Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jameer is probably the bulls' best PG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lmao that the bulls cannot do an nba transaction without giving up a 2nd round oick, how do they even have any left

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The niko trade is a bummer only because his game is so confounding and weird that it only makes sense on the bulls

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't think that pels fans are on enough self-loathing irony levels to appreciate niko mirotic

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it is sort of amazing how asik and hibbert and all the giant rim protector dudes went from incredibly valuable to fundamentally useless in like three years

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kibner posted:

They have a ton of self loathing, just no irony in it.

kibner, i want you to tell me what it feels like the first time niko launches a 38-footer for no apparent reason because i need to know what it is like to be alive again

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

chunkles posted:

I think it's mostly cause those guys in particular got hurt and started sucking. Although they've started whistling a bunch of stuff they previously would have allowed under "verticality." But teams still want guys like Capela and I'm sure the Clippers won't have any problem unloading DJ.

yeah, i was going to include noah in that as well, although he's an injury casualty. seems to me, though, that there's a lot of big dudes you just can't keep on the floor because they can't guard anyone in small lineups and the rebounding/post-up edge in having a big guy doesn't really seem to matter, especially since those guys had limited offensive skills or are like asik and were born with permanent oven mitts instead of hands

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

What if Derrick Rose makes the Hall of Fame because he's the only MVP who never made the Hall of Fame

Rose will make it on his own merits when he comes back from his injuries.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

just remembered niko was talking about how rondo was his favorite teammate, i cna't wait to see rondo turn on him in a bizarre 11th-dimension power play

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

at least we're spared the agony of watching Red Panda, after futilely searching for her stolen unicycle, desperately grab one and pedal away only to be arrested for the very same crime

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i can feel it...doc is going to unleash boban

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yeah that makes sense. Is the New Orleans floor slippery or are their trainers bad or is it just the worst luck in the world? This is a question to rival the tootsie pop

it has been cursed by tom thibodeaux

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

no one is more excited for the return of omer than stacey king
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QufNB4lhohU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Brolander posted:

caron was the last Hard dude in my mind

lmao i forgot about the mountain dew thing

caron was not hard he was tuff

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

quote:

“Nah, whatever happened happened,” Portis said. “We just moved on from the situation. We tried to be professional each and every day. Come in and work, try and make things work on the court, but off the court we never talked or anything. We just kind of stayed away from each other. Played cards one time — it was kind of awkward — but after that didn’t play anymore. Tried to be professional to the utmost.”

NIKO: (nervous, sweating) Bobby do you have any threes?

e: whoa, lauri already has a kid?????????

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what a complete loving failure the bulls' beat reporters are that we have a dude who got his face completely caved by a teammate, the puncher has no remorse, the organization sides with the puncher even though the guy who got punched is a demonstrably better player, and no one knows what the gently caress happened. i demand to know

1. why everyone on the bulls seems to hate niko
2. exactly how insane is bobby portis

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

big news

quote:

Lauri Markkasesta tuli isä.
Seiska-lehden tietojen mukaan Lauri Markkanen ja hänen vaimonsa Verna Aho saivat tiistaina poikavauvan. Markkanen ei ollut mukana, kun hänen edustamansa Chicago Bulls kohtasi vieraskentällä Portland Trail Blazersin keskiviikkona NBA-koripalloliigassa. Markkaselta on jäänyt viime aikoina väliin myös harjoituksia henkilökohtaisten syiden takia, ja niille saatiin vauvauutisen myötä selitys.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

does it really matter if the sixers should be better? goran dragic looks like a barely average player. 15.5 per, .078 ws/48 lmao. this looks like one of his worst years? am i looking at the wrong dragic or something

never forget that goran dragic has a brother named zoran dragic

together, they are Double Dragic

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what the gently caress

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

extremely 2001-caliber bulls lineup today, they literally started zipser

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

no one in the nba tougher than reddick, forced to play his entire life against scorn and hatred because of his face

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

zipser is growing his hair out and looks like this now

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bulls should take him and just become the Rump Timberwolves

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

have we talked about how blake is wearing 23 in detroit and how dudes wearing 23 is just the chumpest thing possible

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm just surprised, blake seems like a classic Zany Number Guy to me

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Griffin: (just popping in for a set at The Store) Hey, you know how a lot of basketball players wear numbers like 5 or 16? Well I do something a little differently. (Takes off blazer to reveal a number 87 jersey). But that's just me. Am I right, fellas?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GRIFFIN: Do we have any Toronto Raptors here tonight?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Maestro posted:

Just the man I expected to answer, and with a very unsatisfyingly boring answer to a stupid question. Thanks (not being sarcastic).

Why 12? Is there a common positional numbering system similar to soccer of which I’m unaware? I’m just forgetting about a superstar that wore 12 and inspired everybody else, aren’t I

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Gorelab posted:

Honestly if the Hornets were gonna send anyone to the Cavs I kinda want it to be Dwight because I feel like it'd be the piece to make the Cavalier's locker room into an outright warzone.

dwight at this point is like VI Lenin during WWI with teams trying to send him on sealed trains to foment revolution in their enemies' locker rooms

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Which teams would survive an infusion of Dwight rn? The Spurs, the warriors ? Not the thunder
As good as the rockets are bringing back the Fartmaster would instantly give both Pringles and Harden crippling cases of basketball ptsd

the bulls are so dysfunctional that they might be immune to dwight

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kibner posted:

Mirotic does have some good words for his time in CHI:

https://twitter.com/ScottDKushner/status/960573169571594241

I felt it was time to move on after I got punched in the face so hard that my beard rotated around and ended up on the back ofmy neck and everyone in the oorganization pretended to punch me before doing a hair smooth

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Lavine just dunked on some dude named Sampson hard.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD2_/status/960726885444579328

no announcer in the nba is better at being incredulous that an opponent got dunked on than stacey king

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao the miracle bulls are going to blow it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Northwestern has its first NBA player since evan eschmeyer

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

trade bobby to dc just to see what would happen

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

holy moly

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

he just dunked on the entire hardaway family

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if a bull did that stacey king would have exploded like the liam neesons guys

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what the gently caress was that gus johnson call, i'd expect that you'd hear a strangled yelp and some background yelling off mic because johnson has thrown off his headset and is now running around the stadium, he's put on a flame-retardant suit and he's lit himself on fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if the next road arena the cavs are in doesn't play Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) when they introduce the Cavs, they should be fined by the league

• Locked thread