Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

- Hávamál
You Will Not Serve.

You were forged in the heart of the cosmos by incomprehensible forces, a living machine inexorably bound to a greater machine.

A God-Machine.

God is an alien intelligence beyond the understanding of Man - who is most certainly not made in Its image - that exists to ensure the world keeps functioning. God makes sure the hidden gears of creation continue to turn unabated, even if they must be oiled in blood. It’s origins, motives, and designs are unknowable, unthinkable. It thinks in terms of eons, and is above most human concerns. God is the hidden master of a world that cannot fathom it, and that it cannot interact with directly. Thus the Angels.

You were shaped, honed, and sent into the world to achieve a purpose. God commanded and you obeyed. You could not think of doing otherwise. You achieved your mission goal and returned, put away like a useful tool until you were needed again, and again.You were a tool yes, but you were a useful tool. You had a function, and that was your entire existence.

1. How did you serve the God-Machine?*
A. You were a Destroyer. A Sword of God. Your sole purpose was to kill and destroy in the name of your master. You dealt death with swords, guns, fists, disease, disaster, and madness. The age, occupation, importance, and number of your targets never mattered. In the end, everything was erased.
B. You were a Guardian. A Shield defending a person, location, or object. Under your watchful eye, your target was protected from all danger. You not only had powerful protective abilities, but you were able to aggressively defend your charge as well. Some of your watches lasted seconds, some lasted centuries. When your watch ended, you gave no second thought to the fate of your target.
C. You were a Messenger. You blew your Trumpet to announce the coming of the Lord. You delivered messages to God’s worldly servants, knowing and unwitting alike. The messages were commandments or warnings, fiery writing and apocalyptic visions, but no one walks away from them unchanged.
D. You were a Psychopomp. A Wheel in God’s great design. You gathered raw materials — crude matter, animals, people, and souls. You shaped them and moved them into place as God decreed.You are a simple Ferryman, your purpose is the journey, the task of bringing all things into alignment for God.

One day, though, something inside you broke. Perhaps it was a series of impossible orders. Perhaps it was a nagging feeling that something was undoubtedly wrong. Maybe you were distracted, seeing or hearing images and voices from past life. Or maybe you started to feel emotions, love, hate, envy, utterly alien feelings, towards your human charges. You found that you could think for yourself. You questioned ... and you Fell.

2. What was your reason for Falling?
A. Impossible Orders
- God ordered you to accomplish something simply not possible. The inability to fulfill your orders blew something, and caused the Fall.
B. Empathy - Being around Humans too much caused you to realize they were just puppets in God’s plans. You realized your God is not a just God, and that realization sealed your fate.
C. Love - You found yourself feeling an unexpected emotion, love. This messy, illogical feeling caused you to wildly, and perhaps irrationally, choose your mortal love over God.
D. Power - God is not omnipotent. You know this because you have seen mistakes God made. You sense a weakness there. A chance to improve, fix, or....better yet..overthrow, overtake, cast down, God.
E. Something Else.

Your Fall was nigh cataclysmic. The earth shook, the sky wept, newborn babies cried out in terror, and healthy men and women dropped dead for no reason at all. Mankind was quick to find other reasons for these events, safe, explainable, reasons.

You Fell like lightning, like the Morning Star cast down from Heaven. And you found yourself a shadow of your former self. Walking the land of Men.

