Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hi everyone. It's me, your temporary mod for the next week and also best FF character in the history of FF. If you disagree with me I will mod-kill you.

Please make sure you get your night actions in to me by 11PM EST tonight. I'll process everything and then hopefully have the day started by then. If you get it in sooner that would also be cool for me and my sleep schedule. You can either send me a PM or hit me up on discord, whichever works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
gently caress yes FF8 is the besssst

That bit when Squall gets in the car and bashes the gates down? All the stuff with Laguna?? Unparalleled.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You're both monsters.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Just an FYI, I didn't have any actions forwarded to me by CPig so if you sent your action to him, kindly do the needful and send it to me.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Asiina posted:

You're both monsters.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

.... Whatever.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Max posted:

Hi everyone. It's me, your temporary mod for the next week and also best FF character in the history of FF. If you disagree with me I will mod-kill you.

You cannot make me compromise my principles. It's Cecil. Bring it.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Bifauxnen posted:

its clearly buttz

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

It's Celes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Where da game at?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

Where da game at?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8-CSDeeVtI

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

This game is awesome.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

IllegallySober posted:

This game is awesome.

MOG IS DEAD.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

MOG IS DEAD.

I prefer the Mag=Ultimecia theory myself

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Best FF character is Yoshi.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Asiina posted:

Best FF character is Yoshi.

I think you'll find it is that guy in the green tunic. You know, Zelda.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Mithross posted:

I think you'll find it is that guy in the green tunic. You know, Zelda.

?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

nah, with that face tattoo that must be Anidav

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Cloud and sephiroth were friends?? How did I miss this? I didn’t think Sephiroth had friends!

Also it’s time for a *~*Flashback*~*

Oh also the city they’re in right now, Kalm? Super pretty. Love all the building/room design here. Just lovely.

THERE HE IS! The man himself in all his lumpy glory! So dreamy!

Cloud thinks so too, apparently. Tone it down a smidge, buddy.

So what we find out here is when there are issues with Mako reactors, monsters start showing up all over the place. SOLDIER was sent to Nibenhem (Nibelheim?) to investigate a dodgy reactor, and Cloud’s just super excited to be going home snd hanging out with his best bud Sephiroth. Also the town scout is Tifa! Everyone’s here!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

We get a lovely bit about how mako works, what Materia actually is, who the ancients were etc. I honestly love this, an explanation of the *deep lore* behind the in game system is always fun, like the way in FF8 where it turned out Junctioning (:argh:) was actually a super important plot point because it erases your memories and sense of self to bond with a guardian. Top stuff!

Now I’m no anime expert but I’m pretty sure when poo poo starts looking all Otomo then nothing good can happen. This backdrop is fantastic, and this scene is kinda amazing. Sephiroth finds all these containers filled with people being fused with Mako (birthed from mako? It’s not clear) and starts to complete lose his poo poo.

Cloud is shocked at what he sees and he’s a mix of “what the hell is going on??” with a bit of “this is awful!” mixed in.

Sephiroth stars angsting our hard, saying he’s just like these monsters “or worse,” and stats lashing out at the pods...

...causing the monsters to come out!

Then the game was like “want to stay in the flashback or save the game and take a break?” and I couldn’t mash “take a break” hard enough.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asphyxious posted:

Then the game was like “want to stay in the flashback or save the game and take a break?” and I couldn’t mash “take a break” hard enough.

:same: :agreed: :yeah:

Spoilers, don't read, seriously:

I never make it through this part on replays because it's so long and you're going to see it all again later and IT'S ALL loving LIES ANYWAY!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

All actions are in. I’m eating dinner and will get everyone their results after I’m done.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:siren:

Everyone chilled out at Casa Del Sol, relaxing in the sun and generally not murdering each other.

No one died Night 3!

It is now Day 4. Deadline is Wednesday, February 14th at 11PM.

Because no one died, no Materia dropped and thus, there will be no minigame.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (14): Anomalous Amalgam, Asiina, Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, flerp, GeneX, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, Mithross, Natural 20, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Tobbs Gnawed, Truth Quark, Your Personal Muse

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 14th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

No one died, so no materia dropped and no mini game will take place.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Exciting.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Wheeee

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Any fun night stuff to share? For example, assume the lack of kills is partially attributable to Gene's jail?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Fixed Votefinder. Juch was a spectator for some reason.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Weren’t we looking at 3-4 night kills? That’s a lot of A+ blocking there.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Went from too many kills to no kills.

rip

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

:thinking:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

and maybe people actually being limited in their vij shots like they claimed. And maybe the scum teams alternating.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
It probably also helps that a lot of our 2-shot vigs are now 0-shot vigs.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

This game is frickin' weird. I have no idea how to parse a no-death night in context with everything else that's happened.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Truth Quark posted:

or dead-shot vigs (sorry moat)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Truth Quark posted:

Reasonable point.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asphyxious posted:

Well, Moat is dead, I'm out of vigs, that leaves Nat20? Depending on what he rolled or whatever.

So only two scum kills, or one, if they are alternating nights, to get blocked last night.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

and maybe people actually being limited in their vij shots like they claimed. And maybe the scum teams alternating.

Oh yeah there was a theory the scums have alternating night kills wasn’t there. Okay so maybe not that weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
yawn

• Locked thread