Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol:
https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA/status/961650817630687234

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Paul Zuvella posted:

IT was a rare combo of a player who was a net negative on the court AND a huge clubhouse cancer. Dude rolled onto a team that was mid surge, played like poo poo and then blamed literally everyone but himself. I've never seen a player do that before.

Even if you discount the possibility of IT getting his legs back under him, him sucking should have no impact on your decision making. He sucks? He's gone in the summer anyway. Locker room hates him and he's a net negative? Cut him.

Clarkson is a nice player but not a great fit next to LeBron offensively and looks more like a "we are looking to go young and flexible instead of doubling down for now" move that will just make it easy for LeBron to walk out again. I'm going to :lol: if this is the straw that breaks LeBron's back

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ghost Dog posted:

i dont understand, is that first paragraph from the cavs point of view? are you saying IT is so bad that you should not want to get something in return for him?

In response to the people saying "well IT really sucks and everyone hates him". So what? You don't have to attach a first rounder (or anything) to dump him, or trade for players of questionable fit to LeBron

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ghost Dog posted:

i still dont understand? you think cutting someone or letting them walk for free is in some way objectively better than packaging them in trades for better players?

Jordan Clarkson is an imperfect fit next to LeBron and on the books for two more years. Is he a better player right now than IT? Sure. But did Cleveland just not learn the lesson of trading a disgruntled player for parts assuming that the parts will just plug in

And if he's not the type of player that LeBron wants or likes then you just added another log onto the pile of things he hates about the org right now. So you give him more reason to walk out but at least you have Jordan Clarkson for 2 more years yippy

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 8, 2018

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

haha I like Hood but bye bye LeBron

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ghost Dog posted:

ok but my hangup is none of that is an argument against trading IT? thats an argument for trading him for a different player.

Oh agreed. I'm fine with moving him but I wouldn't move him for anything just for the sake of moving him. I agree that trying to find a different player (one that fits better next to LeBron or at least doesn't signal a rebuilding mode to him) is the better course of action, if such an offer exists. If no such offer exists (the market for the dude might have seriously cooled) and he really was such a problem, you got other avenues

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

hahahahahahahhahahahahhaha oh man gently caress this

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I like the Clarkson deal more since they also have Hill and Hood. Let him gun off the bench like Wade/Rose were supposed to do

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"You're trying to dump Jordan Clarkson because you want to free up room to make a run at LeBron? Ok here is some garbage and a first round pick"
"Ok we'll take George Hill off your hands but you don't get any picks and you have to take Shumpert"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/961662826635931648

CASH IS BACK

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/961663243893829637

Miami pick, Cleveland pick, which is it?!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Can Sacramento just waive Joe Johnson now or do they have to dump poor Malachi right now to make room?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So Wade is boomeranging now right? Reunited with LeBron, now back to Miami, next season probably coaching at Marquette?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/961665216244256768

Thanks for holding out and demanding a heavily protected second round pick out of taking on Shump, Vlade

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spoeank posted:

The Kings gave up the best player for two players who they might just waive one or both and a second rounder

Heavily protected future second rounder

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Oh shump has a player option for $11 million next year. Nice.

Some Kings fans are already talking about him maybe opting out

:lol:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA THIS DAY loving SUCKS

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

AggressivelyStupid posted:

this seems like a very bad trade for Sacramento ???

Wait which trade we talking about?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's been 4 years so he's now on the timeline

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/961672017559805952

Sweet, going to be making that run at Julius Randle and Nerlens Noel

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Oh Thibs never change

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Oh Vlade, shine on you crazy diamond
https://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones/status/961673327277309952

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Malachi pick seemed very dumb at the time and the organization seemed to care very little about actually seeing what he could do which made the pick even more confusing.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spoeank posted:

oddly enough, trading Belinelli for the #22 was probably his best move as GM

At the time if you would have told me that we could trade Marco for a player that we'd just waive then I would have been happy.

But I'm not happy about blowing that pick :mad:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

If Kosta is getting bought out I'd like to think Vlade would have been smart enough to not dump Malachi for nothing

Also Kosta has a player option for next season so I don't think he'd be a buyout candidate

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Not sure what Vlade wants to do with all that cap space since he seems allergic to using it to absorb bad deals in exchange for picks and teams aren't even offering first rounders to start with. I guess he wants to make a run at Jabari Parker or Aaron Gordon or some bullshit like that

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

McBuckets going to be Dirk's heir

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: I just remembers the Kings apparently turned down a Malachi for Super Mario deal earlier in the year because they wanted more back

Keep on Vlading there Vlade

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spring Break My Heart posted:

How the gently caress is Devin Harris still around. His career year was a decade ago

Remember when Dallas did that trade for Kidd and everyone raked them over the coals for it and Harris had an all-star year which made it even worse then he promptly fell off a cliff while Kidd kept chugging along

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

pubic works project posted:

Cavs also got rights to Arturas Gudaitis from Sac & traded rights to Dimitrios Agravanis.

:lol: PAPA JOHN GETS A FRIEND

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/961680848872443907

Man I remember being pissed the Kings passed on him

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/status/961682334453026817

Well fine, we'll just trade for this other PG that can't shoot

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/AlbertNahmad/status/961681108847951874

Funny indeed

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

But of course
https://twitter.com/HoopBallKings/status/961688229643612160

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The two guys Kings fans wanted instead of SAUCE got dumped for second rounders...SAUCE still sucked though

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Kings by far. I at least understand mostly staying pat to avoid alienating your fanbase. Sacramento feels like Vlade got drunk and hit the ESPN trade machine.

The Kings didn't do anything disastrous that sets the franchise back or lose anything they actually need. It was garden variety bad or lackluster deals that are par for course for him

If they actually use the cap space for something good then it works out. But they won't

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

"Kings need to move one of Malachi or Papa John to make room for a deal with Cleveland"

* Vlade lights up a cigarette, takes a long pull, and stares at his phone*

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I usually applaud teams and GMs for not having that sunk cost fallacy ruin their decision making. George Hill didn't work out and probably would have become a big issue if he was still on the team come next season. Papa John was garbage and clearly not developing the way they were hoping. Malachi is a chucker who is stuck behind two better SGs. So kudos to Vlade for recognizing his mistakes and quickly moving on.

But...yesssh that's a whole lot of bad decision making to start with and that wasn't even in your top 3 of bad decisions

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 8, 2018

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

The funniest part is he isn't even the first 2016 first round pick to get cut. That honor belongs to Wade Baldwin selected by memphis a few picks after Papa, didn't even make it a whole year.

Yeah, the biggest defense of the Papa pick was that "hey we all wanted Wade Baldwin and that guy sucks"

Man that was a bad draft

roundmidnight posted:

At least Marquesse Chriss is also trash so Sacramento shouldn't feel too bad(?).

Most Kings fans are happy enough with Bogdan to still view that trade as a positive. Especially if Skal pulls out of his nose dive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

If we waive Papa John is there any reason to waive Bruno other than him being terrible?

• Locked thread