Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Niwrad posted:

I'm curious to see what happens with Rose after this season. Never got the impression he loved playing basketball. It feels like the only reason he's still playing is because he's got that giant Adidas contract to honor. But I can't see any team picking him up after this (although him going to China to play would be interesting).

I know he gets tossed around in those "what if" scenarios. But I still wonder if he'd really have been that good if he stayed healthy. The game kind of changed and I think he would have struggled regardless.

He was so freaking athletic and also a decent defender. I think he'd still have been drat good if he had enough shooters around him. Not Steph or Harden, but still pretty scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Henchman of Santa posted:

Lots of Allen Iverson disrespect on this page

You mean the poor man's Kyrie Irving?

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

The rockets offense is really simple when it comes down to it. It really boils down to endless Harden high screens. Or CP3.

And when it breaks down Harden is so crazy in iso that he can still get buckets.

I think people will start trying hard traps and fouling the poo poo out of Harden and CP3 once the playoffs roll around.
I don't know how many teams have the personnel to force the ball out of Harden's hands while simultaneously fouling the poo poo out of CP3 so he can't get the ball. But OKC and GSW will try.

• Locked thread