Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Sure ok, but I went be posting as much as the last soldiers game as the Xmas holidays are over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I call dibs on the snowboard minigame

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I f#$%ing hate mornings, I am legit irl hungover to poo poo

I also love spaceships

this is very distressing to me because I explicitly requested to be a snowboarding minigame

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

that has nothing in common with the vig situation! The TV thing didn't either! If English didnt have such dumb non-phonetic spelling anyway, there wouldn't even be any question about it being shortened to vij!

This is disingenuous!

Jif

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

GulagDolls posted:

yeah, bif is the person who becomes president and throws her opponent in jail

Wrong

Bif is the person who becomes state governer and commissars her hand picked ally

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Harry Potter and the Teenage Pregnancy

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I've been looking for these 32 soldier dolls and only found one so far.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

PMush Perfect posted:

You or your character?

Yes

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

If you could catapult anyone today, who would it be

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

meh, it's day 1, never tryhard on day 1

if I had a catapult I'd throw myself into a vat of scotch

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Just waiting for the anonymous dayvig to resolve.

C'mon CPig end me.

why not just ping him in the scumdoc :greenangel:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Your Personal Muse posted:

Your gut serves you well TQ

It's big enough

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

oooh, ok NOW jokephase might be starting to wind down a bit.

I like where you're going with this, Gaspy. Allow me.

##vote Truth Quark

Feel like I'm missing something with this vote

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Truth Quark posted:

Get back in the pan!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Gold saucer is maaaaaaaaaybe 10? 20? hours into disc 1

I'd check my wifes save, she's playing it right now and is just past it, but I'm tired

I'll check tommorow

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

and when i say she's playing it right now, what i mean is she's mid-playthrough, she's not awake and playing it at 12:30 at night

im going to bed now

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

GeneX posted:

I dunno, I was getting a sense of overcompensating from him (you really need 2 reasons for your jokephase vote?) but the joke with forensic linguistics after you started on him made the whole thing feel more genuine

Did not love how you jumped on while cheering Gaspy on (I want to see where this goes is the exact kind of unneeded justification I dislike) so I feel like maybe you’re a better avenue to explore

##vote Bifauxnen

As for the more important topic, yeah, FF7 is a legitimately great game, it’s basically the last final fantasy (9 maybe excluded) that straddled the line between overly serious anime garbage and the series’ relatively wacky early RPG roots. (Okay ff6 is serious but it’s also not really the same kind of serious, the sprites make everything a bit more charming.)

Gaspy's wrong more often than he's right with his linguistics :ssh:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

wait are people seriously using joke phase votes as a valid justification to vote for people? lmao

this is gonna be a fun game.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

friendos, we have 2 days and 5 hours, maybe chill ok

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

tithin posted:

friendos, we have 2 days and 5 hours, maybe chill ok

seriously folks, day 1, if you think "I'VE GOT SOMETHING" you're probably loving wrong because it's day one and the odds of dunking a scum on day one is slim to gently caress all

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

tithin posted:

seriously folks, day 1, if you think "I'VE GOT SOMETHING" you're probably loving wrong because it's day one and the odds of dunking a scum on day one is slim to gently caress all

this is poorly worded, maybe it's better to say that

rushing votes on day 1 favours scum more than town, so just, chill

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Found Bif's scumbro guys.

m8, i'm gonna lynch you

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Asphyxious posted:

But seriously I’m pretty sure I’m more right than wrong, I think Bif will back me up here.

I'm just pressing your buttons m8

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Yes, scum generally try to push townies for lynch.

This is not news.

you're a bit on edge this morning m8, maybe consider chilling the gently caress out

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It's late afternoon you need to quit drinking earlier dude.

nah, i'm in aus, it's 9:45am here - I had a poo poo nights sleep and I can't stop yawning

I'd say never have kids, then I remember the community I'm posting in :v:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I don't get how everyone is from Australia when statistically practically nobody should be from there.

I'm not from here!

I migrated here at 19 from Scotland

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Pictured: Ma Fergie, in the closing days of the war

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

normally it would wind me the gently caress up too as you know but I can't even get mad at this one cause it feels like such obvious empty scum talk

I'm not genuinely dunking on ya sis

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

GeneX posted:

Hey, tithin, why were you discouraging people from voting or scumhunting D1?

This is disingenuous

I didn't like how people were joke vote bandwagoning on someone, less than 24 hours into day one, with 53 hours of the vote remaining

that's it

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Like, if we had <24 hours left, sure, we gotta dunk someone, I just don't see the point in ending the day early when there's shitloads of time left to interact. this aint a soldiers game where the thread stays open when we dunk someone - we dunk someone, thread done until the next day.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

GulagDolls posted:

whats wrong with bandwagoning someone and killing them?

tithin posted:

Like, if we had <24 hours left, sure, we gotta dunk someone, I just don't see the point in ending the day early when there's shitloads of time left to interact. this aint a soldiers game where the thread stays open when we dunk someone - we dunk someone, thread done until the next day.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

GulagDolls posted:

whats wrong with bandwagoning someone and killing them?

It is bad, because bandwagoning is bad. you gotta own your vote and have good reasons to vote. day 1 bandwagoning is really loving bad because scum are gonna hide in that vote for sure and later couch the mislynch as "oh well it's day1!!!"

I just dislike early pushes on day 1 because it favours scum more than town, that's it

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

King Burgundy posted:

But how were we anywhere near this? It's not like anyone was legit about to be cuddled.

No you're right, but it was something I saw and was like "hmm, I don't like this" because it could easily have gone from "not even close" to "slam dunk"

enough fake pressure becomes real pressure eventually, if that makes sense?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

King Burgundy posted:

BTW, I thought Gaspy was Venom Soag? Is Asphy also Venom Soag? Or did I just misunderstand people calling him that in Soldiers?

gaspy is the nickname for the poster Asphyxious, who has about 4 accounts, including Venom Soag

GulagDolls posted:

no it doesn't

k, well, im not sure i can explain it any better to your satisfaction

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm. I mean, I understand what you are saying here. But it didn't feel like that is what you were saying to me at all. I just reread the sequence and it definitely comes off as, "hey folks, too early to be actually playing mafia".

I'm likely not explaining myself well due to posting that poo poo early in the morning originally after a bad nights sleep

I'm not trying to say "don't play mafia" but more "don't joke play mafia" - I don't like day 1 bandwagons of any variety - play mafia, absolutely, but don't just bandwagon because it's the done thing

gonna go start lunch for the kids now, bbiab

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Asphyxious posted:

“Too early to be playing mafia” is absolutely day one Tithin, all this exposition is definitely a bit off though.

Yeah, I have a bit more free time yesterday and today because it's the weekend, that's pretty much it

I was just posting after a lovely disturbed nights sleep so im probably overexplaining myself

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Ugh what a poo poo morning

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bif why are you posting at 345am Melbourne time

Your like an hour behind me

Don't make me channel Anidav

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

Minifauxnen is not a magical snowglobe baby she is a maddening screaming baby who had some indigestion or something and woke me up TWICE last night and is now bawling cause I am not in a mood to want to carry her around everywhere when she can freaking walk, as she has known how to do since the 9 month mark

I went to bed at 11 last night, couldn't sleep till half 12,then D got up at 4am and proceeded to body everywhere while laughing and giggling

Hard to believe the little jerk turns 6 soon, wish I could tell him to shut the gently caress up and go to bed, and have him listen /do it

Not in the best mood today

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

GulagDolls posted:

y'all should join me in killing tobbs

But why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]