Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1. Destroyer.
2. Impossible Orders
3. St. Paul, 1935
4. Yes
5. Minimum

You eliminated men and women who would compromise Infrastructure. Sometimes subtly with a cut break line or gas leak, sometimes less so with a gun. Then you got sent the wrong orders. A list of targets that did not, could not exist. Unions that had never formed, protesting against a President that had never been elected, meeting with ambassadors to countries that no longer existed. Your mind broke, restarted, and you found yourself outside the God-Machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

We can annex Canada while leaving Europe to its own fate, no need to actively support Hitler.

EDIT: Oh poo poo, I think I just found the blueprint for our campaign https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Over_the_White_House We'll be Lucifer Under the White House, the benevolent shadowy puppetmaster of America.

Kavak fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Feb 4, 2018

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

You'd have to get America to let go of its entire Pacific empire and stop caring about trading with China to avoid a war with Japan. It'd honestly be easier to stop the war in Europe than stop things from boiling over in the Pacific.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1. (Reusing my earlier idea because I liked it drat it) Every action to make Infrastructure was just another piece of a machine moving. A fatal car crash was a piston pumping, a burst gas main was a gear turning. All was as it should be, as it only could be. Preordainment kept the infinitesimal twinges of doubt and feeling from lasting long enough to be noticed by you or the God Machine.

Then you got sent the wrong orders. You were supposed to send a union that had never formed marching down a street with the wrong name in support of a revolution that had never happened. For the first time you considered the world in terms of "might be" instead of "will be". If different was possible, better was possible. The world turned upside down and dumped you out of the God Machine's control onto the frozen streets of St. Paul in the winter of 1935.

2D

3C

4B

5G/E/C

Kavak fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 5, 2018

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

By "We" you mean the God-Machine. Angels have no free will until the moment of their Fall.

We moved levers and flipped switches on a machine the size of Rhode Island to bring the winds. We made the storm that brought red snow to New England. We made the blizzards of Black Sunday. We buried things and animals and people under millions of tons of grit. And we looked out all that we had made, and saw that it was Not Good.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Patchwork
No Gods, No Masters
, for at least a portion of America. Break the GM's hold and keep it broken, then reshape it in our image.
All of them at once somehow
Smashing/Insurgent Drive a truck full of TNT into God's face.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

A & C These seem the most urgent, and might be linked for all we know.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1A

3B

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

B Cloak ourselves, wait for a chance to sneak off. The drone can't be traced to us, right? And there's nothing suspicious about it even though we conjured it out of our butt?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Go the gently caress to sleep

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

A C D B

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1B

3A

4A

5A

6B

7B

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1 B Good balance between getting the information we need and keeping him at a distance.
2 B One thing at a time.
3 A Leave the cannoli.
4 C We figure out what the other sculptures are, we can figure out what the GM is planning,

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1 Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0
2A Jester's right, no more meetings for a while
3A Don't panic
4A It's right behind us. Soon it will ahead of us, besides us.

EDIT: How do we get rid of glitches?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Changing my vote on 4 to blink every three seconds

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1C Fooled the GM last time!
2B Tell them to keep an eye out for any significant events or dates involving the bridge, river, and art installations. If they don't find anything, we break it the old-fashioned way.
4A
5A

Leaving 3 to people who know martial arts.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1C
2C
3C

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

2. AE Quietly break that loving thing as soon as possible or the bridge is toast and so is everyone on it.
3. K She's probaly seen enough to confirm her suspicions. Harden our heart and threaten the dog if we have to, but we've got to keep her quiet.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1C
3EGD
4H

EDIT: Is there something we can roll to decide if the music is a funny coincidence or not?

Kavak fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 2, 2018

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1.BCD Something we can burn besides Mabin to deal with the Infrastructure would be good, but we can't leave our rear end totally open
2.FH We wouldn't want our own Hell to be shaped like this- probably.
3.JM We need something that melds with Mabin's life experiences.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Wait a minute, those forms are marked State of California, are they valid in Minnesota? :crossarms:

3.I

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1B
2H/J

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1C Is this a meta joke or is something wrong here?
2E

EDIT: "In the heart of the fire holds the key" Get a good look at the kiln and the woman running it.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

F The kiln might still be important I am not wrong
I We may be burnt, but until we're certain we don't go loud.
L Chuck the bomb at whatever crowd is coming down the hallway and click click BOOM. We should be sure it's yield isn't too extreme and is primarily an anti-personnel creation, no reason to start a fire.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Ask Kind to do it instead.

This, gotta make sure there are no surprises.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

B
C
I WAS RIGHT
G What does sabotage entail?
J
N

We look kind of...oily, like we haven't washed in a while.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1C Not the safest place but he's got to get the gently caress out of this building.
2DEF In that order. Throw a wrench if we can but we're getting in over our heads drat quick.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1C
2H
4A
5S

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1A Not ear to the door or anything, just try to figure out the gist.
2DEF
3IJK
4N

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1 E D A Stop if anything looks funky

2 Everything from when you started working with the sculptures and the people involved with them up to today.

3 ACAB (Actually F, as much as Mabin would believe the former)

4 J/K Something very big and very bad is using you to try and do something awful.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

MinutePirateBug posted:

1. B go monster form, recruit your first cultist

This

3I Pretty safe going to ground now that we have the key.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Switching my vote to 3K :tinfoil:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1B
2D
3H
5NO

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1 ABF
2 K
(We can swim, right?)
3 MP
4 Q

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

CourValant posted:

Put one demon on each statue, while we stake-out the bridge.

Changing my 4 vote to this

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Why are the tunnels a target?

2I
3MNP
Whatever it is, we need to be quiet.
4R

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1D

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1A Chuck them in the river, get them away from the Infrastructure. Better yet, break them.
2F Crush it if we think Qerachiel is about to arrive.
3IJN Warn the others, maybe by sending a text that just says WHAT WAS THAT ONE SONG FROM THE HIGHWAY CHASE IN THE MATRIX 2? Run or regroup, whichever seems more prudent. If we're caught, we go biblical.

Kavak fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 29, 2018

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1B

So, what's the expected aftermath? One piece of suborned infrastructure for aether and the overall system busted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1 A
2 C
3 Satryo
4 H
5 LM
6 NQ
7 T