Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Also don’t read the replies to that tweet :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Rory knows what's up

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

It's great when the "it's not all terrible" thing is a planet with no humans.

Two planets meet. Says the first to the second: "How are you?"
"Bad. I've got Homo Sapiens."
"Don't worry. It'll pass."

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Not a huge svg fan but I think he’s been doing alright. Dunno how griffin will turn out in the long term but for now it’s pretty exciting

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

It's really hard to stay hopeful for a wave election when I see takes like this

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Take heart, it may or may not be satire

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.ad298c2c5848

quote:

It was another crazy news week, so it's understandable if you missed a small but important announcement from the Treasury Department: The federal government is on track to borrow nearly $1 trillion this fiscal year — Trump's first full year in charge of the budget.

That's almost double what the government borrowed in fiscal year 2017.

Here are the exact figures: The U.S. Treasury expects to borrow $955 billion this fiscal year, according to a documentsreleased Wednesday. It's the highest amount of borrowing in six years, and a big jump from the $519 billion the federal government borrowed last year.

Can't wait for the deficit hawks to reign in MIC spending. Nah, get ready for reforms in entitlements.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Syrian helmetcam footage has emerged in the Combat Camera thread showing the russian pilot that went down grenaded himself once capture was inevitable.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Smart dude.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

hardcore man, hardcore

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

Syrian helmetcam footage has emerged in the Combat Camera thread showing the russian pilot that went down grenaded himself once capture was inevitable.

Overall probably the smart move.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
:same:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.ad298c2c5848

Can't wait for the deficit hawks to reign in MIC spending. Nah, get ready for reforms in entitlements.

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my country is dying

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

shame on an IGA posted:

I was going to ask why would a pilot would have a grenade,

But I guess that is why a pilot would have a grenade.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

Link if you can?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I guess if anybody would give their pilots grenades, it would be Russia. They have a novel perspective on survival equipment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TP-82

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Waroduce posted:

Link if you can?

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

The crazy part is that they give their pilots grenades. We have to do it the old fashioned way, with a pistol.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

i think a few of those dudes ran away in time but p sure the rest ate poo poo

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I mean grenade vs death by creative Syrians. Yea

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

holocaust bloopers posted:

I mean grenade vs death by creative Syrians. Yea

pfft dude's a pussy. caro took that poo poo on the chin.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

pfft dude's a pussy. caro took that poo poo on the chin.

lmao caro begged to die after they broke his brain twice and made him right

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

They have some really weird names translated to English.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Viva Miriya posted:

lmao caro begged to die after they broke his brain twice and made him right

Keven Patrick Dawes is one of the hardest motherfuckers on the planet right now. Even if he's basically gollum at this point, he has been through poo poo that only holocaust survivors and some vietnam POWs can relate to.

But yeah, that pilot made the right choice and that was loving :black101:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Did the details of what happened to him come out?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Not that I know of other than he was in a syrian death camp for four years.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

This was pretty good in GQ, and there were a couple of interviews transcribed after he got back, but for the life of me I can't find them.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Keven Patrick Dawes is one of the hardest motherfuckers on the planet right now. Even if he's basically gollum at this point, he has been through poo poo that only holocaust survivors and some vietnam POWs can relate to.

facts

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
thats one situation in which it would be one hell of a poo poo time to have a dud

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

He didn't scream out "сука блять" before he died so its only hardcore not :black101: af.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Caro is for my money the single most interesting true story to ever come out of these forums. It's so mind-bendingly (not trying to make light of him) unlikely and fascinating that it basically defies all plausibility and if I didn't have reservations against profiting over recent tragedies would say it's the story best suited for a film or miniseries adaptation. People have accused me of making it up before.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I'd love to hear him tell his story if he's well and feels like sharing it.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

thats one situation in which it would be one hell of a poo poo time to have a dud

One of the videos linked to that Twitter post had a Russian pilot showing off his survival kit which included two grenades. Judging by the two pops in the video, dude wasn't taking any chances.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Midjack posted:

I'd love to hear him tell his story if he's well and feels like sharing it.

He would need antipsychotics to begin with, and that's not even touching what four years in a Syrian prison would have done to him. I don't think there's been any info since the initial "yep we got him back to the US" announcement.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

He would need antipsychotics to begin with, and that's not even touching what four years in a Syrian prison would have done to him. I don't think there's been any info since the initial "yep we got him back to the US" announcement.

There were, I mentioned them above - two interviews with him after he got back. I just can't remember where they were online.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Hexyflexy posted:

There were, I mentioned them above - two interviews with him after he got back. I just can't remember where they were online.

I missed those. But I know he won't be posting here.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Oh yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he spends the rest of his life institutionalized, though I hope he has a better outcome than that.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I hope he gets elected president.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The best description of our subforum came from that GQ story before the Russians got him.

GQ UK posted:

Dawes preferred to hang out on its more ghoulish, conspiracy-mongering forums; one of his favourites, dedicated to military matters, was called "goons in platoons"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Slim Pickens posted:

The best description of our subforum came from that GQ story before the Russians got him.

There are/where conspiracy mongers in this subforum?

• Locked thread