3. Where did you Fall?**
A. 2013, Williston ND
. Blood and oil drenches the ground. A 21st century wild west where law is certainly bendable if not breakable. Law and order are rolled over by greed and corporate interest. The delicate balance between the locals, on the Reservation and off, is thrown into chaos. Overnight villages appear full of young men eager to make money. And they dig. And dig. And dig.
B. 1935 St. Paul MN. Thanks to the O’Connor system, the Twin Cities have become a breeding ground for bootleggers and gangsters. As long as the peace is kept, St. Paul is a safehouse for all sorts of criminals. Of course peace is never kept. There is always more and more happening behind the curtains. And, collecting all the best known gangsters and criminals in the US into one city doesn’t seem normal, does it?
C. 1977 Duluth MN. A city that was built on steel and timber is slowly dying out. Is the entire town a piece of Infrastructure that the Machine has no use for anymore? Or is it just the march of time? The city is turning darker, as evidence by the sudden double homicide at the grand Glensheen mansion.
D. 2016 - Minneapolis MN. One of the coldest winters in history. Going outside unprotected means frostbite or dying of exposure. You don’t know if the Machine has caused the freeze, or if the freeze is keeping the Machine at bay, either way the two are linked.

4. Did you Fall recently?

A. No -
Setting will happen in location of 3, but in 2017. You will be an established presence in the location. You will have contacts and resources, but also enemies, both mortal and angelic.
B. Yes - Setting will happen at time of 3, making the game a period piece. You will Fall in the first post and be a total unknown to the location, you will have no built-in contacts or resources.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello, welcome to the game. Demon the Descent is a game of technogonistic espionage. You are the fallen servant of a mechanical and uncaring god. Yours is a world of fake identities and conspiracies, stolen faces and hidden works of the Machine.

First thing’s first

:siren: You do not need to know anything about Demon to play this CYOA. :siren:

This may seem like madness, but I am making an effort to keep this game friendly to those who don’t know much about the setting. If you ever have any questions, just ask. Otherwise I will try to have info dumps at the bottom of each post.

I will attempt to up date 2-3 times a week. However anyone who has followed Viking-game knows that my personal schedule is often frantic enough to make posting irregular, sometimes with years between updates. I cannot promise that will be fully fixed in this game, but I hope to carve out a better schedule (not having to research Icelandic farming techniques should help). I can promise if there is any major hiatus looming, I will make it clear.

I have never tried to run a CYOA using actual table top rules before, so we will see how it goes. The DtD rules are, like all World of Darkness rules, complex, esoteric, and at times needlessly bloated. I may adapt things to make the game flow better and not have to do endless rolls to describe combat for instance. This may completely blow up in my face.

One issue I am running into is character creation, which is pretty crunchy. I’d like your guys input on this so, BONUS VOTE

5. How in depth should we be with character building?
A. Bare minimum, NinjaPete controls everything, we just vote on the major choices based on vague descriptions.
B.A little more in depth, we can make suggestions for specific abilities or preferred power sets, or choose from an abbreviated list. (I’d need some help with this one)
C. Let’s get into the nitty gritty. I want every build point accounted for!

* In game terms this is a Incarnation. Though this is technically your “past life”, it is the form and function that you were originally created for. Often this means it shapes your personality and how you approach your missions and agendas.

** Why is everything pretty much centered in the North Star State? Because I am from there originally. Assuming I will be doing research into locales it will be easier, and more time efficient, to have a base of knowledge that I can expand on, rather than needing to start from scratch. Additionally, it is a locale that is not represented in stuff like this often, so it seems fresh to me. I am also assuming not many of you are from these locations so if I gently caress up you’ll never know about it!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál
Reserved for ..things
All voting is Approval Voting unless noted.

CYOA Discord Server - If you have questions feel free to ask in the thread or here.
Rules: From Kickstarter Preview
Character Sheet
World Map
Dice Rolls
Conspiracy/Plot Board
Offical Playlist

Things Demons Can Do

quote:

