Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Panel 4 is me busting the biggest nut from that hot robot on simian action :fap:

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
pdr gettin horny on main over here

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Mallah and the Brain is the only pure relationship.

So clearly we need to have Gorilla Grodd beat Mallah to death with the Brain.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RevKrule posted:

We should be celebrating Black Panther this month instead of weird writer fan-fic couples :(.

I am excited that Hotepism is finally going mainstream

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
My love of romance will not be silenced but to satisfy content demands have the first black lesbian couple in the mu

And the black couple that's so op they disappeared after ultimates got cancelled

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
https://local.theonion.com/man-prefers-comic-books-that-don-t-insert-politics-into-1822632404

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

https://twitter.com/Reductress/status/957405520528314368

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

As far as I'm concerned, and movie that doesn't explicitly contradic the events of the MCU or deviate too far from the fairly broad tone already set can be counted as part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

For instance, The Italian Job. The original Italian Job is part of the MCU. But not the remake, because it contains a Spider-Man costume years before Spider-Man existed in the MCU.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Roth posted:

Mallah and the Brain is the only pure relationship.

So clearly we need to have Gorilla Grodd beat Mallah to death with the Brain.

Salvation Run was good.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Guy Goodbody posted:

As far as I'm concerned, and movie that doesn't explicitly contradic the events of the MCU or deviate too far from the fairly broad tone already set can be counted as part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe

For instance, The Italian Job. The original Italian Job is part of the MCU. But not the remake, because it contains a Spider-Man costume years before Spider-Man existed in the MCU.

Shoa is my favorite Captain America movie.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
My fave romance is Big Barda and Me. miracle especially after the most recent issue of Mr Miracle.

Also congrats Rhyno, if you want any wedding tips let me know.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

Also congrats Rhyno, if you want any wedding tips let me know.

How do I get her extended family of hyper christ nutters to get along with my family of heathens for 6 hours?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Madkal posted:

My fave romance is Big Barda and Me.

Nice Freudian slip

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Rhyno posted:

How do I get her extended family of hyper christ nutters to get along with my family of heathens for 6 hours?

Valium. Lots of Valium.

Also the autocorrect on my phone didn't recognize every word in your post besides I, of, with, and for. Wierd.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Best DC romance

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What's with that kid trying to get a face full of green lantern butt

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Madkal posted:

My fave romance is Big Barda and Me. miracle especially after the most recent issue of Mr Miracle.
God, there is no way that comic isn't either Scott's near-death experience because he's still in the midst of the suicide attempt he thinks he narrowly avoided at the start of issue 1 or something, because there's just no way any of it's gonna be in canon.

Which is a shame because yeah, the reveal in the most recent issue should absolutely be canon.

Rhyno posted:

Have you tried reading up on Christianity so that you can talk in their language and maybe divert them off with something that's outside the usual Hyper Christ Nutter script? They don't like going off script. Ask in all sincerity about if Judas is in hell or not, that's a good one so long as you can keep asking the follow-up questions.

You should definitely be reading Slacktivist, if you haven't been already.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Make sure the food being served has lots of mayo and casually mention that you saw a movie called God's not dead and it was good and then subtly walk away

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Booze. Lots of booze

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I guess the only great comic book romances that stand out to me are Spidey and Mary Jane and Swamp Thing and Abigail Arcane. This is probably because tons of comic book writers have operated under and still operate under the idea that a long term stable relationship is not as interesting to read about as a burgeoning relationship, so superheroes and other protagonists of escapist comics tend to meet, fall in love with, and break up with/tragically lose tons of characters who don't have time to grow to keep things "exciting". This is exacerbated by rotating creative teams who want to introduce their OWN love interest and dispose of or fridge the previous one.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oh poo poo Stan Lee has been rushed to the hospital.

Is he dying?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Grouchio posted:

Oh poo poo Stan Lee has been rushed to the hospital.

