Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Bee Bonk posted:

1. B
2. C
3. D

This collection of kindling will be a good warm-up, and a chance for Winifred Whitegraves to put her latest transcription of Solomon's Scorching Scythes to the test.

Fine, bandwagon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Magnusth posted:

F, the 44th mantra of forgotten flames; which gathers and subsumes all flames in our soul, including the soul-flame of the spirits, that we can keep ther memories and names forevermore.

Paying respects to this

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Zybourne Clock posted:

Where I live, you posted at around one in the morning. The voting phase won't end for a few more hours (7 PM EST). Also, as funny as stumbling upon Dracula in the second room of the castle is, I'm going to go ahead and limit the maximum size of new rooms to 6 squares.

Other than that the next GM gets to decide on how to handle Dracula's early appearance. He wouldn't be the first villain to do that.

It wouldn't be the first Castlevania to go "Hi, I'm Dracula, welcome to my castle. You hosed up." *Real Castlevania Starts Here*

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Hexenritter posted:

I absolve myself of all writing duties for now because :stonk:

Yeah I can't compete with a Nyaa update. Seconded.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

CE, eat up, see if there's anything in here we can use as a makeshift weapon, take no action which harms our caretaker

EDIT: Powers vote changed!

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 7, 2018

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Change of vote.

Action vote remains eat up, see if there's anything in here we can use as a makeshift weapon, take no action which harms our caretaker

Powers vote changed from CE to

Magnusth posted:

F: The Remebered Flame Avenges, which summons forth those spirits we have remembered with the 44th mantra of the forgotten flame as fiery wraiths.

G: The Ember Ignites a Thousand Flames, Which empowered and enlarges the effect of one other spell. If the spell isn't a fire spell, it becomes one

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Mike Tyson posted:

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 9, 2018

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

1 C
2 A
3 C

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Prince of Space posted:

That missing page from our spellbook contains the spell we need to overcome this trap. Dracula is certainly toying with us.

1A Grab that page
1E Use that spell

This.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

1C - A looting guide? For Valentine's Day? You shouldn't have! :swoon:

2C - Tampering in God's domain? For Valentine's Day? You shouldn't have! :swoon:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

ED

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

C
F
K
M

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

1. C
2. AC
3. B
4. C

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

I don't know if you do alternative voting, so if you just do one-option take the first one on each line.

CBA
CAD

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

As the adrenaline subsides, you take a moment to appraise the library in its entirety - an ordered, well-maintained stockpile of magical texts (including trap books, you note with a grimace)... and certainly the mundane as well. Dracula has had almost forever to compile the knowledge of ages. For what fell purpose you do not know, but there's one way to keep him from achieving it: slay him and the library will be inert, and perhaps a treasure, if Dracula doesn't take the castle with him.

So you look for a key, but not the kind wardens and treasuries carry. Something to go through the gate to the sustenance/slavery chamber as though it was not there - or tear it off of its hinges. This place has to be organized somehow, not that you know how libraries were managed in late medieval Transylvania, or that Dracula would organize his own library that way, but sifting through the titles should tell you what you need to know.

1. What kind of spell (Key.) do you look for first?
A: The kind that lets me pass through porous objects. Maybe I can stream through them like a vapor. Maybe I can go to any floor I see with no regard for distance. Maybe....
B: The kind that makes doors open. Every lock has its own combination, cut into the key... what if I didn't need the key? Iron rusts, not quite like the oxidation of fuel in fire but oxidation nonetheless... what if I can make it fall away all at once.
C: The kind I already had. My grimoire was the product of ages and had an (admittedly exothermic) answer for almost any question.
Or write in.

"It has been some time since we've had a proper guest in our archives, child."

The hair on the back of your neck stands at attention. He has a librarian, because of course he would. Almost despite yourself, you turn to face him. A tall and gaunt man, in an impeccable if all-black three-piece suit with matching ascot, with a thick head of hair and a full beard, both graying, for maybe God alone knows how long. Compared to him, any mortal would be a child, why not you.

"There is a limit to how much assistance I can provide you despite the master's wishes, but it is looser than you would think: he has never stopped enjoying the challenge and the hunt. And if you have something to contribute to the archives, we might expand them further still."

He clasps his hands, index fingers together and toward the roof. "What would you ask of us, wanderer?"

2. Fill in.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

You can call me A

or you can call me J

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

1. D; ideally for information or tools (spells/items; don't know if money will be much use), but if it can leave I can at least live with that. Sorry if this is tough to parse.

2. B. Never don't secret passages.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

C
E
Y
N

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Nyaa posted:

B then E

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

But double jump is magic, and grants access to more magic!

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

A :black101:

Also if I happen to be the last voter for the next 12 hours I punt. No one needs to see another one of those.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

B
E: Either one of those four green 'X'es or the flooded chambers under the prison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

1 D with option to tack on a 1E if someone comes up with something rad, EDIT: Like Bee Bonk's 1E
2 ABCD

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 26, 2018

• Locked thread