Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Reggie is a nice guy. Really interesting in interviews. Has a lot of insightful things to say about not only basketball but just about everything else. Has one of the better basketball books.

God loving drat I hate his announcing so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This got awesome.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
"they're trying to foul!!!!!"

They don't even slightly try to foul.

I guess congrats to Paul George, renowned bad clutch player, finally getting his gatorade shot.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Denver has had a good week.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Ingram is so loving slow

I hope you don't really believe this.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Steve Adam's screens are dominant this game, the Lakers aren't strong enough to stop from being bumped out of position.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
drat that Westbrook dunk was too beautiful not to count.

I love the Lakers effort today even if it feels like OKC is gonna ultimately take control of this one.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Not with a head of steam, but his stride length makes him as slow as molasses when he needs to get just a bit further than his arms length

Okay, I can agree with that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lmao Corey Brewer pretending his head got hurt on that block.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lakers hitting 13 threes doesn't happen often. This lineup feels like their most anti-modern NBA but it's been working well.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Can you two kindly tell your favorite team to stop winning

Thank you

Hey I'm going to lose twenty dollars over this.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lmao poor Melo. That just wasn't fair.

Lakers have no idea how to deal with a press.

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean, atleast Brook can hit threes

The fact that he's played heavy minutes tonight is probably a lot to do with the Lakers shooting well.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Imagine being Brook Lopez and being taken out for Corey Brewer for rebounding purposes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Don't ruin my fun story about Corey Brewer being better at rebounding than Lopez.

The Glumslinger posted:

Did they call a foul or something?

Apparently after the clock.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
A company nearby is advertising a "never going out of business sale." HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Kibner posted:

Jazz shooting 89% from three on a huge number of attempts in the first half.

That definitely doesn't help.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Of course the Suns announcers are going to babble about Lonzo Ball all night even though he's not available.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Clarkson getting destroyed by 10 day contract dudes is very him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

xbilkis posted:

This is a real exchange that occurred in the Lakers-Suns broadcast:

"Kristaps Porzingis is out for the year with a torn ACL. Porzingis tearing his knee tonight in the Knicks game."
(not missing a beat) "Right now, the Suns are trying to tear up the Lakers as they take a one point lead!"

drat I muted it because I was working on an audio thing and missed out.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

You guys should really be watching this Lakers game

The dunks :stare:

It’s been really good.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Well I mean good for entertaining offense. No defense.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lakers are 11-3 over the last 15.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

EvanTH posted:

D-Lo's had the yips since he come back to find himself behind Dinwiddie. He's looked like he's trying too hard I don't know how to describe it. Like he's aiming his shots now or something, sure he's gonna lose

He's always been much worse off the bench. It's probably psychological but he's a guy you definitely need to start to get anything out of him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Suns with 5 points with 4 minutes left to go in the first. It's been a rough three quarters for Phoenix.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I feel like the NBA treats Phoenix-LA as an easy trip but even though it's only a 45 minute flight I still feel the same sort of airplane drag on me as like a six hour flight.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Man Booker is so goddamn beat up, I feel bad for him. I hope he gets time to recover but they're near unwatchable without him

Yeah I don't think I can stick through this.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
lmao y'all are missing an Alice Cooper concert during the halftime show of the Suns game. This is certainly something.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

He lived down the road from my parents place in Fountain Hills (on a golf course, of course) and I would see him golfing every weekend, looking fully normal. He's unrecognizable in a lil polo shirt

Yeah they interviewed him in the game and he just seemed really pleasant.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I ended up watching everything but the third quarter, and the Spurs are just so good at tempting teams with open shots that are open for a reason. Suns could not resist those shots and could not make them.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Tony Toni Tone are the half time show at the Dubs game. They don't sound very good :(

I like them a lot but they also were very produced.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
KCP with this inane convo is really ruining my night.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Metapod posted:

Is kcp out of jail yet

He is. He’s actually played very bad since serving his time.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Great dunk by Zubac followed up with a nice block on the other end

While of course I'd rather have Nance, some minutes for Zubac could be good again, I think he's still a great player just needing to be developed.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lmao this story of Shaq kidnapping Kenny Smith's kid rolling into Charles saying, "eh Shaq probably just thought it was one of his 15 kids, I guarantee you he can't name them all anyway" was pretty great.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Is this Jon Barry or Brent Barry or Tim Legler? Which intolerable Barry brother is doing this bad commentary?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lmao people thought Markkanen was just Ryan Anderson

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

AggressivelyStupid posted:

zach lavine is trash

Lmao

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Wolves jersey with Big Baller beanie. Your body to God’s ears.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I've only seen like five Mav games this year and they actually look okay (not great but not bottom five) when Dirk is on the floor, but they generally don't finish him which makes me think maybe Carlisle is in on the tanking.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Doug Bucket throwing it down.

Kuzma has become kind of bad but I'm hoping it's the rookie wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Dutchy posted:

I think the logic is that the crunch time offense runs through Barnes and Dirk's a huge liability defensively and rebounding but the mavs are like 2-50 in clutch games so we may want to rethink things. Or not, whatever

Also in a curious bit of trivia dirk-powell-barea-yogi-devin harris was one of the best five man units in the entire NBA somehow before the Harris trade

I do understand the logic because I mean the Mavs are going to have to figure out something without Dirk someday and I guess it's best to see if it can be Barnes.

• Locked thread