Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
Hi there,

Problem description: I just got a new monitor that the office next door was getting rid of, a Benq GW2765HT.
When the monitor is plugged into the mobo via DVI it works fine, although can't display 1440p.
Plugging in the monitor to the GPU via DVI-HDMI works fine for 1080, but when I try to change the resolution to 1440 the screen blacks out and then returns when it automatically reverts back to 1080.

Attempted fixes: I've tried a variety of cables including an HDMI/HDMI cable, HDMI/DisplayPort, and used an active HDMI female>DisplayPort male adaptor, all of which just give a black screen. I've even tried using the DVI-HDMI with the DisplayPort adaptor (which seems excessive) and again this works fine for 1080, but not 1440.
Drivers and Radeon software are up to date as far as I can tell.
I'm not ruling out that the monitor itself could be faulty.

Recent changes: Nothing apart from a recent Windows update, just added the new monitor.

Any help appreciated, thanks :)

--

Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

System specs: CPU: i5-6600
Mobo: ASRock Z170 Pro 4 LGA1511
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000
GPU: Radeon RX 480 8GB
PSU: 600W Antec

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think you need dual link DVI or display port. I think in spec HDMI doesn't support 2560, though some monitors and videocards might be able to break the spec without issue.

• Locked thread