Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

GeneX posted:

the hell does "being presented as" mean? you decided to shove in some jargon about motive and intent when what you meant was, simply, that you thought NGO and TQ were both doing a scummy thing, take at least some responsibility for my confusion

But, like, am I seriously the only one who didn't get it? Because god drat, that would be embarrassing and also kind of stupidly hilarious

No, honestly I think no one got it, which sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

okay but what about the vig thing though, seriously :v:

And how did you have an early "honesty read" on me if my tone was off??

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Everyone was like “YoU sAiD THeY’Re ExAcTLy the SaMe!” and im like listen, fuckwits.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

okay but what about the vig thing though, seriously :v:

And how did you have an early "honesty read" on me if my tone was off??

I’m back at work so I’ll have to get back to you on the “vig thing” as I don’t know what that was.

Also your tone was chiller, off doesn’t mean necessarily bad in this case, just different and worth keeping an eye on (but not building a lovely meta case off of).

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Everyone was like “YoU sAiD THeY’Re ExAcTLy the SaMe!” and im like listen, fuckwits.

I don't think anyone actually said that? Wasn't I the first one to pull you up on it, and I didn't even say that you had said they were "exactly the same", I just openly wondered how the hell you could compare a poster with literally only 6 posts from ages ago to someone who'd been participating with way more white noise. I wondered how you could so vaguely claim any similarity in style and have it mean anything when you hadn't yet spelled out what that particular similarity was.

Then you jumped in asking if I was even feeling okay, cause it was apparently just that ridiculous to you, to have someone not totally psychically read your brain and understand your whole case. To have someone's first thought of their Mafia "style" not jump right to all these presumed hidden intents, but to their posting style, in a game played by posts! That read like a pretty fake reaction, which started the downhill slide.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

See my impression from that was you were being facetious in equating number of posts with theme and intent, AND jumping to the defense of TQ trying to paint him as someone who was contributing when they actually aren’t.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

I’m back at work so I’ll have to get back to you on the “vig thing” as I don’t know what that was.

How can you not even remember the vig thing? It was only what got you to actually drop a vote on me.

Asphyxious posted:

So:

Bifauxnen posted:

Gaspy is still my TOP scum suspect once this Gene stuff is sorted.

Then in response to “who else should we vig?”

Bifauxnen posted:

Asiina is another one I'd suggest, but Hal is good

Boom. Bif is scum fakecasing me but keeping me around for a later lunch.

##vote Bifauxnen

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah yeah, go on just pretending you don't believe I would ever be hesitant to lunch you or want to hold you off for later to keep making good content, or that I wouldn't ever suggest vigging lurkers and saving casing for people who can actually be cased

Asphyxious posted:

Only a poo poo player would want to leave someone they actually thought was scum alive for multiple days and that’s not you. At least now I can finally relax about all that “hmmmm gaspy’s case feels forced hmmmm” bullshit.

King Burgundy posted:

I literally watched Bif suggest your thread should keep caught scum alive in the last game we played. I also watched her debate you and think you were scum for several days straight without acting on it.

This all rings really really false to me considering you lived it, and I was just a bystander for your thread.

Bifauxnen posted:

that is literally what I just did in Shine V :v:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Okay I’ve gone back over your last few posts and I’m still a little confused so maybe you can help me out here. Is “the vig thing” the fact I was annoyed with Juchero vigging a lurker D1? OR is it the fact that I’m annoyed by lurkers day 3 but defensive of them day 1?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Oh that. I dunno. I still kind of don’t know what you and KB are talking about there, I don’t remember you leaving someone you thought was scum alive for days on end, nor could I imagine pointing to anything that happened in shine V as an example of a good idea. Again all I picked up from that was you and KB were falling over yourselves to back each other up while both bizarrely defending a really bad idea. My take was you’d discussed the idea prior and that’s why you were both so quick to come out saying “lol not killing scum is a fantastic idea”.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Deffo time for a lumpenlist though, I’m really looking at today’s content and thinking there’s only about 1/5 as much data as there should be.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

what is the thing he got "caught" about?

