Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

An underrated aspect of this is Whiteside is probably pissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

Lockback posted:

I mean, it is individual but do you measure only stats or do you consider outcomes? Dragic is clearly producing, Miami's record proves that. But Philly is a .500 team, it's really hard to argue they are loaded with all-stars and decent role-players.

Simmons is something special, for sure, and he'll be a top end player most likely. But he isn't really at an all-star level yet I'm terms of actually winning games. Embiid is. Middleton I think I'd also a stretch in terms of stats and outcomes, I think.

Switch Philly and Miami's coach and suddenly Miami isn't in the playoff picture.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

CRISPYBABY posted:

People are dumb, crowds make them dumber, public outpouring of emotions make you even more stupid. Mob mentality is a hell of a drug. And when you've got hundreds of thousands of people out in the streets celebrating, it only take one dude dumb and hosed up enough to eat horse poo poo and bam, you've got 10000 retweets.

I don't recall anyone eating horse poop while I was in downtown NOLA for the Saints' SB win or in Dallas for the Mavs NBA title. Don't forget Philly is a city where a fan once forced himself to vomit on a child for repping another team. Do all cities have some terrible fans? Probably. However, Philly always seems to have the most bad fan stories. They are kind of like LSU fans from the 80s and 90s with less self respect or morals.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yeah but Wall has a history of making GBS threads on his teammates in public so I choose to blame him. It's my right

#BareaWasRight

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

How is '18 Calderon currently the best point guard on a team with a pg that was "better than AI" last season and a former MVP pg?

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

DC Murderverse posted:

frame this and put it in a museum.

edit:

https://twitter.com/nypost_berman/s...067148876623872

Giannis dunked on him so hard his leg went back in time

Super Cool Beas about to get 30 attempts per game.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Dude, Dwight took a team to the finals

Almost a decade ago.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

RCarr posted:

These recent Knicks, easily.

I liked the year the recentish Melo Knicks were hyped as a contender since they were like the 11 Mavs with Tyson Chandler, JR Smith in the Terry role, and Melo as Dirk. (and an even older Jason Kidd as old Jason Kidd.) The Knicks were such a fun team before the Melo trade. We all know they were a ticking time bomb due to Amar'e's knees but they were still cool.

RCarr posted:

Let's trade Hernangomez for two second round picks that have a very small chance of turning out to be as good as Hernangomez.

This is the equivalent of selling your car and spending every dollar on raffle tickets for a small chance to win back your car.

They should have at least tried to get Nerlens Noel and a 2nd round pick. That guy is taking forever to comeback from his thumb surgery.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

euphronius posted:

You get traded for Justin Anderson and Justin Anderson is more valuable .

lol, I miss Simba.

Metapod posted:

It's more the warriors aren't taking care of the ball and not giving their full effort than being figured out. It's all depends if the warriors can flip the switch come playoff time.

Also has iggy regressed? He didn't look like iggy of the past few years last night

He doesn't look like the Iggy that won Finals MVP after letting LeBron average about 40 ppg*.

*In games where LeBron didn't crack his head open.

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

this trade deadline sucks

agreed. Where are the cool trades?

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

All these wild trades but of course Noel is still a Mav lol

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

https://twitter.com/YourFavoriteZoe...665132760887296

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

Please sign him Golden State, Houston, or Celtics.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

DRose is back!

Can we get Noah on that team somehow as well?

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

Rick posted:

If you ask very little of Wright he can give you something.

Dunks off PnRs all day.

Cavs should trade for Noel.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

Why trade Harris for McBuckets? Is McBuckets' Dad going to try to call Cuban if he gets mad about play time?
Do the Mavs have all the players from Iowa on their team now?

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

Lockback posted:

I like Chris Webber to tell stories or make funny observations when things are slow, but you should not expect to get good in-game breakdown from him. He should be a 3rd guy. And Marv is getting old and is also a sexual assaulter from back when that wasn't a big deal.

xbilkis posted:

Marv got lucky that his story got boiled down to "wearing women's underwear" and "biting," so people remember it as "he was a sex freak" and not "he sexually assaulted multiple women"

Speaking of people who somehow saved their career after a sex crime, let's revisit this statement by Kobe Bryant.

"Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter."

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/960937056062115840
Rough to not get to play in a contract year. Hope the Mavs resign him.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is he still considered a good defender? Because that's a nice pickup for them if so.

