Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

RddiCl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

our name is Dippy, and we are legion

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

lol

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

*in barbershop quartet voice*

dippy . . . Dippy . . . Dippy . . .DIPPY . . .

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Macnult posted:

I said a hip hop the dippy
the dippy to the hip hip hop and you don’t stop
the dippy to the bang bang dippy
say up jump the dippy
to the rhythm of the dippy dippy

dippy's delight

e: that is a heck of a name for a cocktail, or a candy to tempt unsuspecting children who accidentally the wardrobe

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcjhCh3POK4

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 16, 2018

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

french dippy

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

HotSoapyBeard posted:

Dippy from NDubz

thank you friends, for helping supply my rdd (recommended daily dippy)

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Darn that 40kb max!

where there's a will there's a way

however 40k is bs

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

this one is a little better than my earlier one, 10 colors, got more animation

but it's really up to you what kind of tradeoffs you're willing to make

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I did not know you could give it any number of colours.

ya, if you've got the right tools. for gif-reducing hackery I tend to use a combination of gimp and the web site ezgif.com. when you're trying to shave off that last .5 k or whatever, the combination of the two provides just enough more control than either standing alone.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I thought I was the only person in the world who knew about ezgif.com.

the main reason I use it is they've implemented a somewhat obscure method of lossy gif compression that gives better results than the more standard methods. they have links on their site to the algorithm they used, which is free/non-proprietary but I don't know of any other clean, easy-to-use interface for it. I'm too lazy to run it from the command line I guess. a gimp plugin would be wonderful, or one that worked with blender's gif generating plugin.

also the site's other tools for size reduction (reducing the number of colors with or without dithering, removing every second/third frame, etc.) are useful and it's all very simple to use. instant gratification is great, you can quickly see whether you've met your target filesize and whether the result looks like total crap.

but it doesn't give you fine control over individual frame timing, for example. sometimes you can squeeze a few extra bytes by finding two frames that look pretty similar and deleting one of them . . . but in that case you need to increase the display time of that one frame so the motion looks smooth.

/geekout

Manifisto

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

took me a minute but holy poo poo

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

lol

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Manifisto

dippus major

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Munchables posted:

Tried to ask my gf "dippy?" but she just stared at me and frowned

is your gf by chance croatian, or has she lived in croatia? díppí is croatian slang for an engorged nipple

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

now we're talking

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

hey look everyone it's dabney!

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

goldmine

• Locked thread