Reeve being exclusive to Cait Sith.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I’m rereading the thread, why is Hal dead according to votefinder? Did I miss something?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Asphyxious posted:

I’m rereading the thread, why is Hal dead according to votefinder? Did I miss something?

Shot by Juchero today.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
how did you miss something like that

we had a big knuffle over it

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

:stonklol:

is this like... someone putting a typo into a job ad on purpose to see who spots it?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't know if I just don't like mafia anymore or if a game with multiple scum teams, apparently a million people with vigs and me being VT just isn't interesting to analyze, cause I just don't give a poo poo. There are so many kills I just glaze over them.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Oh yeah I even got pissed about that! gently caress that’s hilarious, I was re-reading Hal and being like hmmm this guy seems super dodgy. With that in mind I might have to rethink my take on Juchero as I probably would have shot Hal too.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

He didn't miss it. He directly quoted it AND the goddamn flip.

Juchero posted:

you are the biggest joker

##blast Hal

Asphyxious posted:

NO. NO NO NO NO NO.

CapitalistPig posted:

Hal Incandenza - Elmyra - Town aligned vanilla was blasted on day 3!

You are Elmyra

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Elmyra

You are town aligned vanilla and win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

The day continues.

Asphyxious posted:

Worthless. Zero data. As picked by Bif. What a loving shock.

Not only that, but he-

Asphyxious posted:

Oh yeah I even got pissed about that! gently caress that’s hilarious, I was re-reading Hal and being like hmmm this guy seems super dodgy. With that in mind I might have to rethink my take on Juchero as I probably would have shot Hal too.

OMFG I'm done, I'm going to bed

##vote Gaspy

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

:stonklol:

is this like... someone putting a typo into a job ad on purpose to see who spots it?

I’m trying to lumpenlist while 3/4 asleep and started re-reading Hal and got all amped for thinking I was onto something and completely forgot he was dead. Two things I’m takinh from this a) I’m too tired to do a proper lumpenlist so I’ll finish it tomorrow and b) Juchero might be more town than I think. Hal honestly looked scummy so I don’t think scum would have picked him.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

loving hell Bif

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i dont suggest playing while half-asleep. bad things happen when you do that :(

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
that was a silly thing to forget but I forgot that two people bit it myself so i really can't judge :blush:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Hello Bif, as your trusty last man standing of the suicide cowboys, I would like to tell you that you should focus your incredible efforts away from gaspy and onto someone else.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Your Personal Muse posted:

Hello Bif, as your trusty last man standing of the suicide cowboys, I would like to tell you that you should focus your incredible efforts away from gaspy and onto someone else.

Is he town?

Who deserves Bif's special attention?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Is he town?

Who deserves Bif's special attention?

Is Bif town? That’s what I’m trying to figure out.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Oh is gaspy town? Yes, as I’ve said before.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Your Personal Muse posted:

Oh is gaspy town? Yes, as I’ve said before.

As a result of a result as you're implying or just your hot take?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Eh, Gaspy's been my top pick for a while, but I'm starting to suspect that he's just posting unfiltered thoughts which is something I do as town, starting to cool a bit on him.

I'm reading Tired Moritz a bit harder and I think there might be something here. Looking at D1 he does a lot of whining about D1 bandwagons (and a lot of shitposting) but there's some other stuff too.

Tired Moritz posted:

yeah, I can see the case on TQ but thats because I feel like only people in the texan thread can make fun of Bif's backstabbing of bminus

Tired Moritz posted:

yeah i dont like that bif and gaspy believe so strongly that tq is scum but they're always like that tbh.

These two posts are 40 minutes apart, if he can see the case being valid why is it suspicious that people accept it? This kind of thing is a running theme in his posting, mainly it seems like he's trying to throw mud at the wall and hope it sticks.

After these its post and posts about killing lurkers (which is slightly :ironicat: since TM is definitely content lurking). I also find his choice of chaoslord when Juchero asked who he should vig to be slightly suspicious. Sure, chaoslord was just the dude at the bottom but he's also kinda known to pop into games later on and I feel like TM would know that.