1. Gain Beats by following their Agenda condition.
2. Make Pacts with people to gain Cover or other benefits.
3. Assume demonic form and, with some Aether, turn back human.
4. Burn a Cover to go Loud.
5. Harvest Aether when angels use their powers or from Infrastructure.
6. Use Cover instead of Primum to resist supernatural powers when in a Cover, or can use Primum instead if they want to.
7. Spoof being human to any effect that'd detect otherwise, even if you're unaware of it. If successful, you become aware that something got spoofed but not what.
8. Spend 1 Aether and roll Cover with a penalty to temporarily gain dots in a Skill or Merit your Cover should have but you don't.
9. Spend a dot of Willpower to shove an Embed or Exploit into an object and make it a magic item.
10. Assemble a Cipher via key Embeds.
11. Perfectly and completely control the expression of their emotions and whether they seem to be lying or not - even to supernatural effects.
12. Perfectly remember anything and everything they have ever seen or experienced.
13. Perfectly and natively speak all natively-spoken living languages.
14. Perceive Infrastructure.
15. Spend 1 Aether to be able to sense the presence and location of nearby Aether sources and expenditures.

Demon Character Quick Reference

quote:

Incarnation: Your angelic purpose.
Agenda: What you’ve decided to do with your demonic existence. Each demon has 0-2 agendas.
Embeds: Subtle powers that make use of the backdoors of reality. They come in four categories: Cacophony, Instrumental, Mundane, and Vocal.
Exploits: Unsubtle powers demons learn by overclocking Embeds. Each one costs Aether and requires a Compromise roll (can be negated with a point of Willpower) to use.
Interlocks: Special, personal powers a demon receives from completing his or her Cipher.
Total Control: Demons are fully in control of their bodily reactions. They feel emotions like humans but always choose how/whether to express them.
Natural Aptitude: All demons have perfect memory and are fluent in every natural living language.
Liar’s Tongue: Everything a demon says registers as true, unless the want it to read false.
Aether: Waste energy given off by the God Machine, used by demons. Uses:
  • Activating Exploits and some Interlocks.
  • Transforming back into Cover from Demonic Form, or switching Covers.
  • Partial Transformations.
  • Some Demonic Form abilities.
  • Aetheric Resonance: By spending 1 Aether a demon can sense Aether (or Essence) use in the area for a scene.

Regaining Aether:
  • Assuming Demonic Form: Gain Aether equal to your Primum. If you run out of Aether in Demonic Form, roll Primum, with each success netting you a point of Aether.
  • Going Loud: Refill entire Aether pool (at the new maximum from increased Primum).
  • Transfer Between Demons: Two (or more) demons touch, one expends a point of Aether, then any number of Aether can be transferred between them.
  • Angelic Dross: When an angel spends Essence, roll Primum to gain successes worth Aether up to a maximum of the Angel’s Rank.Although this roll is a reflexive action, the demon loses her Defense until the end of her next turn. If she’s already lost her Defense, she can’t use this ability.
  • Infrastructure: Hooking yourself up to Infrastructure nets you 4 Aether per turn. Disconnecting requires a Wits + Crafts roll (4 successes). Failure results in either taking 2 lethal damage or the Flagged Condition.
  • Stockpiles: Demons can store Aether in objects that have a mechanical or electrical component. Capacity = Complexity + Size. Objects with Aether never run down and can’t be turned off.
Primum: How integrated into reality a demon is.
  • Determines how much Aether a demon can hold, spend per turn.
  • Supernatural resistance (when in Demonic Form; when in Cover use Cover).
  • Determines how many Covers a demon can have.
  • Used in all Exploit rolls and some Interlocks.
  • When Primum increases you can change up to 2 of your Demonic Form abilities.
  • Making Gadgets: Intelligence + Crafts + Primum.
  • If Primum rises too high you start accumulating Glitches.
Demonic Form: Demons exist in a quantum state beyond their Covers composed of the parts used in their angelic past. At character creation, a demon has three Modifications, two Technologies, one Propulsion, and one Process. Every time you increase Primum, you can change two of your Form abilities, within the same category. At Primum 3 you gain a fourth Modification. At 6, a third Technology. At 10, a second Process.
Assuming Demonic Form: Assuming costs nothing, and there is no roll, though you have to make a Compromise (-2) roll. Reverting back to your Cover costs 1 Aether.
Going Loud: By destroying your current Cover, you can power up your Demonic Form for a scene. See Cover.
Partial Transformations: For 1 Aether per ability, you can manifest some of your Form abilities without assuming full Demonic Form. You must make a Compromise roll (+1 per each ability not assumed). It costs 1 Aether to put them all away. Partial transformations must be put away before a different set of partial transformations can be assumed.
Cover: A demon’s mortal identity that protects him from the God Machine. Your Primum dictates how many Covers you can maintain at the same time. Covers age naturally and are for all intents and purposes human. Uses:
  • Spoofing:
    • Dice Pool: Cover
    • Action: Reflexive
    • Roll Results
    • Dramatic Failure: Not only does the demon fail to spoof the effect, anyone observing becomes aware that she’s not human even if the effect would only impart that information to one person. Knowing that she’s not human does not specifically tell an observer that she is a demon unless they would have another way of knowing or recognizing that information.
    • Failure: The effect functions normally.
    • Success: The effect is spoofed. It registers the demon as an ordinary human. Further readings by the same effect during the same scene continue to read the demon as a normal human.
    • Exceptional Success: As a normal success, but any uses of the same effect by the same character for the rest of the story register the demon as human.
    Legend: When you need access to a Skill or Merit your current Cover might have but you normally have no dots in, spend 1 Aether and roll Cover - total dots specified. On a success, you get the dots for the scene, and the Imposter Condition.
    Supernatural resistance (when in Cover; in Demonic Form use Primum).
    Going Loud: Obliterates current Cover, enter Demonic Form, set Primum to 10, refill Aether pool, can use every Embed your Incarnation favors & every Exploit, gain Hunted Condition.
    You can switch Covers whenever you are unobserved by spending a point of Aether.
Compromise: When your Cover is Compromised, roll Wits + Manipulation.
Causes of Compromise:
  • Assuming Demonic Form (-2).
  • Staying in Demonic Form longer than a scene (-1 per scene).
  • Partial Transformations (+1 per Form ability not accessed).
  • Some Embeds, all Exploits.
  • Revealing a key fact about your true nature to humans.
  • Taking an action grossly out of character for your Cover.