I'd be completely fine with the Rockets winning the title this year, if it can't be the Raptors (it almost assuredly won't be)

Wright was considered good at defense? I always thought of him as average at best on D but ultra efficient on offense because he just catches lobs/doesn't take stupid shots. To be fair I haven't watched him play much since he left the Mavs but I also think he was injured most of the time.
Him and Grandpa ISO Joe are good additions to Houston's bench. Really hope we get a good Houston Warriors series this year.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Yeah let's add a rookie "point guard" that can't shoot to the all star game.

That role has already been filled by Kyle Lowry!!!!

Everybody used to love when Kidd played in all star games.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

Who ends up with a bigger deal based off end of season play with the Mavs, Noel or McBuckets?

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

Has he incorporated the scooter into his dancing?

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

This loss is due to bad karma from Pierce, KG, and Rondo hating Ray Allen.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

Cool Buff Man posted:

They all made up recently and Ray was invited to the annual team cruise

Nice. About time.

One more funny tweet on tonight's game, apologies Cool Buff Man.
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/962820048376221696

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What line could we draw dividing up SAS posters that would produce the most devastating flame war?

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

Oh poo poo, looks like the Mavs are winning the lotto or at the very least DSJ is winning the dunk contest.
https://twitter.com/lilbthebasedgod...996506251837441

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Actual News

kyrie irving, from philosopher-king to movie star

It would be great if they secretly already made Space Jam 2 and were sitting on it just to have it open that same weekend.

Also, lol at LaVar saying Lonzo will leave the Lakers if they don't sign LiAngelo and LaMelo.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

It seems like just yesterday Denver was using Ty Lawson in all their ads to be the team star post Melo.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

Emeka Okafor started a game in 2018. What a world.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

https://twitter.com/ProHoopsHistory...469473251516422
Someone give Eddie a chance.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

Lol
https://twitter.com/rudygobert27/st...535645179129856

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

EvanTH posted:

crazy that 10 years old playing NBA jam understood the future of the NBA better than most coaches

now the teams have to learn how to shove people over to up the injury counter

It is the year 2035. The most elite NBA Players have a combination of the following stats: 9+ in threes, 9+ in speed, 9+ in steals. Elite big men have a combination of 7+ speed, 8+ in threes, and 7+ in blocks. Somehow a large amount of the league has developed the ability to jump in excess of 20 feet then dunk/land safely or be knocked out of the air without long term consequence.

Is it the shoes?

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

The crazy thing about this rejuvenated Cavs team is Kevin Love is going to replace Cedi Osman by playoff time. I made a good choice watching the Cavs over the Mavs tonight.

It's too bad the worst recent year for the Mavs has a million teams with only 18 wins at this point in the season.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

Anyone remember back in October when I asked who would have more winshares this year Dirk or Melo? I just did and decided to check. Dirk currently has 3.9 and Melo has 3.2.
lol.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

Dutchy posted:

lol

dirk can't do anything but shoot nowadays so he just decided to have his best shooting year ever by eFG

Hey man, Dirk can do anything.
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/s...836173852270592

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

It's too bad Wade is no longer on the Cavs, we could have had a they are too old for this poo poo Cavs Bron era Heat reunion.

The original owner of the Mavs passed away.
https://www.mavs.com/statement-pass...ner-don-carter/

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

Where can I watch a replay of the all star game, it sounds like it was good.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

That LeBron block on Splitter is easily one of my favorite all time Finals blocks. Also LeBron's block on Iggy. That dude has made some awesome Finals highlights.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

Fire the people mentioned (and anyone not mentioned that was participating in this behavior) in the article directly into the sun. Just terrible.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

dokmo posted:

There's a chance I will be able to shake hands and have a few words with both Sam Hinkie and Mark Cuban sometime in the next week. What should I say or ask.

Ask him about putting radio on the internet.

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

MourningView posted:

I would be stunned if it's not just super boring classic and roots rock with, like, jay z thrown in to try to seem cool

A friend of mine literally ran into Erick Dampier who was with Cuban at a rap concert (I forget who) a million years ago. Might have been him trying to seem cool, no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 23, 2003

Nowitzness

https://twitter.com/Ballislife/stat...433463430623237

Cool Buff Man posted:

The Sun's medical staff could keep Dirk running for 10 more years

and he'd still be getting more winshares than Melo in 2028.

edit:
I wonder if Cuban realizes he has killed his political chances in the future. What a disappointing/terrible story for the Mavs organization.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at Feb 21, 2018 around 22:37

• Locked thread
«2 »