Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'll vote mith. They ping me as lurking scum. As I mentioned before, forgot they were even in this game. Are they hated? Have they avoided it by showing up at deadlines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

heads up, my next post is gonna be a GOOD one

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Do you nerds think it might be worth it to full claim? I think a mass claim might help clear things up a bit.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh hey, first off, some of you wanna unvote Asiina while we talk over some very important stuff!

Next up - mason chat.

It would be better for the mason leader/recruiter to be doing this himself, but with only 8 hours left, and me possibly being distracted right around deadline (got an appointment that starts right at deadline, I'll prolly be waiting around with time to phonepost just before, but may be busy driving in the leadup to it) it's better to out this sooner than later. They've been mentioning outing our masonry earlier today, which I was against unless we had any reason to have to. But now they brought it up again so we could "save Mithross". I'm not sure whether Mithross should be saved, but I agree that we should out our information so we can have a proper discussion where y'all fully understand the factors involved. So if he's got any second thoughts, he shouldn't have dropped that in the chat then buggered off. :colbert:

I'll wait a little longer to spoil ALL the details, but I was recruited into a masonry that included Mithross from the start. Mithross has privately claimed a valuable role. However there has been no payoff to this powerful role. Also Mithross has been nearly as quiet in masonchat as he has been in thread. Tobbs openly suspected Mithross in our chat, as well. I thought the others did too and we were just hoping to see if his role either helped out or got him caught somehow.

fake edit: oh good, maybe TQ can say some more

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i am barret

fullclaim done

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

oh hey, first off, some of you wanna unvote Asiina while we talk over some very important stuff!

Next up - mason chat.

It would be better for the mason leader/recruiter to be doing this himself, but with only 8 hours left, and me possibly being distracted right around deadline (got an appointment that starts right at deadline, I'll prolly be waiting around with time to phonepost just before, but may be busy driving in the leadup to it) it's better to out this sooner than later. They've been mentioning outing our masonry earlier today, which I was against unless we had any reason to have to. But now they brought it up again so we could "save Mithross". I'm not sure whether Mithross should be saved, but I agree that we should out our information so we can have a proper discussion where y'all fully understand the factors involved. So if he's got any second thoughts, he shouldn't have dropped that in the chat then buggered off. :colbert:

I'll wait a little longer to spoil ALL the details, but I was recruited into a masonry that included Mithross from the start. Mithross has privately claimed a valuable role. However there has been no payoff to this powerful role. Also Mithross has been nearly as quiet in masonchat as he has been in thread. Tobbs openly suspected Mithross in our chat, as well. I thought the others did too and we were just hoping to see if his role either helped out or got him caught somehow.

fake edit: oh good, maybe TQ can say some more

So you and TQ and Mith are in a masonry together?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I'm now absolutely furious that I wasn't part of mason funtime.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I looked over Mithross's post history and see very little substance and one very late terrible joke post.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Natural 20 posted:

I'm now absolutely furious that I wasn't part of mason funtime.

They didn't want Jafar coming in to mess everything up :banjo:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Bif, without necessarily revealing who, how many living players are in your masonry?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

IllegallySober posted:

Bif, without necessarily revealing who, how many living players are in your masonry?

4. it got as high as 5 before Tobbs died.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

4. it got as high as 5 before Tobbs died.

Starting to make a lot more sense why this thread's been quiet if y'all could just chat there.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Asiina, if you are town can you please just give us a lumpenlist or something, goddamn. Even if you haven't been paying attention just a quick gut read on who sounds fulla poo poo might be genuinely nice after all this night action bingo.

A randomly generated list would be about as useful as any kind of lumpenlist I could make. Like I don't see how it would be at all meaningful for when I flip VT.

Looking at Nat20's nice bunch of posts, I could not have told you 90% of that information about claims or results. I don't know if his logic is off somewhere, but assuming that it's fine, then I'll vote for IS or Mith.

I was trying to think about claims and the only thing I really have in my favour is I claimed VT on D3 which is pretty bold since you know I'm likely not a ninja since two ninjas flipped. That's really all I got.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

IllegallySober posted:

Starting to make a lot more sense why this thread's been quiet if y'all could just chat there.

well I've still been posting here plenty. :colbert:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

well I've still been posting here plenty. :colbert:

Yes but you're a giant posting machine.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sad I missed mason fun.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Asiina posted:

Sad I missed mason fun.

Uh, why? You haven't been engaged at all what would a mason chat have changed about it?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also I'm Shera and VT.

I think I claimed my flavour before but can't remember. She's Cid's girlfriend.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Truth Quark posted:

Uh, why? You haven't been engaged at all what would a mason chat have changed about it?

I like masonries, they make me feel special. Also having literally anything to do this goddamn game would have been nice.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'll post more deets later but I am phone bound. I am not convinced Mithross is not scum but he has a pretty pro town role.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Asiina posted:

I like masonries, they make me feel special. Also having literally anything to do this goddamn game would have been nice.

You are an experienced mafia player, you know that VT is the most common role. I really don't buy this as anything more than an act.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Natural 20 posted:

IS has been part of the push on Asiina today, positing perhaps that she's KB's partner. There's some solid enough meta reasoning here based on past knowledge of KB, it's not going to shake the earth, but I give it some credit as an argument with a decent substantiation. Subsequent to my claims that I thought Asiina was town there's been gentle poking on me about where my vote would go. If I had to say something was suspicious it would be a failure to engage with Asiina's reasoning on her exhaustion with the game. Especially considering the most recent IS post dictating that he's not enjoying it all that much either. Whilst a failure to adapt a claim quickly is usually a black mark it's honestly not all that bad and he's also at work, so I would imagine a more substantive counter will show later.

I'm leaning town on IS for the moment.

Nat20, I'm not entirely sure what you're going for in the bolded above. Asiina's stated she felt disengaged from the game and hasn't been able to get into it. I'd have rather not been VT so I can understand that perspective, but have been trying to engage (particularly today) despite that. I'm not sure how my "case" (it's really more of a theory) on Asiina is supposed to change in light of her stating that. It's not new information and her defense to this point has been :shrug: .

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Asiina posted:

I was trying to think about claims and the only thing I really have in my favour is I claimed VT on D3 which is pretty bold since you know I'm likely not a ninja since two ninjas flipped.

Oh hey, you showed up while I was typing.

I don't follow your logic here. Why would that be a bold claim?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Truth Quark posted:

I'll post more deets later but I am phone bound. I am not convinced Mithross is not scum but he has a pretty pro town role.

Hopefully "later" will still be in enough time before deadline and/or hammer, yes? :)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

You are an experienced mafia player, you know that VT is the most common role. I really don't buy this as anything more than an act.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

IllegallySober posted:

Oh hey, you showed up while I was typing.

I don't follow your logic here. Why would that be a bold claim?

Trackers/Watchers exist and it's highly unlikely I'm a ninja, so if I am scum it means I can never be caught going anywhere or else I'd be boned immediately.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I never said it was just cause I was VT, I was saying it was a combination of that plus multiple scum teams so scumhunting is extra difficult, lots of people claiming kills, and Australians posting a lot while I'm asleep so it felt like there was always a massive amounts of posts to come back to.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Attitudes can have multiple causes.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Asiina posted:

Trackers/Watchers exist and it's highly unlikely I'm a ninja, so if I am scum it means I can never be caught going anywhere or else I'd be boned immediately.

Okay, I see that point, although I suspect you for 3P, not scum :v: That said, you've been quiet enough to this point that I don't think you'd have been first on the list for targeting by tracker/watcher.

It's also theoretically possible you have a role that doesn't require you to move/visit, isn't it?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

might be ages till Mithross shows, if ever, so let's finish this up, sorry it's been taking a while, had to give Minifauxnen some breakfast and she is annoyed that I am distracted with Mafia

The masonry started with TQ, the recruiter, who claims to be Choco Bill. The other mason member was Mithross, who claims to be Choco Billy. The flavor of our masonry is the Chocobo Ranch. TQ has been far more talkative in masonry and sounds townie to me, also I think mason recruiter would be a weird role to give scum in this setup, especially since it would be awfully unfair to the scum team that doesn't have one. Maaaybe there coulda been a Jenova cult but my alignment is unchanged. :cheeky:

On N1, TQ recruited me. The plan was to recruit me then KB, but Moat's flipped forced us to reconsider so on N2, TQ recruited Tobbs. Then YPM softclaimed and TQ recruited him next on N3.

Mithross has claimed watcher and as much as that is a wonderful role for town, I do find it a bit suspicious that such a valuable role was given to an NPC like Choco Billy. So far, all NPC's have flipped vanilla, and all special roles have been either main character PC's or scum. Mason Bill as a mason recruiter I can accept more easily for the special mason flavor.

On N1, Mithross claims to have watched KB with no visitors. He didn't claim this straight away, wanting to get a bit more comfortable first with the idea of me being town.

On N2, Mithross claimed visiting GeneX, which made everyone very suspicious of Mithross for a while since he didn't die. He also theorized that some bulletproof scum coulda come to kill GeneX even though he'd already claimed he only saw B- visiting...? He wasn't making much sense but seemed to be just as confused about the N2 Gene business as we were. And then GeneX claimed the counter only works on the first person to visit him, according to some rule of operations poo poo. If Mithross flips scum I got no idea if he could be in cahoots with GeneX... you'd think they'd work out their claims more ahead of time to match up, but Mithross seems to be geninely busy and distracted a lot of the time so he coulda screwed up as scum.

On N3, after YPM softclaimed, naturally Mithross watched him. He saw only himself and GeneX visit YPM. So if GeneX and Mithross aren't on the same scumteam, Gene's mime visit to YPM was probably legit.