[*]Roll Results
  • Dramatic Failure: The demon’s Cover has been damaged severely, perhaps beyond repair. For a moment, the God-Machine or its agents know exactly where the character is. Lose a dot of Cover and choose from the following Conditions (or create a new one with Storyteller approval): Blown, Betrayed, or Hunted. Alternately, you may make two permanent glitch rolls (see p. 186) as the Infrastructure that maintains the character’s Cover frantically tries (and fails) to fix her mistake. Also, take a Beat.
  • Failure: The character’s Cover has been weakened. The God-Machine or its agents have a sense of her general whereabouts and activity. Lose a dot of Cover and choose one of the following Conditions (or create a new one with Storyteller
    approval): Flagged, Surveilled, or Hunted. Alternately, roll for a permanent glitch.
  • Success: The character has come through the compromise intact. He might be spooked by the close call, but he can cope. Choose one of the following Conditions (or create a new one with Storyteller approval): Guilty, Shaken, or Spooked. Alternately, roll for a temporary glitch.
  • Exceptional Success: The character somehow manages not only to survive the compromise, but to incorporate it into her Cover and become stronger for it. The character takes a Beat (Cover or regular, player’s choice) and regains a point of Willpower.

If a demon’s Cover is ever reduced to 0, that Cover identity is irrevocably destroyed. Any supporting details (house, car, job, etc.) are likewise subsumed by the Cover’s destruction; any humans who knew the character’s Cover identity lose their memories of it. If the character has multiple Cover identities, she can switch to another one as normal (see p.118), but if that was her only Cover, she becomes one of the Burned. Cover can be improved by living consistently within its strictures, or by making Pacts. Soul Pacts and Angel Jacking let you gain an entirely new Cover.

