Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Nuckelavee posted:

My favourite thing about Malcom is that he is wearing two pairs of goggles. A stylish man, to be sure.

For a while, a helmet with goggles, a suit with goggles and an actual pair of goggles was my go-to outfit. I want my characters to look like they had a fight with a thrift shop and lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

ApeHawk posted:

Tell me about the NCR.
The New California Republic's got the most power in Nevada. Money, troops, you name it.
They do what they can to keep things safe in the region, but if you ask me, they're trying to do too much. They're spread too thin.

In respects to a topic talked about in the Fallout Thread in the Games forum, it's interesting how the Courier's line "Tell me about the NCR" is a subtle mix of allowing people new to this aspect of the series' :darksouls: deep lore :darksouls: to find out about the NCR and allowing those familiar to the story to find out what the NCR are doing in this place.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Will you repost the fan-fic, or is that too embarrassing to show? What was the 'topic' of the story?

Hopefully a future Fallout will show us the canonical ending/continuation of the saga of the Lottery Winner.

Wait, no, the character may end up with the worse fate possible and end up in a East Coast game! :gonk:

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

PenguinSalsa posted:

But why does every Unarmed playthrough of the Fallout games always have to start with the PC slaughtering a settlement full of completely innocent people? :ohdear:

I think it's more showing off a road-not-taken version of the game. I know the times I've played the game I never took the pee-gee's side - perhaps because I never saw where the boss of the local gang was hanging out nearby. I just bolted for the gas station and then...

Hell, it was a few playthroughs in that I even found that Doc Mitchell would give you stuff for this quest.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Glazius posted:

Do companions get bad moodlets if they catch you snacking on a bit of long pig, or is it just understood that's how it is in the wasteland?

Companions won't get angry or leave you, but other NPCs will turn hostile.

Certain companions only leave or become hostile if you join a faction they hate - and no prizes for guessing which sole faction it is that those companions hate...

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

If Sun Vulture is more machine than woman, is it really cannibalism anymore?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

GoneRampant posted:

I mean it's clear to me that Sun is hoping that by replacing as much of her body with cybernetics as possible, she won't be classified as a human anymore and thus it won't be cannibalism.

Sun Vulture's gonna have a problem in about ten years when she has headed east and people start yelling things about 'synths'...

Edit:

Er... not much support with the ladies' version of the Khan simple Armour, eh? Just lettin' 'em hang out?

LashLightning fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 3, 2018

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Sylphosaurus posted:

Canīt wait to see Vultures first time where the main course is Super Mutant :allears:

Gotta make sure you eat your greens...

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Spuzzz posted:

If you don't want to chase down that sniper just whip out a rocket launcher.

Hopefully they'd hear you yell "Mine's bigger! :smug: " before they're reduced to a fine mist.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

I need to have another full run at this game. I don't remember the Boomers being this... bloodthirsty towards those from outside their vault.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

:five: for "cannibal turducken", alone.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Deathwind posted:

Doesn't junking a container put it's contents into your workshop?

Yes, but what they're saying is this makes any locked container superfluous in an area you can make into a settlement as you can simply junk the container which gives you the items without you playing the minigame or investing points into higher levels of lockpicking, etc. They wish for the minigame/skills to still have relevance after you clear a settlement to put your own stuff down.

Personally, I mod the game to remove the lockpicking/hacking minigames.

Edit: How 'bout that New Vegas game, anyhoo?

I hope ApeHawk beats the LP Curse so we can see Sun Vulchure's reactions to a certain verbose DLC character. Sun will probably be bearly able to handle his bullpoo poo.

LashLightning fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 25, 2018

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

When we meet the third Big MT visitor you'll understand why they removed their memory of talking to them.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of this. :)

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

:pseudo: : Did you bring me those right hands I asked you about, Sun?

:j: :fork: : Sorry, I *burp* got a little peckish, Doktor.

:eng99: : ...

Great work! Now ol' Vulch' needn't worry about caps again!

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Mark of good decision making if we can still have these arguments 8 years on I guess.

Even when the only thing these arguments can agree on is that the inevitable one guy who stans for the Legion is a dumbass. :rolleyes:

I, for one, am surprised that Sun Vulture didn't keep House along for a little while more and play him off against the other sides. It'd be a short while before he calls for you to do The Bad Thing (Kill the Brotherhood, which obviously can't be done as it'll upset our good friend and fellow Fister Sister) and you could extract a few more caps from Andrew Ryan, Post-Apoc Edition. Then again, Vulture is positively swimming in caps right now and doesn't have anymore cybernetics to act as a caps-sink. :awesomelon:

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Requesting fan-art of Boone rolling a comically-rotund Vulture back from the Legion camp, with Vulture saying "I don't regret a thing."

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

DeathChicken posted:

I dislike. How. This guy. Speaks in fragments

I think it's meant to imply a tiredness, from the large amount of events he's seen over a fairly short time. Plus it can have the effect of making his cryptic references appear more important-sounding.

Bear, and the Bull. Bear, bull, bear, bull. Bull, bear. Bear, bear, bear. Bull... Bull. Here, in the Divide.

Trust this guy to meet up with the ThinkTank and some how come out all philosophical about it.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Benny took the care to double-tap and he still hosed it up.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Ulysses confirmed for being that one character from the Simpsons who gets freaked out about how perfect the life of bumbling oaf Homer Simpson is.

"I KNOW! I'LL HUG AND KISS THIS DEATHCLAW, BECAUSE I'M SUN VULT-" :gibs:

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

It seems that Dead Money was going to lean on the fourth wall, so to speak, with the former Elder mocking you for blindly following the quests on your Pip-Boy and the compass in the corner of the screen - there are some cut but findable sound files to that effect.

Perhaps that was pulled back for Ulysees to throw a strop about how the Courier is like... A protagonist or something!

There are other interesting bits about Ulysees and his motive, though, so I don't want to be seen as completely pooping on the character.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

I don't buy that the Mojave is so screwed in an independent ending. There's a whole mini-quest about ensuring the water is used right for the crops, and considering the population has been somewhat reduced by Sun Vulture eating them the NCR and Legion armies being kicked out, I'm sure it's not too difficult to attend to the needs of the populace.

I like Vulture's own alliterative title, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Comrade Koba posted:

Fallout factions have always been dumb, and it’s just as easy to reduce the ones in FNV to just being 'USA 2.0', 'Cosplay Nazis' and 'Robot Jeff Bezos'.

Who are USA 2.0? The New California Republic, or the Enclave?