Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm getting both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think 12 is what was called the International Zodiac Job System edition too, which is epic.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
FF15 is a cozy game

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
no i did not know thank you

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I think 12 is what was called the International Zodiac Job System edition too, which is epic.
It's a new version, Zodiac Age, that makes further changes to the IZJS version.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

elf help book posted:

FF15 is a cozy game

I love it so much.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i feel like i could easily list tons of things "bad" about ff15 but i also think anytime any posts any of them they are being very rude to a nice game

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

elf help book posted:

i feel like i could easily list tons of things "bad" about ff15 but i also think anytime any posts any of them they are being very rude to a nice game

I was watching sevensins do his final fantasy fiesta and he bitched endlessly about how much he hates 15 and now I kinda like that guy less. He was already kinda weirdly smug and off putting and that just put it over the top.

He said it was his 4th time playing through the game and each time he’d run into some new bug with every patch. I don’t have the perspective of trying to speedrun the game, so idk.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

They're both really good. Been playing ff12 on ps4 (see posts in the Friday Night Video game thread for proof) and I dig the story a lot and hting the gamits are an interesting idea.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

used to play ff11 a lot back in the day

can you do ff15 solo? is there a monthly fee?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

used to play ff11 a lot back in the day

can you do ff15 solo? is there a monthly fee?

It is basically a single player game. There is a multiplayer dlc episode hing but otherwise it's a mainline FF game. You are prob thinking of the XIV mmo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FFXV is not a mmo

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

FFXIV is one of the better final fantasy games strangely

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I bought the FF12 remaster on PS4 but haven't started it yet, OP.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

15 is rad but I don't want to pay 20 bucks for the new dungeon

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i bought the steam version of XII as i've only ever played the demo that came with DQ8

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i'm accepting tips n' tricks at this time but most interested in if there's stuff that's missable

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Don’t post spoiler in here. Anyway. Do you think they’ll put VR fishing in the PC version.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Don’t post spoiler in here. Anyway. Do you think they’ll put VR fishing in the PC version.

they havent announced that and its a completely separate product on ps4

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

does the pc version of ffxv have all the extra shitt

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

does the pc version of ffxv have all the extra shitt

https://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/final-fantasy-xv-windows-edition-benchmark-tool-pre-order-info-and-more-revealed

Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition features:

Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players can also take on a battle with the Rulers of Yore
A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fish and recipes
A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” - players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed
A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective
More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
All current season pass content including: Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades and Episode Ignis

Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the Final Fantasy XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations. Through them, players will be able to obtain more information about the world
Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I think the type-d regalia is the off-road version with huge fuckoff wheels that make riding chocobos obsolete. Used it for about 10 minutes before switching back to the default.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

I think the type-d regalia is the off-road version with huge fuckoff wheels that make riding chocobos obsolete. Used it for about 10 minutes before switching back to the default.

If its a quest in the world thats more fun than what happened to me, where it was just in my inventory before I even had access to the real Regalia.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

The Milkman posted:

i'm accepting tips n' tricks at this time but most interested in if there's stuff that's missable

Yes there are a bunch of very missable items and I think 1 short side quest near the beginning. If you are a completionist read a guide but I missed most of this stuff and it’s inconsequential really, I would look it up for a second play through.

my morning jackass fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 2, 2018

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

my morning jackass posted:

Yes there are a bunch of very missable items and I think 1 short side quest near the beginning. If you are a completionist read a guide but I missed most of this stuff and it’s inconsequential really, I would look it up for a second play through.

If you post in this thread again I will get you banned.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Wormskull posted:

If you post in this thread again I will get you banned.

Calm down

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I might start X-2 tonight so I can buy the 12 remaster eventually

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

X-2 kicks so much rear end.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is X2 on Pc cause now I wanna play it again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah, idk if it's available separately but there's a X/X-2 remaster on PS3/4/PC

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This thread is putting me in an FF mood. Maybe I’ll start up 12 tonight.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh I probably already own it then so maybe I’ll play X and X-2 first.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I bought the FFX/X-2 remaster when I got my PS4 three years ago and just beat FFX a few months ago. Wasting massive amounts of money on games and playing them years later when they're frequently on sale for $5 ftw

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I never played X. I had X-2 and never beat it. The main villain lady’s illustration in the manual FTW.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Gamers are so stupid they thought the Tidus laugh scene was legit instead intentionally corny like the dialogue explained seconds beforehand. Even as a tiny baby I understood that while ponytail guys never got it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Gamers are so stupid they thought the Tidus laugh scene was legit instead intentionally corny like the dialogue explained seconds beforehand. Even as a tiny baby I understood that while ponytail guys never got it

its a really good scene

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Good memories of getting a ps2 for Christmas with MGS2 and FFX and then being allowed to hook it up to The Big TV

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

its a really good scene

They even laugh at the ridiculousness of it right after. Like it's so cut & dry it's astounding how so many ppl misunderstood

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like that ffx is a really lavish romantic melodrama. Like all the insane high quality CG scenes of Tidus and Yuna relaxing by lakes and falling in love or whatever. Very cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I love it regardless.

• Locked thread