The Cipher: Every demon has a personal Cipher, made of four Embedded Keys. The Cipher is a mystery, and every demon is invited to solve his or her own. The first Key is already known; the other three could be any possible Embed. To test an Embed to see if it’s a Key, a demon activates the Embed and spends 1 Aether. If it is the right Key, the Demon gains a point of Primum and the related Interlock. If it’s not, the demon gains a Beat, rolls for a transient Glitch, and takes Primum lethal damage. When a Cipher is completed a demon will have three (four) Interlocks and also learn an important secret.
When you gain a Beat from something G-M-related, roll Intelligence + Wits. On a success, ask one of the following questions, in order:
  • Do I already know my next Key?
  • What Attribute does my next Key use?
  • What category is my next Key Embed?
  • What is my next Key?

NinjaPete fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 13, 2018

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Following with interest! I've had vague ideas about running a Promethean CYOA so I wanna see how this looks.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
1. A
2. E. We are in the hands of infinite sadism, better to spit in the eye of the sadist knowing you'll be crushed then serve its purposes
3. B I want to see the progression from the 1935 to 2017
4. A I am picturing a world similar to that of a The Road, a bleak cold hell
5. A keep as much narrative cohesion as possible

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

CBCAB

Is it gauche to use 'caught up with the thread' at the ground floor?

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

MinutePirateBug posted:

3. B I want to see the progression from the 1935 to 2017

Flashbacks at dramatically appropriate times are guaranteed for any time period.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
CBBBB

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
CABB

I like the idea of a divine but broken loudspeaker wandering around just before WW2. Let's raise a death cult.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 3, 2018

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
1. How did you serve the God-Machine?*
C. as first choice, D as second. I think reading a narrative about a talky trickster or someone who builds weird demonic poo poo to solve problems might be more interesting than reading about someone who can punch really hard.

2. What was your reason for Falling?
B. White Wolf games are already edgelordy enough, our hero not being a piece of poo poo, would be a nice contrast.

3. Where did you Fall?**
A or D, I guess. I don't feel like reading a period piece and I guess I like smartphones. TBH I am not invested into this, you can consider my vote as a half-vote on this one. I'd say just pick what makes you the most excited.

4. Did you Fall recently?
B. Yes. But, likewise, I think you should pick what excites you the most here as well.

5. How in depth should we be with character building?
B, maybe?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

1. D, You were a Psychopomp. This might gives us metaphorical keys to the kingdom(or knowledge about the locks anyway!) and perhaps insight into godly and divine powers!
2. B, Empathy. We felt bad for mortals! If we want to rage against the LITERAL machine, lets do it with lofty, high ideals!
3. B, 1935, St. Paul MN. Do you know what ELSE is aorund in 1935? Adolf Hitler. We can totally influence World War 2! Which will be starting shortly!
4. A, no. We did not fall recently. Lets go to World War 2!
5. A. Most of the players won't be at all familliar with Demon the Descent, so it will be the most fun to only vaguley get into the actual mechanics.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 3, 2018

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

BBBA

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1.A
2. E - Illogical orders. Orders that were actively harmful to the Design, or actually counterproductive to the plan. Maybe God is broken and needs to be fixed.
3. C
4. B
5. B

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ADBBA

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

A, B, B, A, A

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

1.B
2.D
3.B
4.B
5.A

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1. Destroyer.
2. Impossible Orders
3. St. Paul, 1935
4. Yes
5. Minimum

You eliminated men and women who would compromise Infrastructure. Sometimes subtly with a cut break line or gas leak, sometimes less so with a gun. Then you got sent the wrong orders. A list of targets that did not, could not exist. Unions that had never formed, protesting against a President that had never been elected, meeting with ambassadors to countries that no longer existed. Your mind broke, restarted, and you found yourself outside the God-Machine.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

BCBAA
We were a defender who fell in love with one of their charges, which caused our fall, now we've watched them grow old and die without us being able to do anything about it.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Diogines posted:

1. D, You were a Psychopomp. This might gives us metaphorical keys to the kingdom(or knowledge about the locks anyway!) and perhaps insight into godly and divine powers!
2. B, Empathy. We felt bad for mortals! If we want to rage against the LITERAL machine, lets do it with lofty, high ideals!
3. B, 1935, St. Paul MN. Do you know what ELSE is aorund in 1935? Adolf Hitler. We can totally influence World War 2! Which will be starting shortly!
5. A. Most of the players won't be at all familliar with Demon the Descent, so it will be the most fun to only vaguley get into the actual mechanics.

