Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
  • Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

We just out here tipping more than $13

Can tony still defend at an elite level asking for Sam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

EvanTH posted:

SERVES OKC RIGHT

Okc has never done anything wrong though so why you say this

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm glad Aaron Gordon is never going to win a dunk contest

He's already won one op

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Im nba insider Seattle wr tyler lockett https://twitter.com/TDLockett12/sta...597689527304194

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Get Rubio LeBron and jokic on one team I don't care how just have it happen

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Os Furoris posted:

Iím surprised there arenít more rumbles out of OKC considering Robersonís situation and how close we are to the deadline.

there are rumors out there but lol if you think presti is letting whatever he's doing get out

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Hand Row posted:

What could they even trade at this point

abrines, grant, huestis, and first round pick 7 years from now

Tae posted:

Steven Adams could fetch a nice piece

adams is pretty much an untouchable asset

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

I'd be a little surprised if the Clippers, Magic, or Jazz moved any of their pretty decent expiring wings for the Thunder's assorted junk. I wouldn't trade Abrines for the hell of it either. If Presti feels "eh" about PG staying, he might trade that 2022 FRP, but it would have to be for someone who clearly increases their odds of advancing in the playoffs & also gets them off Singler's contract.

Instead I suspect the Thunder will trade two second round picks & use a trade exception to take on some extremely underwhelming perimeter player (Randy Foye, Douglas Buckets, Ronnie Brewer, Dion Waiters), and then grab an equally underwhelming washed vet from the buyout market (Caron Butler, Derek Fisher). It is written.

please god not another foye butler or fisher

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

They're in a tough spot. But if it's really as much of a buyer's market as all the media rumormongers say, maybe they can grab a leftover wing from the pile of Bradley, Lou, Hood, etc. at 2:45 on Thursday. They kinda need a vet minimum big who can pretend to protect the rim too.

I would prefer they completely avoid the completely roasted rear end vets like Tony Allen, Joe Johnson, and--dare I even say it--Kendrick Perkins.

Dion will always be welcome in the warm, clogged hearts of Oklahomans. Derek Fisher is all the way out of the family though.

I wouldn't mind iso joe but that's more cause I love him than me believing he's still iso joe. I hope they bring perk in as a coach to teach dakari how to set illegal screens

Mr. Mambold posted:

same. That guy creeps me out and I've seen a few in my day.

What was the talk about Avery Bradley?

It was just talk

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

give giannis the mvp right now idc idc

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

LeBron couldn't handle a second king in this league

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Nice adarn bot

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Okc played great defense without dre WE WINNING THE CHIP

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/stat...287454828433408

Also they tried to trade the NYK automatic telephone menu when it said to press 1 for English

What the hell

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

E2M2 posted:

Got a feeling that the Warriors are gonna lose to OKC or Rockets. Seems like teams have figured them out now.

It's more the warriors aren't taking care of the ball and not giving their full effort than being figured out. It's all depends if the warriors can flip the switch come playoff time.

Also has iggy regressed? He didn't look like iggy of the past few years last night

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Holy poo poo Thomas made a shot

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Good trade for the Cavs imo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

drat I wanted him

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I don't know what this new Cavs team looks like but I'm sure they'll be better at defense

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

Hill
Hood
Lebron
Love
Thompson

Clarkson
Nance
JR
Korver

Yeah I like this team a lot more

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

OMG WADE GOING HOME

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Drunk Canuck posted:

what the gently caress is happening

Trade deadline baby

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I'm glad perk is back

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

xbilkis posted:

I've only just started playing around with it, but the ShamSports dude has put out what looks to be a fairly sick cap calculator tool.

Here's the explainer: http://www.shamsports.com/
And here's the actual thing: http://www.shamsports.com/capulator

This rules

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

doug bucket is on his fourth team in a calendar year

its not right come home dougie

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Orlando is all-in on Trae Young

please do not put this curse on him

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

If you want to see just how different the modern NBA is today than it was 10 years ago, look at the top 5 APG for the year.

1) Westbrook - PG - 10.3
2) Harden - SG - 9.0
3) Lebron James - F - 8.7
4) Draymond - PF/C - 7.3
5) Ben Simmons - PF - 7.2

Russ doesn't pass the ball

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Okc among teams that is interested tony allen once he's bought out. Looking forward to getting upset at a washed tony like I was at a washed caron butler

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S THE 2011 NBA PLAYOFFS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START SCREAMING AT PEOPLE TO BOX OUT ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, TOM THIBS. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN YARRGHA SOUNDS WHEN I YELL AT A REF THAT HE'S BULLSHIT BULL poo poo OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE EASTERN CONFERENCE'S MOST DANGEROUS ARENA THE MARKET SQUARE ARENA. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY GROWN UP JOB AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN CUBICLES CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE PLAYS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ben Simmons is not an all star and isn't better than any of the players that are

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

BallisticClipboard posted:

I've been thinking about the movement of players when their contract is up. Someone posted on Twitter when IT got traded that players are just pieces to the FO and we shouldn't be mad when a player makes a choice. I can't think of a time where a good player signs with another team and doesn't take heat. I was mostly thinking of KD and LeBron. What if KD wasn't a corny motherfucker talking about "the hard road"? What if he straight up said, "I want a ring and the Warriors are the best place to do that"? What if LeBron never did the Decision and quietly moved to Miami? I think there'd still be heat but the Heat were the villains of the team until their final year.

Durant left okc to go to a 73 win team with the first unanimous mvp that he had a 3-1 lead in the wcf and proceeded to choke the series away while hanging out with the warriors and waited till pretty much all free agents were signed away to announce his decision. A decision that he told long time teammates Russ and nick through text so no Durant changing one thing he said wouldn't have changed much at all. Also after he was signed he then proceeded to have his camp say it was russ's fault he left

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I want to add if he stayed Al horford was committed to sign too

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

IMB posted:

They traded for him before the draft finished, it counts (they also drafted trash MCW in the lottery that year thanks for reminding me.)

I love watching Sixers games, but my point is that tanking is harder than it looks and the Thunder got insanely lucky and still couldn't win a title

the thunder got lucky by who was available but presti drafting well and the staff developing isn't luck

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spacebump posted:

Who ends up with a bigger deal based off end of season play with the Mavs, Noel or McBuckets?

McBuckets getting the max

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Tony Allen liked this tweet 👀👀👀 https://twitter.com/eddiesuttonfilm...032714256826368

Tony coming back to Oklahoma

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

lol what is this tattoo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

cam payne put up a 21-4-6 in the g-league

I'm telling you once that foot heals he's gonna ball out

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/UpTheThunder/st...870879599452161

ferg is athletic y'all

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Why are you bringing this up in the sacred NBA thread? If you truly want to face daltos you do it in the cord you shook bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

this was a safe haven from bad posts then daltos came

and metapod that discord is really bad. exceptionally bad my man

Your voice is sounding very shakey

• Locked thread
«3 »