettís new Broadway play, Escape to Margaritaville.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

cisneros posted:

Dr. J is the only one the can dunk

https://youtu.be/U7Fyfyt6Uz4

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Why would the Sixers/NBA not have him redo the line???

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I was out with friends all night and missed the game. What was the thing with Rick and Morty?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Any chance of Zack Randolph being bought out? What notable players in general are going to get bought out?

I think buyout season is pretty much done? Joe Johnson, Greg Monroe and Brandan Wright already did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

bobby's nickname is the krazy eyez killa

lmao

• Locked thread
«2 »