Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So late.

But if this is true:

Max posted:

ACTUALLY!

I will not play in this game. Not because of other people though, don’t worry.

I'll take his spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

You are in from Max stepping out

Yay!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Confirming I don't know what a doom house is.

Also that the forums suck.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Confirming also doom house

Asiina posted:

I don't know my character, and I would have known if I was a doom house, so bad game, ragequit, gg, etc.

Lying scum.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I didn't know there was a clown guy in this game. Kefir or something, that's me.

Are you trying to do the purple mantis thing again? Inf isn't in this game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

b-minus1 posted:

Why hasn’t the day started?

Cpig is lazy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

wait you say it with a hard g? I always think it should be "vij" as in the original full name of "vigilante"

but then you get to talking about plurals like "vigs" and I dont know any more

I definitely say it with hard g.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asphyxious posted:

DayVij sounds dumb as hell what the poo poo Bif

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Vijes instead of Vigs is also especially cringeworthy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

tithin posted:

Wrong

Bif is the person who becomes state governer and commissars her hand picked ally

This.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

KB also please post enough for me to know if you are scum because Hal isn't in this game and I only have two reasonably accurate scumdars.

I'll try. But I got pretty used to sitting back and watching others in shine. Unless they were super wrong. It was awesome and effective.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

already making excuses for lurking

##vote KB

jokephase over, it's been fun everybody

When not actually lurking? Interesting.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm here now. Gonna catch up. Who dem scums be?

It you.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Is ff7 actually good? Like not nostalgia good but if released today good? Curious if it should be on my play list. Not that that means anything with how backlogged I am.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Podima posted:

It's got a lot of stuff that didn't age super duper well, but I think it's worth playing for the iconic aspect. I would just say don't be afraid to play using a spoiler-free guide so that you can cut out some of the pointless wandering - it IS a JRPG, after all.

Got it. Added super low on my list.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Podima posted:

do you actually have a list, and if so i want to see it

It's all mental. Top part of the list is filled with actual game backlog that I already own. It's hard when I'm still playing stuff like zelda botw which are like a million hours.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

b-minus1 posted:

I already did a thing and I’ve got good news. As long as you’re not scum you’re gonna live to see another day

I'm excited to see the results of this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I can see TQ. Doesn't seem like the town TQ I just played with.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tith seeming the most scummy tho currently. Woah guys! Votes are outta control!

##vote tithin

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Sup Tobbs?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

i don't believe you actually see that at all

Cool. Do something about it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

tithin posted:

Like, if we had <24 hours left, sure, we gotta dunk someone, I just don't see the point in ending the day early when there's shitloads of time left to interact. this aint a soldiers game where the thread stays open when we dunk someone - we dunk someone, thread done until the next day.

But how were we anywhere near this? It's not like anyone was legit about to be cuddled.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

tithin posted:

No you're right, but it was something I saw and was like "hmm, I don't like this" because it could easily have gone from "not even close" to "slam dunk"

enough fake pressure becomes real pressure eventually, if that makes sense?

Hmmm. I mean, I understand what you are saying here. But it didn't feel like that is what you were saying to me at all. I just reread the sequence and it definitely comes off as, "hey folks, too early to be actually playing mafia".

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BTW, I thought Gaspy was Venom Soag? Is Asphy also Venom Soag? Or did I just misunderstand people calling him that in Soldiers?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Nah disagree TQ. Asphyxious reads more to me like scum afraid to commit to an opinion because that draws attention to you.

Can you point out the posts that make you think this? And/or confirm you have the names where you intend them to be in this post?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Only after Bif said it was ok.

Ah, I get it now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

That combined with the super Mafia Dadding earlier was what got my attention, but overall his play does seem a bit too carefree and brazen for me to feel sure about it being scummy. It does feel a bit more jestery, like you pointed out, except it always bugs me when people bringing up jesters too often, cause they are hardly ever actually in Mafia games.

Yeah, thought about bringing it up, but didn't for this reason.

This is a Pig game though. So. Wouldn't rule it out.

I agree that his play seems different.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Your Personal Muse posted:

It’s difficult to explain, but yes, partly. He weirdly unvoted me d0 because of my “claim”. I can totally see him thinking I’m a cop and thinking I randomly voted him because of a n0 cop, and just hoping that it was a joke.

Basically, his posting today, I think, was at least in part designed to nullify any cop claim made against him.

I mean, never for a minute did I think you were really a cop based on your posting.

But I guess it's not impossible he did. Tobbs believes some crazy things sometimes. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

btw I've said this before and I'll say it again, I just love how people often tell me this when I'm casing somebody but every single time I wanna just lunch a lurker instead, "oh noooo, thats lazy, we'll get no information!!" :argh:

This is something I would never say at least. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

well it was the first case on D1. It could very well be total crap. I'm way more interested right now in Pod claiming to have skimmed over it. If I'm wrong about TQ I could totally see a scum Pod thinking it was safe to just brush it all off with a "TQ seems fine" but then having to go back and check himself when I complained about it.

