Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I used H&R block and they let you take your tax refund in Amazon gift cards. Obviously I opted into that program so that I can help JeffyB hit 21 billion. Anyway what should I buy with my 600 dollars in amazon dollars?

Oh also this is the first year I reported buying things that I didn't pay sales tax on, and that added like $200 onto my owed taxes, but who cares I don't want to get audited. Not sure if anyone ever got caught for leaving that as zero dollars.

Use this thread for itemizing your deductions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
hi i got my refund direct deposited to my bank account because im not retarded

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Did my taxes myself without the help of software. Because I'm not a child who can't fill out a 2-page form.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Don't use this to hack me, but here is the captcha that was on the efile submission page:

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Raere posted:

Did my taxes myself without the help of software. Because I'm not a child who can't fill out a 2-page form.

yeah well i have a k-1

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Salt Fish posted:

Don't use this to hack me, but here is the captcha that was on the efile submission page:

lmfao

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
hey bump function hire an accountant your taxes are gonna be complicated as poo poo this year lol owned

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

in the united states of america a company that sells computer tax software bought a law that makes it so you can't do your own taxes with internet

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

flakeloaf posted:

in the united states of america a company that sells computer tax software bought a law that makes it so you can't do your own taxes with internet

:patriot:

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

flakeloaf posted:

I still mail paper forms because the IRS says that isn't my wife's SSN and the SSA says yes it is. E-file just gets rejected.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I’m looking forward to doing my taxes because I honestly don’t know which way it’s going to go on getting a refund or owning money.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
i have a tax professional do mine because im easily intimidated

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Dongslayer. posted:

i have a tax professional do mine because im easily intimidated

I would use a tax professional except I feel like they'd ask me a bunch of questions and I'd look like an idiot when I didn't remember if I pay for natural gas or not, or like when they realize I have absolutely no records of anything.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
my tax professional works for intuit, they're pretty turbo

look out here comes my w2 lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

the 1040ez is one page, come on dudes challenge yourself

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

pram posted:

fun note about this - giving them your bank details allows them to unilaterally pull all money out of the account in the event of a lien or an error of any kind, with no additional authorization or notification, and they're also pre-authorized to share those numbers to all other agencies. but don't worry the govt never makes mistakes

also if you got money back you hosed your deductions son, do better and don't give the govt a free loan

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Feb 2, 2018

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i love extremely pedantic goon poo poo

pram
Jun 10, 2001
um ackshually blah blah the government knows your ip address

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
um ackshually blah blah amazon dollaars aren't as good as real dollars lmbo loving goons.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
but thats true haha

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I can't spend amazon scrip at the local pie & suds shop

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
hey hey hey hey

file your taxes early every year

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Raere posted:

This.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

always annoyed i have to wait til feb cause some of my banks drag their feet on 1099 divs and stuff. edelivery and everything and i gotta wait for like at most a kflop of account crunching for a month

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

can i change my withholdings so i get exactly 420.69 back

is this in the tax reform bill

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lol you suck at taxes, op

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

last year i came out to exactly zero owed or due :smug:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
lol if your taxes can be done on one page

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Salt Fish posted:

I would use a tax professional except I feel like they'd ask me a bunch of questions and I'd look like an idiot when I didn't remember if I pay for natural gas or not, or like when they realize I have absolutely no records of anything.

eh after a year or so they start sending packets with 'just tell us what changed' forms and you get better. theyve seen worse so dont feel too bad about being uninitiated into forms documentation :shobon:

im gonna use a business since stocks and poo poo is annoying and every year i glower at my software results with uncertainty and thats no fun

also this is a good reminder to adjust your contributions. i never do and always over contribute then get it back later and id rather get my :10bux: regularly and not in a return a year after

Bhodi posted:

also if you got money back you hosed your deductions son, do better and don't give the govt a free loan

this

Breakfast All Day posted:

always annoyed i have to wait til feb cause some of my banks drag their feet on 1099 divs and stuff. edelivery and everything and i gotta wait for like at most a kflop of account crunching for a month

also this and sometimes they opt to mail mine and ive told them for years to edeliver but cosmic rays must be flipping bits

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

reminder that americans are permanently being swindled by lobbyists because :capitalism:

https://www.propublica.org/search?qss=intuit

propublica is boss

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

in norway (and i guess other civilized countries), the tax forms is delivered out digitally and pre-filled with everything the government knows about you. most of the time you don't have to do anything to them, they are considered as filed if you don't do anything by the due date.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Breakfast All Day posted:

waiting for my annual "your 1099 div is going to be late" message from etrade. 6 years and running

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
don't give the governmnet a free loan don't you realize you could have made *does calculations* an extra $0.45 interest this year if that had been in your checking account

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
my employer hosed up good and i ended up paying nearly twice as much tax as i owed for half of last year

looking forward to getting my refund with that sweet 0.39% interest some time in probably october

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

just waiting on e*trade and vanguard forms before I can file. I could enter transactions in manually to file now, but just easier to wait a couple more weeks for 1099b forms

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

balancing spousal deductions and whatnot is annoying when there's any kind of income disparity, so i'm thankful for computer

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

indigi posted:

don't give the governmnet a free loan don't you realize you could have made *does calculations* an extra $0.45 interest this year if that had been in your checking account

oh wow the rare double-self own

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

we bought a house and made improvements and we have a big difference in income so i think im gonna pay to have someone do them this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
:synpa:

• Locked thread