Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Papercut posted:

I just remembered OJ Mayo. What is going on with OJ Mayo?

He was banned for two years for breaking the nba "drug of abuse" policy.

NBA Drug of Abuse list posted:

amphetamine and its analogs (including, but not limited to, methamphetamine and MDMA), cocaine, LSD, opiates (heroin, codeine and morphine), and PCP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

How the gently caress is so much footage of Fultz practicing getting out.

Why are the 76ers commenting about him so much?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

For some reason, Greg Monroe just seems like an extremely Celtics player.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Can we stop talking about the bad sport in this thread, which is supposed to be about a good sport?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lol remember when the Cavs had a good GM

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Holy poo poo, giannis loving owns

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I'm curious about your intuition, are any of you guys convinced the Cavs have flaws serious enough to hamper their playoff performance, or is this just another LeBron boredom slump to you?

If Love is healthy and plays well, and they do something to get a guard that can actually play basketball onto their roster, I can see it maybe happening, but:

a) it is nowhere as a clear path as the last 3 years
b) Isiah needs to be traded or play better
c) lebron needs to play out of his mind

If I were the GM of the cavs, i would do everything in my power right now to get Isiah off the team, even for nothing. He is absolutely valueless on the court and is clearly not helping their locker room situation.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

WHO SAYS NO?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

Is there evidence of a meaningfully higher rate of injury this year?

I think its safe to say that more "stars" are getting injured this year, but that is almost entirely random chance, so I'd say no there isn't

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The only thing I can guess is that Lou Will puts butts in seats, but they think that:

a) They will not be good in the next 2 seasons
b) That he does not move the needle on the teams w/l record

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

pubic works project posted:

Come to Indiana, Bron. You get to play next to Dipo, Turner, and Sabonis.

Big four? more like a big f-ffffaaaaart

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

Advanced stats on TV in the 80s:

https://twitter.com/blk_tray/status/961458449216188416

Man a +67 would probably be a record

That’s not how +\- works

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/961626584179527680

Gonna be a wet fart of a deadline, folks!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

I’d take a second and a prospect at this point tbh

Here is the issue with Tyreke: if he is not traded he is 100% getting bought out, at which point Boston can sign him for free.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

I think this line of thinking is why the deadline is so quiet so far. Lots of people waiting on buyouts. Hopefully someone goes crazy and starts a mass domino fall but we've only got 3 and a half hours left!

Yeah, I think that teams are going to settle for 2nd rounders in most cases. Tyreke for Shane Larkin + whatever to make salaries match and a 2nd rounder is probably all Boston will do, or anyone, for that matter.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Kemba for IT, fair deal imo

If the Cavs are going to make a splash, then this has to be the move. Getting Batum/Kemba or Williams/Kemba.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Plus the Cavs first rounder. Book it, folks.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dexo posted:

Huh that would be a great deal for the Cavs. Holy poo poo.

Why the Lakers would do it I have no idea. Other than clearing cap space.

They get a first rounder, clear 12 million off the books for next year, dont let Randle walk for nothing.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I WAS SO CLOSE

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

Sounds like they're loading up on youngsters and preparing for Lebron to leave

It's a smart trade both long term, and improves their team short term. Clarkson and Nance Jr are both good right now. Clarkson is instantly their best guard.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

GUYS I WAS LITERALLY SO CLOSE

This is a slam dunk trade for the Cavs imo.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

morestuff posted:

IT is a fine shooter, he's played like a dozen games this year

IT really looks... not the same as a player out there. He has no lift and no legs. Sure, it could just be a conditioning thing, but he is a tiny man with a bum hip in a league of giants. Betting on him returning to his post injury form seems like a fools errand.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

Lakers just dumping salary and hoping IT recovers? Don't understand their benefit from the trade otherwise.

They have a glut of young forwards, so Nance Jr. was expendable, Clarkson in not part of their future, and they get a first rounder and salary relief. It seems like a no brainer for them.

Im honestly surprised it was Nance and not Randel, though.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

EvanTH posted:

Clarkson is like a .300 shooter from 3. He's a guy you can leave open on the three point line. Exactly what the Cavs need?

IT was a rare combo of a player who was a net negative on the court AND a huge clubhouse cancer. Dude rolled onto a team that was mid surge, played like poo poo and then blamed literally everyone but himself. I've never seen a player do that before.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

rare Magic card l00k posted:

so where does kyrie for it rank on the all-time one-sided trades list

I mean, we need to know what the brooklyn pick turns into first

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

This is hilarious

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

Even if you discount the possibility of IT getting his legs back under him, him sucking should have no impact on your decision making. He sucks? He's gone in the summer anyway. Locker room hates him and he's a net negative? Cut him.

Clarkson is a nice player but not a great fit next to LeBron offensively and looks more like a "we are looking to go young and flexible instead of doubling down for now" move that will just make it easy for LeBron to walk out again. I'm going to :lol: if this is the straw that breaks LeBron's back

Clarkson is instantly their best guard on the entire team and Nance Jr. will get rotation minutes at both PF and C. This makes their team better Now for cheap, I dont see how this is a terrible trade for the Cavs. Clarkson can hit open shots and plays off the ball decently.

Clarkson is way better than IT, puts them in a better position now. Nance is young, athletic and can play defense. If your argument is that IT sucked so bad that they should cut him, why would trading for decent-good players be a bad thing?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Doltos posted:

"For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."

Isaiah Thomas 5'9"

:drat:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

As someone who is mainly a hockey guy, what does a protected v unprotected pick mean?

Also,
https://twitter.com/reflog_18/status/961613594298388481

You can basically say "If the pick falls between x and y in the draft you get _____ instead."

Like, the cavs pick is probably Lottery (1-14) protected, or else it turns into 2 2nd rounders, or something.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

IT is shooting as bad as Lonzo this year

Also, I guess we had better hope that IT isn't the lockerroom poison he seemed like this year

IT is probably going to get bought out, imo.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I should reword:

If IT shows up and pulls the same poo poo he pulled in cleveland then he will be bought out.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

*in an extremely Bill Simmons voice*

Woah!!!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

*in an extremely Bill Simmons voice*

Woah!!!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

pubic works project posted:

I know they're trading Derek Rose. But what about Derrick Rose???

He's back, baby.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Metapod posted:

I don't know what this new Cavs team looks like but I'm sure they'll be better at defense

Hill
Hood
Lebron
Love
Thompson

Clarkson
Nance
JR
Korver

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

GM LEBRON IS THE GREATEST GM OF ALL TIME

HE IS PLAYING 3 DIMENSIONAL CHESS

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

Man, why is Utah making that trade? I din't see why they do this

This is being glossed over because of how insane everything else is, but the Cavs ended up with the 2 best players in a 3 team trade involving no picks.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

G-Hawk posted:

actual question, since i don't watch most the teams these players came from much

does anyone on the new cleveland roster play defense?

Hill and Hood are decent defenders, and Clarkson is... average? if he tries. Given the state of their roster previously I'd argue that they are the best 3 guard defenders on the roster.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Bubba Smith posted:

I kinda want to see that Tristan + JR + Nets pick for Deandre Jordan now just cause it will mean that out of everyone from the championship squad only Kevin Love remains. That's kinda poetic for all the poo poo he's got over the years. LeBron tells everybody in the world gently caress you, I like Kevin. Pull up a chair.

They quite literally cannot trade the Nets pick anymore.

Also

Calderon+Green for Tyreke and a 2nd rounder.

GET ON THE PHONE LEBRON!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

Pls no more Jeff green

Sorry Nick, you're getting Jeff Green.

• Locked thread