Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I wish I could be as bad as my job as Yamasaki.

Please don't die Machida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm torn between cheering for a fresh face at the top of a division, or between seeing Machida get one more cool karate KO. Both are cool things.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Does Mario hate Brazil because Jesus Christ that was brutal.

Eleven years since Lyoto debuted in the UFC what the hell?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Did he just call him Stevie Wonderboy Thompson?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
It's going to be extremely funny when Machida dies and the crowd goes quiet

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

kensei posted:

Does Mario hate Brazil because Jesus Christ that was brutal.

Eleven years since Lyoto debuted in the UFC what the hell?

he's actually brazilian, but I think he hates all sentient life

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
extremely promising that machida was constantly being stalked back to the fence while seemingly having no idea where abouts he is in the octagon before miraculously buckling anders' legs. keep it up lyoto.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Soothing Vapors posted:

he's actually brazilian, but I think he hates all sentient life

I know, I was kidding

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Marching Powder posted:

extremely promising that machida was constantly being stalked back to the fence while seemingly having no idea where abouts he is in the octagon before miraculously buckling anders' legs. keep it up lyoto.

Lyoto Machida

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

kensei posted:

I know, I was kidding

look it's 2 am, no jokes please

Gay Horney posted:

Lyoto Machida

lol

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
That low kick is a nice weapon for Lyoto. I'm still expecting him to just keel over dead at any moment though. :ohdear:

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Lyoto butters his bread by skirting around with his back to the fence cracking dummies who shuffle in after him

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
He drags on but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

ffs Anders what are you doing

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
anders' footwork is only just not good enough for him to be able to steamroll machida.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Machida's escapes from death getting narrower and narrower

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I'm the screaming lady.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

lol as soon as Machida gets touched his face explodes

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I'm the screaming lady.

Came to post the same thing

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Machida seems a bit wobbly. This is looking like a foregone conclusion.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Someone needs to give Anders the "footwork is a thing" talk.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

machida's style ages at least as well as anderson's.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Fighters are a lot more disciplined now than when machida was champ. a decade ago the anders equivalent here would have gotten frisky and charged in chin up

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Someone needs to give Anders the "footwork is a thing" talk.

he's got the talent but yeah. it needs to be a focus if he's to fight anyone more serious than a 400 year old machida

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
machida is loving up his leg pretty bad though

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I was really hoping Lyoto figured out southpaws in the last three months but oh well.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

anders, stop going for a takedown after you've most of the way killed him. it allows him to recover, forcing him to take more punishment eventually.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

he's got the talent but yeah. it needs to be a focus if he's to fight anyone more serious than a 400 year old machida

It looks like he still has to think about it all the time.

Jesus that woman sounds like a parrot.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
The screaming lady is amazing

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The banshee in the audience is an Eryk Anders fan

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

No chance. She's screaming for Lyoto not to die

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Mixing that screaming lady into my "Sounds of the Amazon" sleep aid track.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Right. I forgot about this kind of Machida fight. He hasn't had one of these since (checks Wikipedia) woah 2013.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Hoping we see fifth round Machida here.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

"what neck?" lmao

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

anders is so loving set on these takedowns but when he gets them after expending tons of energy he is completely ineffective

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Machida needed to drink his own urine before this round for energy

Rude_Dude
Jun 2, 2009
Was Anders' corner man encouraging him to headbutt? He said "when you clinch, give him a bump" and moved his head forward on the word bump in a headbutt-y motion.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Anders should win, but this is still within reach of bullshit Brazil judging so he needs to fight with more urgency than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Driving your head into your opponents chest or chin is a thing in takedowns.

Questionable advice to tell him that they're winning and to not press his luck though

• Locked thread