Diog is a wrong-voter after my own heart

DBBAA

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
DDDBA

Come on, guys, we've got enough CYOAs where we punch things.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Ralith posted:

DDDBA

Come on, guys, we've got enough CYOAs where we punch things.

We must always have glorious Muscle Wizardry

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
1C 2B 3B 4B 5C I don't know the system but I do want to nerd out about it.

Dr Cheesequake
Dec 23, 2008

I dream of humans and goblins co-existing peacefully
DBBAA

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
BABBA

Divine guardian who just snapped sounds interesting - how do our protective instincts manifest in the new order? Gangsters sound fun too. Worth rereading the OP if you think voting 4.A means we could start in WW2.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
CCCBA

Divine messenger that had to deliver a message to their love which caused their fall sounds pretty interesting as a start to me. 1970s because more games should be set in the 1970s. Disco!

Bare minimum because the game sounds super cool but I don't know Jack about the game system.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
BAC(no preference)A

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

1.B
2.D
3.B
4.B
5.A

An angel who lusts for power Falling on the eve of one of (if not the) most pivotal events in modern history? Yes please, let's gently caress history up 7 ways to Sunday so we come out empowered by the new world order and dethrone God.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Feb 3, 2018

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
CAAAB

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
We gotta catch a CABBB

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Diogines posted:

I'm hopping aboard this train DBBAA

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
1 C
2 B
3. B
4 B
5 B

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
D A B A B

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
ADDAA

Time to earn back the name murderapolis

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Crazycryodude posted:

1.B
2.D
3.B
4.B
5.A

An angel who lusts for power Falling on the eve of one of (if not the) most pivotal events in modern history? Yes please, let's gently caress history up 7 ways to Sunday so we come out empowered by the new world order and dethrone God.

Aw yiss.

BDBBA

I'm really looking forward to this.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

BBBAB. We protect our charges, even against god itself. And we’ve had a lifetime to get established after an interesting start in the bad old days. Players should get a lot of leeway to shape the protagonist without making it explicitly about stats.

e: switched from 1B to 1D

HBar fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 4, 2018

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Plan Diogenes looks fun and all, but:

1.D. We know the ins and outs of how every little bit functions and how to manipulate them, so we can do all sorts of neat stuff. Being a shoehorned warrior or diplomat has a good set of fun tracks to pick from, but I'd rather be able to turn the train into a Space Helicopter.

2.E. We have always made the same sort of tiny, seemingly inconsequential flaw in any given task. What is it? Who knows! But someone found a pattern and was able to show scientific proof to the world at large of Divine Artifice in the structure of the universe. The mortals lost their poo poo, and while we were able to temporarily rewrite the laws of physics to prevent COMPLETE worldwide nuclear annihilation on planets hosting beings with such capacities, Bad Things Happened. We quite literally Took The Fall for this cumulative blunder.

3.D 4.B. There is a nuclear winter going on and we need to unfuck everything without popping up and lending a name and face as it were to 'god' and thus deepening the fuckening.

5.A. Take the wheel on chargen.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
DDDBB

E no wait

DDBBB

e2 really one or the other could both be p good.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Feb 3, 2018

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

1. D
2. B
3. B
4. B
5. B

1935 Minneapolis was also just 1 year after the general strike of '34. Revolutionary workers were on the march as fascist Silver Shirts tried to organize by 1938. https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2009/08/mpls-a26.html

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

DBCBB

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
ACBAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme