Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Replacement list please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Greetings. I am in this game now.

Reading things.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
So the two lynch leaders are "lurker" cases??? And then some drama between bif and mac, and some apparent "rudeness".

The cases are poo poo.

Lurking is bad and all, and NGO is the worse of the two WRT "lurking", but eh...

It's a bad and lazy vote when there are 28 pages of poo poo posts.

Bif and Gaspy are suspicious for riding Juchero hard on the dayvig.

Dayvigs are meant to be used in the way Juchero used them. It has to be at least like a 6 to 10 ratio for nailing town as opposed to scum.

Pod spent time talking meta which I didn't like, but he didn't get into that faux-authority place that scum trying too hard to be town get too.

If we're voting for lack of content and lurker, I'd take NGO over Mac just because Mac was more involved.

I feel the Mac v. Bif, etc. is just town slapping, but you know...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Are we really trying to flavor solve poo poo?!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

then why weren't you voting him till hammertime?

Weird post.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

When did AA replace in? I know he was a replacement so holding him to the same posting standard is a little ehhhh to me.

Eh I'm still getting caught up. Was active in fate, but died, and yesterday was just a crummy day for me.

In better spirits, sorry for the lovely tag posts before.

Some quick unsupported opinions while I'm still reading the last 47 posts.

Moat for shinra
Gaspy for turk
GeneX maybe turk

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

flerp posted:

do u think moat is shinra despite voting for db b early on (he was 4th or 5th vote on him iirc) and also voting 4 tithin?

I mixed up moat and gene on my list.

Also gulag for most hilarious this game. Working, game later.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

how are these two players possible to mix up, not evem autocorrect could explain it

wow KB killed a scum and claimed the kill when it looks like a double kill that couldve been counterclaimed if he was scum killing the other faction and you're still casing him? Unless you think he's Sephiroth or something, but 3 anti-town kills a night seems a bit much. Also his content is good.

Yes that is what everyone is already assuming thank you, great casework though

and it was more of an incorrect and misleading and incomprehensible breadcrumb than a harmless breadcrumb btw

Was phone posting in the park on my phone. That's a weird thing to harp on.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Beekeeper, you locked in a protect on bif during jokephase???

##vote Beekeeper

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

what, that one comment about you mixing up those player names? As you can see in the rest of your untrimmed quote, I went on to talk a lot more about way more interesting stuff so its ~weeeeeeiiird~ of you to call it "harping"

Hmmm I feel like words with you get misinterpreted easily or I'm just using not the best choice of words, I talk and play like scum.

But I'm well intentioned!

*extends a gentle, reassuring hand*

Friends?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

dont make me pull up dictionary.com to look like a pedantic rear end in a top hat, friend!

Lol I'm not being facetious, why did I roll scum in life?!

Still pending cases, but bee looks best for obvious reasons. Still feel alignment wary of moat, gasp, and gene

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Eh a reread of beamin' seems genuine and organic although weird. I mean I guess I've done dumber things myself.

##vote Moat

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

flerp posted:

hey bminus plz answer this question you conviently skipped over ty

He announced it the next day though, he only made the post that was allegedly a hint.

If you're trying to fault his logic that's one thing, but I feel like this argument is a misrepresentation.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

He announced it the next day though, he only made the post that was allegedly a hint.

If you're trying to fault his logic that's one thing, but I feel like this argument is a misrepresentation.

Like he claimed to prot. Bif d2, after weird d1 comment, but that you're town could have been ambiguous. I didn't think he actually meant bif.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Boss makes a dollar, and I make a dime that's why i shitpost on company time, but time to close out this day. Byeeee

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

what do you mean, he didnt actually mean me? wha? :confused:

When he first posted that remark about so long as you're town

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Like his explanation of everything exists in d2

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

and yes he did announce it D1, he said I would live to see the next day. Like KB, I also thought at the time that he must've meant either a brutal cop or some sort of protective role. But I couldn't see why he'd actually announce either so I thought he might be pulling gambit poo poo.

Then I guess I'm the only one who looked at it as a general statement. That's on me I suppose. I thought he was just being funny, and now that he's explained it I didn't think his rationale needed explanation, only that the excuse logically flowed and made sense in a way that didn't seem constructed.

I believe his claim, and I think trying to figure out why he thinks they way he does is a bad avenue of discussion, and seemingly doesn't contribute anything.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tired Moritz posted:

I believe it but its making me think that bminus is not a good player

I am not a good player, which is why I definitely believe it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Seems too dumb to be scumb, and specific if what he's claiming is true. That'd be a nuanced setup, and not a good one.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

This post is weird, can you explain why this becomes a "nuanced setup" or whatever? More importantly would you expect an FFVII mafia game to be anything but nuanced?

A weird thing to jump on. About to drive to pick up wife, but like if he was setting up a crumb and action to fall back on, why do it poorly and awkwardly? I don't think this is an example of scum getting caught out in lies or anything, or even being artificial.

That's why I don't think trying to understand his thought process here matters when his explanation of everything made sense. I dunno... could just be me. :shrug:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Truth Quark posted:

Understand other players thought processes is literally Mafia 101

Ok, but this isn't helpful at all. Y'know???

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Time to drive. BYEEEEE

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

flerp posted:

yeah ok ##vote bminus

lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'll vote beemen if it comes down to it, but more interested in moat or gene

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I guess I'm just bad, wrong and incomprehensible.

Still I'll continue to try...

