Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
  • Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Fox is the best PG from the 2017 draft
code:
Player GP	FG%	3P%	TS%
Fox	43	41	35	0.481
Ball	36	35	30	0.436
DSJ	43	35	31	0.478
Frank 48	39	32	0.429

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dejan Bimble posted:

Getting Monroe for free is great for the Pelicans. He can replicate the passing of cousins, rebound a little, and score in the post a little. Mirotic lets them do more. I like that they're not surrendering the season

The Twin Towers line-up worked in spite of the era of small-ball because Cousins and Davis are some of the best basketball players on the planet. Monroe is significantly less so

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Stupid Knicks stole Scott Perry from us and now we can't offer to take on Noah's terrible deal in exchange for a first round pick because of collusion rules

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kibner posted:

He would still be taking minutes that would otherwise be going to Dante Cunningham and Chieck Diallo.

He'd be a solid pickup for a team just devastated by an injury and short on talent but I don't think it'll be a "80% of Cousins, so plug-and-play for 80% the production". They are going to have to get a little more creative in their lineups since you can't play him for 40 minutes and expect him to drop 3 point bombs to cover defensive deficiencies.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Capella is a good roll guy and finisher. Asik and Hibbert both have stone hands and no post game. You can't really compare them as the same type of player

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Derrick Rose Engagement Protocol:
code:

knees = ['left', 'right']
while proposing:
  knee = random.randint (0, len(knees)-1)
  if isKneeGood(knee):
    getDownOnKnee(knee)
    propose()
    break
  else:
    # this knee doesn't work, try again with another one
    continue

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at Feb 2, 2018 around 06:31

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

watch this become another Kings pick that never conveys for the Bulls

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tae posted:

I'm assuming it's because the Celtics offered the most money.

For all the talk of using the regular season with the Pelicans to drum up his free agent value, having a good playoff run is loving catnip to bad GMs. He could play himself into some Troy Hudson money

And Brad Stevens will unlock even more of that earning potential

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Zogo posted:

This makes up for the time ownership said they couldn't afford to pay for a parade (even though the parade costed ~a few courtside tickets to a GSW playoff game).

On one hand, the cost of the estimated clean-up kept going up so they have a right to be suspicious. On the other hand, it's not exactly an unheard of thing for rich douchebags to have their cake and eat it too by making benevolent sounding promises to adoring crowds and then flipping direction later on when they actually have to pay

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

Danny Ainge is always right.

People started realizing Ainge was right about the same time Trump became president. Coincidence? Hell timeline?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Yeah but AI was pure early aughts street ball not twenty teen pseudo intellectual

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kyrie clowning Brandon Knight is pretty close to stepping over Lue I guess

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Can you even imagine how terrible a modern day Above The Rim remake would be? With Birdie played by Drake and Flip by Kevin Hart

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm lolling at the idea of Marcus Smart or Mudiay being traded for Tyreke. The Grand Daddy of can't shoot but maybe we can turn him into a PG prospects being traded for one of his younger copies

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tyreke is also shooting well (or at least did to start the season) and therefore the bizarro Danny Ainge is right timeline continues on

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Didn't Chris Paul try talking poo poo to JJ once and Johnson did a round house kick that stopped 2 inches short of Paul's face?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rose probably thought he was a kid who had some candy

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I always love when Simmons proposes mega trades and then seriously asks why stuff like this never gets done

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I think the only entertainment I get out of Simmons trade proposals is the thought of him sitting in front of the Trade Machine making Tucker Carlson faces wondering why no team is jumping on those deals

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

IT left the Kings because PDA hated him for not being a pure passing guard

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

haha Buddy Hield in a loving skills challenge

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I remember when I thought the Knicks hired a good head coach
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/s...552250581114880

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Milwaukee loves getting the less talented brother. They are Phoenix East

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spurs moving on from Kwahi what a sad end to a nothing era

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings...745362146320389

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

YES PLEASE
https://twitter.com/twithersAP/stat...886267675381763

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The fact that Tyreke hasn't missed more games due to random strains, tweaks, or contusions means he's on borrowed time

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

THJ. Weiss. Both Knick first round picks. Coincidence?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I don't get Cleveland's hangup over Hill's contract next season. Yeah, paying him $20M next year if LeBron leaves sucks. But it's just that year and the season after he has a super cheap buyout. And he can do a bunch of things now to help you. If you're convinced LeBron is so mad he's walking out the door anyway, then why even be involved with these other trade offers

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So, uh, what the Clips doing?
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/961302111043584000

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Wow guess Vlade actually won a trade

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So the Clips have to be thinking Lou with time under contract will fetch more than Lou playing at a near all star level in a contract year right?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Criss has the worst body language on the court I've ever seen. And he listens to everything being yelled at him which makes the former even worse

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

Enes Kanter charged for insulting Hedo Turkoglu
Do you think all of Toronto is on Turkey's poo poo list too

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

SAS is a hot bed of anti Turkish activity

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm lolling that some Laker fans on Twitter were thinking they could get Criss and a first in exchange for Randle, a player everyone who follows basketball assumes to be gone soon anyway

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Isn't Clarkson a slightly inefficient scoring guard? I know the Cavs guard rotation is poop but that's not too fantastic of a pickup in the short term

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

haha oh man

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

euphronius posted:

Same

But they are also dumping IT

IT is a free agent at the end of the year. If you don't like him just waive him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Don't really understand Cleveland's thinking here. They trade with the Lakers, letting them dump salary and freeing up room to make a run at LeBron!!!!

• Locked thread
«5 »