Tired Moritz posted:

Does anyone cc B-'s flavor claim?

This post is an example of the meaningless content that TM has been spouting. Scum have fake claims, why would any CC a flavor claim? Its just empty posting to look like you're contributing.

The only actual scum calls he's really made are on Asiina, who hasn't really posted much. While I agree thats probably a scum tell for her (and also her vote on LMac when the thread was actively discussing switching to DB might label her Shinra), I think it more points towards TM being a on the Turk team.

##vote Tired Moritz

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I still see Gaspy and would vote. But given how slow the thread is it might be better to go for lurker scum first.

Asiina is an ok choice but she could really just be apathetic town, it's not a sure thing with her old meta anymore. I'd rather not vote in case she gets her mojo back.

I like the tired case above better and also still feel like ngo is a good choice.

##vote tired

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

??????????????!!!!??!???!!!!!????????????????????????????????rolefishing???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Juchero posted:

that was a silly thing to forget but I forgot that two people bit it myself so i really can't judge :blush:

now see, I could buy that - Hal had barely posted, tired Gaspy goes to Lumpenlist, and whoops!

But the "oh I woulda shot him too, because I think he's scummy!" bit, that's so drat nuts after all the big show of disapproval he made about it when Hal actually got shot in front of him. And it's not like it's just cause Hal ended up flipping town. Even when I brought up how I'd suggested Asiina instead, Gaspy said that would be a worthless vig too cause it would tell us nothing. The old "noooo don't kill lurkers they give no info!!" complaint that always drives me freaking nuts. Gaspy was against the whole idea of vigging a lurker to begin with and now he's flip flopping on that?

Gaspy argued against the idea of vigging a lurker at all, as opposed to your strongest active scumread. He even went so far as to say I'd be a poo poo player to suggest that honestly myself! So that was what got him to vote for me cause it must prove I'm scum! This isn't just him forgetting Hal was dead, this is him forgetting his own drat motivations and principles.

I'm sorry YPM, as much as I'd like to take your word for it, I can only rationalise and make excuses for Gaspy so much before the whole fabric of reality starts to freaking break apart.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

For the record, I would need an answer to this question before I'm willing to take YPM's word on Gaspy's alignment.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Deadline is tonight fyi, people should probably get some votes out there.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Truth Quark posted:

Deadline is tonight fyi, people should probably get some votes out there.

uggggggggggggh I do actually like your case on Tired just now, I'd vote him, I just still wanna hear what Gaspy's got to say about my last post.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will vote for anyone for any reason.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Is flerp still in this game? Is he dead? I miss him.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Asiina posted:

Is flerp still in this game? Is he dead? I miss him.

Still alive.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Naaaaaaaaaat don't just only post little pointless stuff like that when you finally show up! :argh:

Do you still think people should vote GeneX today? Who would you be willing to vote besides Gene to secure a lunch today?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Naaaaaaaaaat don't just only post little pointless stuff like that when you finally show up! :argh:

Do you still think people should vote GeneX today? Who would you be willing to vote besides Gene to secure a lunch today?

I'll get to this in a bit Bif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

uggggggggggggh I do actually like your case on Tired just now, I'd vote him, I just still wanna hear what Gaspy's got to say about my last post.

Hello I’m awake now! Yeah it was dumb but I see how it happened, I was going back and reading the whole thread from the beginning (while basically asleep) and the deaths that stuck with me as important were Tithin, DB, gulag, pod, bminus and moat. People who were scum, and town players that got heavily cased as scum. With that mindset I went over it with a fine tooth comb looking for something I might have missed, and in the process completely forgot Hal had been killed because, as I was so annoyed by at the time, his death didn’t mean anything. There’s no data or strong opinions, just lurking and shadethrowing.

What I do take from this though is because on a reread Hal did look on the scummy side of lurking, my impressions about Juchero are probably wrong, as I mentioned before. I still hate vigs being used on lurkers, I’d personally use one late in the game to try to nail scum, and “I guess Juchero is probably not scummy” isn’t a reasonable trade for another whole town life.

• Locked thread