N4 and N5, Mithross continued to watch YPM, with no other visitors except himself.

I can't help but wonder if Mithross is scum and the reason he hasn't killed YPM is cause he's claimed watcher and is thus stuck watching the cop to prove his townieness. No idea why the other team wouldn't have killed YPM instead, though. Unless AA is scum, who genuinely never noticed!! :v:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

This is the worst post.

If I WERE scum, this is how I'd do it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
like just say, I'm not a ninja, not highly unlikely. wtf.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

IllegallySober posted:

Okay, I see that point, although I suspect you for 3P, not scum :v: That said, you've been quiet enough to this point that I don't think you'd have been first on the list for targeting by tracker/watcher.

It's also theoretically possible you have a role that doesn't require you to move/visit, isn't it?

Sure, it's possible. I mean it's not possible because I know what I am and I don't have a power role, but from your POV sure.

Also I wouldn't be the targeted one for watcher, so arguments about me trying not to get targeted don't really matter too much.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I don't know if you noticed but we already had 2 ninjas flip, so I think that was some dry sarcasm.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't know if you noticed but we already had 2 ninjas flip, so I think that was some dry sarcasm.

And we've had a poo poo load of vigs. I don't know the setup or how this is balanced. Sarcasm or not, after not saying anything for so long it doesn't look good

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

might be ages till Mithross shows, if ever, so let's finish this up, sorry it's been taking a while, had to give Minifauxnen some breakfast and she is annoyed that I am distracted with Mafia

The masonry started with TQ, the recruiter, who claims to be Choco Bill. The other mason member was Mithross, who claims to be Choco Billy. The flavor of our masonry is the Chocobo Ranch. TQ has been far more talkative in masonry and sounds townie to me, also I think mason recruiter would be a weird role to give scum in this setup, especially since it would be awfully unfair to the scum team that doesn't have one. Maaaybe there coulda been a Jenova cult but my alignment is unchanged. :cheeky:

On N1, TQ recruited me. The plan was to recruit me then KB, but Moat's flipped forced us to reconsider so on N2, TQ recruited Tobbs. Then YPM softclaimed and TQ recruited him next on N3.

Mithross has claimed watcher and as much as that is a wonderful role for town, I do find it a bit suspicious that such a valuable role was given to an NPC like Choco Billy. So far, all NPC's have flipped vanilla, and all special roles have been either main character PC's or scum. Mason Bill as a mason recruiter I can accept more easily for the special mason flavor.

On N1, Mithross claims to have watched KB with no visitors. He didn't claim this straight away, wanting to get a bit more comfortable first with the idea of me being town.

On N2, Mithross claimed visiting GeneX, which made everyone very suspicious of Mithross for a while since he didn't die. He also theorized that some bulletproof scum coulda come to kill GeneX even though he'd already claimed he only saw B- visiting...? He wasn't making much sense but seemed to be just as confused about the N2 Gene business as we were. And then GeneX claimed the counter only works on the first person to visit him, according to some rule of operations poo poo. If Mithross flips scum I got no idea if he could be in cahoots with GeneX... you'd think they'd work out their claims more ahead of time to match up, but Mithross seems to be geninely busy and distracted a lot of the time so he coulda screwed up as scum.

On N3, after YPM softclaimed, naturally Mithross watched him. He saw only himself and GeneX visit YPM. So if GeneX and Mithross aren't on the same scumteam, Gene's mime visit to YPM was probably legit.

N4 and N5, Mithross continued to watch YPM, with no other visitors except himself.

I can't help but wonder if Mithross is scum and the reason he hasn't killed YPM is cause he's claimed watcher and is thus stuck watching the cop to prove his townieness. No idea why the other team wouldn't have killed YPM instead, though. Unless AA is scum, who genuinely never noticed!! :v:

There's a lot to digest here. Thank you for the info.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm trying to show things that are verifiable in the thread because you don't all have my role PM. I can say I'm whatever the hell I want, but there's nothing that makes it believable other than information we have on other players.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Asiina posted:

Also I wouldn't be the targeted one for watcher, so arguments about me trying not to get targeted don't really matter too much.

Correct, I did not have that particular piece of logic squared away in my brain. Thanks. It would just apply to tracker.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I visited YPM N4.

Jail Pod ->Jail Bif ->mime Nat 20 -> mime YPM -> cop TQ

I was under the distinct impression that YPM copped Asiina, got a scum result, and thus voted for her vaguely, trying his best not to fullclaim (because, as AA demonstrated and/or lied about, it’s possible people may not have caught it, even after you made it blatant); is that inaccurate?

Because I’d rather vote for a copped scum result, but a lying watcher is nearly as bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GeneX posted:

I was under the distinct impression that YPM copped Asiina, got a scum result, and thus voted for her vaguely, trying his best not to fullclaim

YPM did not cop Asiina, which greatly disappointed me. I won't say who he copped last night cause we might be able to hold that to our chest so scum don't know who else looks cleared.

• Locked thread