Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
will you help me bury my eggs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Code Jockey posted:

I have LTSB N so that poo poo isn't on my machines, eat it halo reference thing

Okay what the heck is that

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Windows 10 for pedants, dweebs, and Autismos

I might like that though

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
windows 10 is stuck in this weird limbo where they wanna call poo poo by legacy names like add/remove program but also call it "list programs" sometimes. Cortana please fix

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

420 SWAGLORD posted:

Long term service enterprise/educational edition that doesn't come with cortana, ads, or (n edition) media stuff and does activate from 'your organizations' totally legit server

You would like it. Imagine the tech of win10 at the 'users are a product' level of win7. Regular education edition is fine though and super widely available for cheap, almost everyone on n editions is going to install the media pack about 5 mins in anyways

I work for a school and we install Windows 10 enterprise without turning off any of the ads, store, store search, or Cortana poo poo cause we're an unapologetic waste of public funds.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Smash it Smash hit posted:

cortana bring me back to my childhood

Cortana downloads nesticle and a megaman 3 rom. Cortana has notified the police.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Code Jockey posted:

exactly

it's pretty good, no forced feature updates, but still has forced security updates which is fine by me, no store, no ads in my god drat OS

I really wish I didn't have to use my MSDN access to get it, I wish windows "pro" still actually meant something. this should be what you get at the consumer "pro" level, let grandma have her built in games and media editing or whatever

hook me up with an iso and some of your vol license! Or can I get it myself?

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
the students at my school use Cortana to search for Minecraft, Roblox, and asmr slime poo poo mostly

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

unpacked robinhood posted:

What age bracket are we talking here ?

K-12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Blazing Ownager posted:

Hey Cortana, how come Microsoft totally missed the smart speaker boon, rendering you an obnoxious dinosaur?

the heck is a smart speaker?

• Locked thread