Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

nah, the trader at the 118 wears one and I swear I've seen a roaming npc (that isn't malcolm) wear one as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I'm happy that this project exists but I would so like to have obsidian fixing some of the glaring issues like DLCs not really fitting well into the overall plot or power level. and even enhancing and polishing the game more.

there is the jsawyer mod, which is made by one of the devs (joshua sawyer) and attempts to rebalance the game. Among the many elements it changes, the level cap is reduced from 50 (with all dlc) to 35 to reduce godmode player characters, and makes changes to the way armor works to make slow-firing high caliber bullets more effective against armored targets (and small-caliber high rate-of-fire weapons less effective against armor). Overall it increases the difficulty but in a way that feels fair.

double nine fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Feb 20, 2018

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

the animation's so annoying though

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

That was the Repconn quest. Let's never speak of this again. it's so loong. and with too many ways to bug out/screw up unintentionally.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I remember popping a metric buttload of turbo and jet to get through this part

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

no I don't think so. Pretty sure the game starts with amber selected but with 3 other colors (green, blue, or white) available.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I like the boomers vaporized

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

at least part of the dislike for boomers is how their base is annoying to navigate, and is mostly a big plain with no interesting features, and, well, the introduction is a bit explosive.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I'm giving this dlc content 5 penises out of 5.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

dead money - great party members (esp christine and dean for very different reasons), good villain of the 'love to hate' variety, interesting but irritating attempt at survival gameplay outside, obnoxious beeping mechanics inside.
honest hearts - amazing background story re:survivalist, great environment, neat exploration and environments, but the main quest doesn't hold my interest despite the great voice acting
old world blues - I love the comedy, I love the Sink, I love the characters, I hate the bullet-spongy enemies and too frequent respawns of them.
lonesome road - eww. I don't ... no. best thing about it are the Long 15 and Dry Well and the decision to get there. And a baller outfit.

in other words, honest hearts and kind of owb for its gameplay, owb & dead money for the writing. Lonesome road wasn't my cup of tea at all.

double nine fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 24, 2018

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Doctor Moebius wouldn't be called that if he didn't keep yammering on forever.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Turbo and jet my friend. Get high as a kite is always an answer

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

wish there was a Legendary Brahmin, tbh.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Siegkrow posted:

Not that brain :(

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Weeble posted:

I loved Dead Money.

I especially loved spitting in the face of its central message right at the end.

'sneak sneak sneak'

If you can't take all of the dlc trophies with you, what's the point?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

it helps that it's not just player-specific spite he has.

Dean's got the best backstory.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

PurpleXVI posted:

The big problem with all those suburbs around New Vegas is that unless you literally ignore all the content you can on the roundabout way up there, or get there by running screaming and crying past the quarry while getting chased by Deathclaws immediately after leaving Goodsprings, all their challenges and rewards are just... completely forgettable in quality.

Like, fifty caps? That might have been relevant as a quest reward or amount of money in the opening five minutes of the game. Past that it's like the most minor of pocket change. So there's no reason to bother with them from a reward standpoint, and aside from those few unique animations, there's nothing compelling about them from a storytelling/presentation standpoint either.

that could have been intentional, maybe? These are the slums of the city, and maybe the intention is that these people can't afford more rewards.

It still sucks from a gameplay perspective though.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I really liked Honest hearts for how pretty it is compared to the rest of the Wasteland.

The Mission, Chris Avellone edition I'm lukewarm about but whatever.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Overall, Honest Hearts is a really mediocre piece of dlc. But then you come across the Survivalist's story and it has all the feels.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

eating only apples posted:

After reading the message he left for the Sorrows, there's one really obvious decision to make in the future.

(I shed a tear every time I read it, and then use his rifle from thereon out)

win a speech check?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Comrade Koba posted:

Are there any hints at all as to why the Vault 22 survivors turned into a violent cannibal rape cult? Was it the spore disease?

there is a section of Zion that has spore carriers and giant venus fly traps

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

sniper4625 posted:

hype hype hype

Taking suggestions on what song Sun would choose to BGM the The Problem Solvers(tm) Solve the Caesar Problem.

Salad Days by Mac Demarco

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

iirc raul's quest relies on you talking to specific people with him as a companion. Unfortunately if you talk to those people before Raul is a party member then that conversation trigger goes to waste and you can end up not being able to trigger his personal "quest".

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I can do both.

We should do both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

it is good at getting rid of all your surplus 9mm ammo, if the targets aren't armored.

It's not very good.