Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Why would the Sixers/NBA not have him redo the line???

Because that would require effort and an intern did this probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Niwrad posted:

The guy who gave monster contracts to Timothy Mozgov and Luol Deng a year and a half ago.

but those were good contracts????

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 20, 2018

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The B_36 posted:

Say what you will about Cuban (he's a good owner imo), but he's got a point. We've all mostly jumped on the Sixers bandwagon and deified Hinkie, but much like with how OKC built their Finals team a few years ago (ie lucky with draft picks), it's not a very repeatable process. I've always hated when fans look at their team and realize they won't reach the Finals this year so they think they should tank for draft picks. That's not to say you should sign a bunch of average vets every year just to field a respectable team, but if even 5 NBA teams did what the Sixers did, it would destroy the league pretty quickly.

Hot take, the kings over the last 13 years are way worse for the NBA than the 76ers have been or probably ever will be.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

Atlanta is tanking as bad as the sixers ever did but I guess no one remembers Atlanta had a basketball team.

They were the 5th seed last year, the gently caress are you talking about

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

There is a difference between tanking and your team just getting bad because everyone decided to sign elsewhere.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 20, 2018

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I literally cannot imagine a more insufferable arguement

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The B_36 posted:

Yes, I also hate talking about basketball here in the basketball thread.

Oh weird I didnt know basketball was a pissing match to see who tanks more between the lakers and the 76ers. Learn something new everyday

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

lmao at the legendary "process" boiling down to "Tank but also run your team well"

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

How much of Aaron Affolo's recent career can be attributed to being name dropped in that Kendrick song.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Kibner posted:

Dang, this makes me sad. Wish it was more accurate. The thread has more examples of why it isn't reliable:

https://twitter.com/MZavagno11/status/966133148802265094?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E1

Id imagine deflections are equally as unreliable. Even coming to a conclusion on what even should be counted as a deflection is really hard to come to.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I'll admit that its better than it has any right being but the beat is weak af

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The great ones tell their eyeballs "not today"

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Adrian Wokenarowski

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

RIP Jimmy G Buckets (the G stands for tearing his ACL)

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wasn't it 12 points inside 2 minutes?

I just looked it up. There was 1:22 left. So you're kind of really dumb. They'd need to miss EVERY free throw attempt and give up four threes in less than a minute and a half.

Its a playoff game and anything can happen.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I love how we can be talking about literally anything and RCarr will always run in and yell something about how we all love lebron

Its like clockwork

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The heat started unlikable and then reversed heel turned into a fun team around the time Lebron jumped over John Lucas for an ally oop.

The warriors were a fun, plunky upstart until they started touching everyone’s dicks, intentionally injuring peoples players and signed a dude that is a wannabe tech bro who likes to sniff farts.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

3 Billboards Outside of Philadelphia, PA

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

A question I always have about this is if if these are only the PPP for the ball handler on pick and roll plays he finishes (with a shot, layup, ect) or if its the PPP on the entire play where he is the PnR ballhandler regardless of who shoots the shot

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

verbal enema posted:

John Wall met Lil Wayne

Is this a loving joke lmao

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

lol warriors homers will still defend Zaza for this

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

oh no I got owned.

e: in other news Anthony Davis is Averaging 31/12 since christmas :drat:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

lol lozno is trash

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I really have barely heard people talking about Skip bayless in the past year or so. Do people care about that show?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lebron playing like (relative) poo poo was part of the Cavs problem in the mid part of the year so I dunno about that

But as they say "it's always Lebron"

He was shooting 50% from the field and averaging 24/7/7

e: that being said the MVP is so obviously James Harden and Im really confused why it is an argument.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

If anyone from OKC is the MVP it is their best player.

Steven Adams.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

SHOAH NUFF posted:

recommend me some good NBA podcasts

I really like the Lowe post. The ringer does 5 a week (different shows every week) and they range from Terrible (Tuesday, Friday) to pretty good! (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday).

Woj's podcast is really good too.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

schweens posted:

https://twitter.com/espn/status/968317285105532929

That Harden would be a good av. I have to know what he was looking at

an rear end.

• Locked thread