I'm not saying that we should abandon trying to determine player motive altogether.

It's just that b-min's explanation of what they did seemed sufficient.

I feel like analysis of this specific behavior from him won't result in anything logical and will only continue to make him look worse.

I mean haven't you all acted illogically in a mafia game before, or are you all perfectly understood, perfectly sensible super detectives at all time? :v:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asphyxious posted:

SCUM! SCUM! SCUM! SCUM! SCUM! SCUM! SCUM!

##vote bminus

This is a bad vote.

Day 1, Gaspy is siding with Beemen on the unpopular no lynch being a viable move for the end of that day, but without any mention of him until he comes under fire by KB.

KB's post is also weird for the reason that he says he picks up a brutalcop softclaim, but that lends itself to speculation entirely. I mean even if the crumb could be interpreted as such, hinging suspicion on that in combination with perceived shifts in the claim seems more dangerous than not.

Gaspy places his SCUM! vote, but doesn't do anything to substantiate it outside of the contexts of other player's cases.

Asphyxious posted:

Hey I want you dead too. Rude.

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah if people picked up a cop softclaim and didn’t kill him, that’s a bit weird. Another point in KB’s favour.

This is bad too. I mean how many people aside from Bif and KB call his crumb a brutal cop claim?

Bifauxnen posted:

and yes he did announce it D1, he said I would live to see the next day. Like KB, I also thought at the time that he must've meant either a brutal cop or some sort of protective role. But I couldn't see why he'd actually announce either so I thought he might be pulling gambit poo poo.

Even here, Bif admits she thought it could have been some other protective role.

With no guarantee of him being a cop or having just some protective role, or better yet because it's true in the context of the game day, any idea about his role at all, why would scum target him?

He made a loud crumb during jokephase, claims it to have been a legitimate crumb, and I feel like the cases on him rely on perceived contradictions in the claim, his lack of judgment and his possible power role.

The fullclaim comes day 2, but even then. If he seemed dangerous, why would scum bank a move on him?

I don't think Bif, Gaspy and KB are scum, but I think at least one of them are almost guaranteed to be scum.

I think gaspy looks the worst.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

interesting thoughts on flerp Gaspy, but how you feeling about TQ now?

Yeah, the tunnel just disappears.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

I like where you ended up at the end of this post with suspecting Gaspy, but I don't get this point at all. I don't even think it's scummy it just BUGS ME so I have to post it

"Man, this guy coulda had Super Valuable Townie Role A *OR* Super Valuable Townie Role B so why would scum target him?!"

whaaaaat

The point you have problems with, what i meant was that he made himself sound potentially dangerous to scum in an ambiguous way. It didn't even sound protective at first because I didn't take you're to mean you, and as such, I felt like he was threatening the scum in joke phase which usually is just garbage.

I don't see why scum would prioritize him.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

Can you elaborate on your thoughts re: GeneX? This kind of came out of nowhere.

I kind of need to back pedal. I originally had my list order right, with the nod to Gene possibly as turk, Moat as possible Shinra. Moat may not be scum, and I'd be ok switching off of him if someone else I found scummy became the target.

The nod to Gene as turk hinges entirely on a comment from Gulag and how he was digging into to tithin, and rereading it, it is not the subtle communication I thought it was.

It's weak.

That whole post was weak, which is why I apologized for my drive by posts.

I started playing the game today. It doesn't excuse the bad posts leading up to today, but I just wasn't in a good headspace to play any yesterday and was involved with Fate stuff(which I also subbed into).

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Eh, Hal is lurking sure, but I'd much rather not lurker lynch today when there are better players to test.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I mean, admittedly I was lurking from the time of my replacement until mid-day 2 sooo... can't really talk.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah

lots of better players

who are playing

I think you broke this up for emphasis, but I'm having trouble parsing.

Hal always lurks.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tired Moritz posted:

very sad that mommy is trying to kill daddy

lmao

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't think b min is scum because he legit didn't know db was scum from his quote case?

King Burgundy posted:

Now here is some content from this game to look at:

So he appears to be suspicious of YPM.

But he hasn't said anything about anyone's alignment since, and when prompted says:

---

Surely other people see this right?

Like the suspicion on YPM seems to stem from his empty vote. Not a great case, but I mean there's no way he and DB were on the same team.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Could be other scum, but ehhhh

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think this is not a slam dunk on beelord

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Your Personal Muse posted:

I think his point is that he says I’m the worst (true) but then says his suspicion is on flerp who also made an empty vote. It’s internally inconsistent.

Worst in those votes, but the flerp part follows on its own, later.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Yeah, those are on two different irl days. Why does he HAVE to have the same read on ypm, when he he really just said you were worst WRT his vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

We can only see what happens in the thread. He wasn't giving us actual reads in thread. One of his only reads was that YPM was potentially scum. When asked to follow up on who he thinks is scum later, he says maybe flerp.

If you don't see the problem here, I don't know what to tell you.

Look, he just responded again and still doesn't answer, instead he's getting indignant and STILL NOT ANSWERING. He's made a habit of not actually answering questions. I can quote a few more if you need me to.

This behavior happens so often in the game of mafia though, I feel like it's singled out to corner b min. I really don't think he's the scum here.

He listed 3 potential people to look into, and then got grilled so obviously his opinion will shift.

I don't know, I've been his position all too often, and I feel like I get dismissed anyhow so his play reads as genuine to me.

• Locked thread