Is he dying?
Went in for an irregular heartbeat, is in stable condition.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Hey Rhyno. I have something left over from my wedding that I would like to gift on to you for yours. If you are interested email me at madkal (at) comic(dot)com

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Romance doesn't really do very much for me. I can honestly say I've never really felt the inclination myself; I think I'm just too selfish for it. Maybe that's kind of sad but it's never bothered me. It's not really been something I've felt like I need.

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Feb 2, 2018

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I have just the thing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Lmao good luck but someone is gonna say a trump

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

God, there is no way that comic isn't either Scott's near-death experience because he's still in the midst of the suicide attempt he thinks he narrowly avoided at the start of issue 1 or something, because there's just no way any of it's gonna be in canon.

Which is a shame because yeah, the reveal in the most recent issue should absolutely be canon.
Yeah, it's going to be the same sort of reveal as the Seven Soldiers Mr. Miracle series, which will be a little disappointing.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Madkal posted:

Booze. Lots of booze

This is the proper answer. My family is a pretty even split of super religious Jews and people who can best be described as "Jew....ish". To prevent a rampant holy war from breaking out, there were no less than 7 bars at my wedding reception. Everyone had a good time and there was nary a mention of blasphemy and/or heresy.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I’ve been listening to the amazing Spider-Man podcast lately and reading old chasing amazing posts and I was surprised to learn just how valuable ASM 300 is given it’s an 80s comic that presumably had a huge print run given the special number. As it turns out, I have a very good condition copy of said comic. Not that I’m interested in selling it or anything. I got a huge collection from my uncle and told him I wouldn’t sell the books, and this was one of them. I don’t need the money, so I’m happy just owning it.

Anyway it got me to wondering: what’s the most valuable comic in your collection? Would you sell it? If not, why not?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The only floppies I still own are a near complete run of Lobdell and Bachalo on Generation X, and according to the internet issue #1 is worth maybe six dollars. So six dollars.

I also have Batwoman: Elegy in single issues framed on the wall but I don't think any of them are worth more than cover price.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

site posted:

What's with that kid trying to get a face full of green lantern butt

More importantly why is he wearing ice skates? That's not how snow works.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Best DC romance

I do wish we would stop using a photograph of a sexual assault as a symbol of romance.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I own a copy of Spider-Man number 1 and some image first issues. I'm sure they are worth millions.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao good luck but someone is gonna say a trump

She's a miracle in that entire side of her family are hardcore Republicans and she is nothing like them.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

She's a miracle in that entire side of her family are hardcore Republicans and she is nothing like them.

A keeper

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The reception's gonna be interesting. My brother was a major Bernie supporter and campaigner, just the word Trump might push him over the edge.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

The reception's gonna be interesting. My brother was a major Bernie supporter and campaigner, just the word Trump might push him over the edge.

Is the bar open?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

People should know that politics are disallowed at the wedding and that regardless of political leanings and such everyone is there to make sure the bride and groom have a good time. If not they are giant selfish jerks. Like supervillains, who try spoil weddings.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

Is the bar open?

I ain't made of money. Free beer and wine though.

Madkal posted:

People should know that politics are disallowed at the wedding and that regardless of political leanings and such everyone is there to make sure the bride and groom have a good time. If not they are giant selfish jerks. Like supervillains, who try spoil weddings.

I uninvited someone because they used to date one of my groomsmen and she's being stupid over it all of a sudden. And another guy because he's convinced he's in the friendzone or something with another guest.

People are terrible, don't invite lots of people to your wedding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

I ain't made of money. Free beer and wine though.

I uninvited someone because they used to date one of my groomsmen and she's being stupid over it all of a sudden. And another guy because he's convinced he's in the friendzone or something with another guest.

People are terrible, don't invite lots of people to your wedding.

This is why my wife and I did a simple outdoor wedding on the Indy downtown canal with just our immediate family there.

• Locked thread