Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Star caps. This was one of the few NV quests I didn't like. For being something of a wasteland myth, I expected more petty warfare over the caps. There's a couple setpieces, and that's it. Then again, all the HQ has is money and Pew Pew, so it scales well I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

The flippancy is interesting compared to the other New Vegas LPs.

Will the lottery-winning goon receive similar treatment?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

The first time I played, I was too stunned to do anything except watch him leave. But only the first time.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

What's the story behind the Weird Wasteland bottle pyramid? I don't remember it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Randaconda posted:

I like the Boomers.

The mini-Boomers are so happy when you bring them toys. :3:

I like them better than the Brotherhood in this game. They have a few things in common--wanting to keep others out, hoarding bits of old culture--but the Boomers have less angst. Many of them apologize for being rude once you have better rep with them. And they're a bunch of rubes with artillery. It's like visiting home for a weekend. :allears:

I would love them even more if they gave you a Crazy Harry type as an NPC follower.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Didn't know there were licensing issues. Thought it was a great way to get the idea across without banging the player over the head with it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

quote:

I dunno. A squatter? Fiend? At least some old ladies with rolling pins.

:colbert:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I think the omelets Rose sells in Modoc are called Wasteland Omelets. I think the deathclaw part is supposed to be a secret ingredient?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I think it would have been better if Josh and Sam joined different DLCs and you're left to puzzle out everything yourself and decide who lives and who dies, just like the survivor.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

I always thought the game was about reconciling the past with the present. Never really thought about it as a concrete X vs Y allegory.

Edit:

David Corbett posted:

in practice it feels more like, and really is, a horde of nomadic barbarians following a single Great Man than a settled, agricultural nation.

I feel like every major town and faction in the game is a cult of personality. (Which is funny because the original Fallout 1 trait was garbage. :lol: )

I brought my Drake fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

edit: took it out then

I brought my Drake fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 4, 2018