My first read of Pod as it happened was towny, but the skim thing is definitely interesting.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

I hope it's a dayvij instead of a dayvig

Can we vig vij?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hey Bif, have you said what you think of tith? Phone posting or I'd look.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I think my thoughts are out there on the top contenders already. I'd also be down for voting anyone who doesn't have any thoughts out there as we get closer to deadline. Lurkers/Content lurkers/etc. This game has no lurker rules, so we have to self police.

I have D&D tonight, so if we can consolidate earlier than actual deadline rather than scrambling at the last minute, that would also be cool.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

Tobbs Gnawed (3): Your Personal Muse, flerp, Moatillata, Truth Quark, Truth Quark, flerp, Moatillata, Juchero, GulagDolls, Bifauxnen, flerp, Tobbs Gnawed, Bifauxnen, Juchero, Tobbs Gnawed
Podima (3): GeneX, GeneX, Bifauxnen, Juchero, GeneX
Truth Quark (2): Anomalous Amalgam, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
flerp (2): chaoslord, Dick Bastardly
tithin (2): King Burgundy, Tobbs Gnawed, Asiina, Tobbs Gnawed, Asiina, Asiina
Bifauxnen (1): Truth Quark, IllegallySober, Little Mac, Truth Quark, flerp, GeneX, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, flerp, GeneX, IllegallySober
Moatillata (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
NevergirlsOFFICIAL (1): Truth Quark
Mithross (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
King Burgundy (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Your Personal Muse (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Asiina, Truth Quark, Asiina, Truth Quark
Asphyxious (0): GulagDolls, Truth Quark, GulagDolls, Truth Quark

Not Voting (10): b-minus1, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, Mithross, Moatillata, Natural 20, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Podima, Tired Moritz, tithin

With 25 alive, it's 13 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 05th, 2018 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 9 hours, 28 minutes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So looking at that list. I'd still prefer Tithin to the others I think. But I can see the arguments for Tobbs/Pod/TQ. Of those three, I'd probably still lean TQ the hardest.

I'd have no interest in voting Flerp or Bif.

Of the lurkers being voted, Moat and Never, I have no strong preference but would have no problem voting either.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

but man, if Gaspy wasn't worth keeping around longer to bus all his scumbros I'd totally wanna go for it for this post:

lol not just literal, but HYPER literal! Interpreting "same style of play" to mean "posting in a similar way, in this game which is played by posting" is just that far beyond reason!!

I agree with you here. I really don't see how you get any motive/style of play at all out of NGO's posts, and the further explanations don't really follow for me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 1

NevergirlsOFFICIAL (5): Truth Quark, b-minus1, tithin, Bifauxnen, Juchero
Tobbs Gnawed (3): Your Personal Muse, flerp, Moatillata, Truth Quark, Truth Quark, flerp, Moatillata, Juchero, GulagDolls, Bifauxnen, flerp, Tobbs Gnawed, Bifauxnen, Juchero, Tobbs Gnawed
tithin (3): King Burgundy, Tobbs Gnawed, Asiina, Tobbs Gnawed, Asiina, Asiina, Tobbs Gnawed
Truth Quark (2): Anomalous Amalgam, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
Bifauxnen (1): Truth Quark, IllegallySober, Little Mac, Truth Quark, flerp, GeneX, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, flerp, GeneX, IllegallySober
Podima (1): GeneX, GeneX, Bifauxnen, Juchero, GeneX, Bifauxnen, Juchero
flerp (1): Dick Bastardly
Mithross (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
King Burgundy (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Your Personal Muse (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Asiina, Truth Quark, Asiina, Truth Quark
Asphyxious (0): GulagDolls, Truth Quark, GulagDolls, Truth Quark
Moatillata (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (8): Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, Mithross, Moatillata, Natural 20, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Podima, Tired Moritz

With 24 alive, it's 13 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 05th, 2018 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 5 hours, 20 minutes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Podima posted:

Oh I see you were making a thing about the catchup posting style. I've done this lately with being unable to post from work, since I would rather get my thoughts out there and give people things to interact with.

Readability question for everyone though, does it read better if I combine into one post or split across multiple posts? I think the latter works a little better, easier for others to reply/quote.

The latter works better. And don't mind the haters. Catch up posts are fine.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Podima posted:

Coming back to what I affectionately termed Jafarposting - this is a lot of words to say, in fact, very little at all about the players in this game. It’s similar to what I recall you doing in Ma-chat when you were trying to rile Bif up towards a mis-execution by dispensing general criticism about the rest of the useless thread.

I agree with this in a vacuum. But he seems so much different in thread then he was as scum last game. That has me leaning town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

you don't seem to have any problems with me doing it though? :v:

I also do it all the time. Certain people I won't vote d1 unless it feels like a sure thing, for the benefit of the game.

• Locked thread